Sign in to follow this  
Trixie

Please Close Topic, Not Worth The Hassle And Crying.

There is actually no problem with talking about politics, religion, guns or similar topics per se.

But it becomes a problem when people start to get rude offensive or personal. These kinda topics are just more critical as they tend to draw these kinda reactions.

• Like 1

If i really cared about whether something offends someone or not, i wouldn't have anywhere near as many posts as i do now.

One phrase to fit them all; Deal with it.

If you don't want to get into a debate, then don't. All controversial topics are permitted to be spoken of and about; it's a matter of when people insult others and assault others when it becomes a no-no.

They aint going to control chat its getting more lenient get used to it.

In other words expect more stuff and use of some... yes profanity.

Basically you are gonna have to choose to ignore some or all of chat users.

Edited by Protunia

-1. This game needs to permit MORE types of speech, not less. It's near police-state levels of censorship already.

That said, I find the gun debate to be very tiring to listen to. It's near religious in its fervor, and a very political issue in the states right now as well, so I can see where the OP is coming from with this. However, I just can't support more restrictions of free speech, so I'm just going to silently hope for people to find something else to talk about and ignore Global when the gun topic comes up.

• Like 1

-1 If guns offend you..dont ask me to use mine to defend you IF the time should ever arise...Nuff said.

I won't

what a waist of a post! -1 for censorship!

Long live freedom of speech and right to bear arms!

You should be blocked from posting. No freedom for enemies of freedom!

Me worrying about feelings goes out the door with the ignore button. If I don't like someone, or something they are saying, I simply put them on ignore. It really does solve ALL my chat problems.

For once I have to agree with Jack. As someone who is comfortable expressing my stance on topics even when in the minority opinion I cannot cater to the tastes of every person who is fortunate enough to hear/read me. To do so would require silence. Use the powers you have like ignore to solve your discontent.

Anyone remember when wild was wild with limited moderation... the good old days. Now there is 50 thousandcms and half of em are trolls. justmy 2 cents.

Gun talk leads inevitably to gun control talk, wich is 100% politics. Its a topic I also hate, but I choose to ignore those chats (after reading it once its always the same).

Also, another chat topic that pops up more often that I would imagine for some reason, is transvesties from thailand, and asian wives... and you guys wouldnt belive the level of bigotry, politically incorrectness and sheer stupidity that is displayed in this chats... but no one gets banned.

Ultimately, you just have to ignore people or channels as a whole. Talk in local, or alliance.

I won't

So said about 15 of my neighbors..before sandy hit and the looting began...then guess where they ran for shelter and food supplies...umm yeah...

Your rights end where my feelings begin

Nope :P

So said about 15 of my neighbors..before sandy hit and the looting began...then guess where they ran for shelter and food supplies...umm yeah...

Good thing 99.9999% - Perhaps even 100% - of the wurm players are not your 15 neighbours then!

I think we should allow gun talk so we can go to Emane for shelter and food next time some kind of disaster occurs. It's totally relevant to the suggestion.

• Like 1

Well that pretty much proves guns are the salvation of the human race right there. :rolleyes:

Can we talk about knives? What about helicopters? :blink:

Edited by Hula_Girl

Can we talk about knives? What about helicopters? :blink:

Helicopters don't kill people, PEOPLE KILL HELICOPTERS