Sign in to follow this  
Chronos

[11:40:27] You Are Not Skilled Enough To Build At This Height.

• Building on my deed
  • my whole deed is FLAT
  • Masonry is only 1, but didn't think that would matter since it's ALL FLAT
  • Sad face

#1: Wouldn't let me build stone wall on flat surface

#2: I expected my wall to be built

#3: Flatten the surface all around, try to build stone wall

# What happened

# What you expected to happen

# Steps to reproduce

You need 5 skill in respective skill to build a fence :) Don't know if it's intended or not, though.

Skill required

To start planning minimum of 5 Masonry skill required, even for totally flat tiles. *as of 12/22/12 (or some time before)

To calculate the maximum slope you can build on, based on your masonry skill, use the following formula (submitted by ketza):

Max slope = (3 * √skill) + 10

Note: The solution is rounded down.

And why you think that is a Server Bug?

A simply question in Freedom chat would get you the answer.

• Like 1

One could argue that the error message he received was a bug. Or not helpful as it could be at least.

That you for all your helpful responses, I'll get 5 masonry.

@caderyn: I did, they said nothing helpful except I should look it up. Also when I looked it up, many were saying it was bug.

But now I stand corrected :)

Edited by Chronos

And why you think that is a Server Bug?

A simply question in Freedom chat would get you the answer.

Because one would assume that, if they are given the option to build a fence prior to level five, that it would actually be possible for them to do so. You do not, for example, get the option to make a mine door on character with 1 stone cutting.

A player should probably be able to build buildings on flat surfaces, even with only 1 masonry. Either that, or the option should just be omitted until they're skilled enough to do so. That would save some confusion.

Edited by ZarmaZarma
  • Like 1

A player should probably be able to build buildings on flat surfaces, even with only 1 masonry. Either that, or the option should just be omitted until they're skilled enough to do so. That would save some confusion.

Because one would assume that, if they are given the option to build a fence prior to level five, that it would actually be possible for them to do so. You do not, for example, get the option to make a mine door on character with 1 stone cutting.

You need 30 masonry to build a stone building anyway..but I assume you mean stone fences and in that case you need higher amounts on slopes. I guess it would be nice if the option would only show up (more useful on steeper slopes) if the player has the required carpentry/masonry skill.

You need 30 masonry to build a stone building anyway..but I assume you mean stone fences and in that case you need higher amounts on slopes. I guess it would be nice if the option would only show up (more useful on steeper slopes) if the player has the required carpentry/masonry skill.

I do mean fences. Also, has anyone checked this for wooden fences/palisades/etc?