Sign in to follow this  
shadowblasta

Fur Needs A Little Love

OK i didnt put much thought into this but I notice that fur is only used for beds, and i thought it would be amazing if you can use them for other furniture and Fur Clothing

Like say you have an Oakwood Chair, why not use a fur on it for a padded Oakwook Chair

We can have Bear Fur Cloaks or Wolf Cloaks, with the head of the animal fur you used as a head cover (this would obviously only work with the helmet off, or have the hood off when wearing a helmet)

Toss in your other ideas guys this is all i could think off in 2 minutes

• Like 9

Seconded.... I have alot of furs in my bsbs... :P

Maybe some bearskin rugs or something?

+1

Seconded.... I have alot of furs in my bsbs... :P

Maybe some bearskin rugs or something?

+1

Didnt want to say rugs because they have been suggested already

Maybe have it as an addition requiring higher skill to add a fur to to make a meditation rug that looks like a bear? Or something along those lines

• Like 1

By all means yes, and while we are at it... subzero temperatures!

Eeeekk, I haven't even put roofs on my housing that was up before 1.0 lol

More types of training dolls using furs and hides....

Stuffed animals like statues :P

Edited by Protunia

+1, loads of potential with furs :)

How about a low level meditation rug for newer players?

How about a low level meditation rug for newer players?

nah doesn't have the crazy eye in the middle....plus would kill that market unless there was a skilling penalty or something.

Or you could make relaxing on a Fur Rug give some other benefit(s).

+1 ,, Great suggestion.. Allot fur is sitting around not getting used.

Fur items should be difficult to make, from some website:

Because fur comes from wild animals, it cannot be flawless like cloth, which is manufactured from fibers. The work involved in repairing imperfect pelts and then sewing them together into clothing contributes to the high cost of fur garments. In some years, the scarcity of fur-bearing animals makes prices rise even higher.

From the beginning of time people wore animal skins for warmth and protection. They also used skins for blankets, rugs, and wall hangings. During the 400's B.C., an active fur market operated in Athens, Greece. Fur became a luxury during medieval times, when only kings and princes wore such extremely expensive furs as ermine and sable.

The desire for furs stimulated much of the early exploration of North America. In the 1600's, fur trading became the most important industry in Canada.

Edited by Hula_Girl

I've done a little bit with furs, you can get perfectly functional products long before you get pretty ones. I'd love to see wurm winter actually matter, with character heat levels being potentially fatal, thus giving fur clothes and campfires some actual need.

To reduce the impact on newbies, you could do the 24 hour light tied in with warmth so they don't all freeze.

• Like 1

How about tie it in with the taxidermy that is often suggested. Butcher corpse (gotta remove those organs after all), maybe make a frame type thing to support it, then apply furs to make it look just like real-life again :D

I like the idea of animal skins being required on meditation rugs for particular paths (hate? insanity?) but I don't follow those paths so others might say it's unreasonable.

Rugs for sure, maybe we can also use furs for curtains + wall hangings (screw logical material usage!)

I also like the idea of giving it a use that doesn't negatively affect general gameplay (this is the problem with ideas implementing cold) - how about fur boots allow you to run faster on tundra?

Edited by Wraithglow

I also think it would be cool to add (extremely rare) Albino animals to get white fur

Fur curtains? i very much enjoy the thought of being able to use furs for something alternatively to beds.

Bear/wolf skin rugs are coming, just need some time to finish em :D

• Like 2