Sign in to follow this  
RockyBalboa

Last Update: Hell On Exodus Again.

i just get stoled .... all buged houses do not protect items insite no more..... what the hell...

and we got half of deed gone :S

2wn6zy8.jpg

Edited by RockyBalboa

Wowzers, please fix the bug soon, otherwise the populaton of exodus will soon start dropping...

I havent seen it on new buildings since last restart.

That is good news. I found a bug where it might poof the wall instead of reverting it to wall plan causing the leaking, so

hopefully things won't get worse.

Question is, will it happen on newly created buildings which has been built but left unfinished when you restart the server?

I don't think it happens anymore, if you do find some case then I'd like to know about it and what caused the missing wall segment where it should have been a wall plan instead.

Do you want me to post coords and names here on the structures I have seen on The Goblin Peninsula?

Yes please that would be helpful with reports of structures that are still acting up. We have to fix them manually and restart the server to fix the issues of old houses it seem to be the best way atm.

So I forget where I asked this so I will ask here, if I create a building, then finish it in say 2 hours, before any restart or anything, is that safe?

i already start move away from that area since everyone can take items from finished houses... so idk what restart this time will bring... lets hope best :D

I looked abit more into this after last trouble, and found a bug which caused the invisible buildings to occur when "tile bleeding" buildings were removed. A fix has been commited and will be in the next update.

There could also be cases with rogue, invisible doors lingering after structure being deleted falsly indicating there is a structure there when it is actually completely gone.

Restart of server will most likely fix the problem with the invisible houses.

/Andreas

ok nice progress... no more rondom plans and invisible walls.... we lost 3 houses and walls, most of fances on houses.... but great work with that seems fixed forever :D

some players still missing walls and fances...

[08:57:11] <Sstan> wtf '-_- all my fence gates and doors are gone. same as my animals :(

[08:57:08] <Beka> wtf my house bugged...

some players still missing walls and fances...

[08:57:11] <Sstan> wtf ' -_- all my fence gates and doors are gone. same as my animals :(

[08:57:08] <Beka> wtf my house bugged...

Not missing per say but not visible. Hoping the restart fixes it.

i hope this bug is fixed once for ever :D great work dev team :D WP lost some rondom walls and 3 bigger houses... but we already rebuild and make it better :D

Oh no, this is not the bug. This is the new feature added so you get more for your increased sub rate. Enjoy. Remember, WURM is no longer beta. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously, why does this happen only on one server? I thought the code was identical for all and that's why PvE and PvP all acted the same.

Edited by Clatius

Other servers have had some cases of this, but it seems more intense on exo which is where the first cases happened (on fatboy's). Not sure what triggered it in the first place though.

I wonder if this house was created earier and this bugged structure wasn't discovered, or if it was caused by another unknown bug. Anyone knows?

I lost my building and then someone deeded over it the next day. Sadpanda

My deed was affected by the initial blast in Jackal's Cove, but have not had any problems since (crosses fingers) but I did see that the buildings at old Praetorian Guard are gone, but not gone. Some invisible walls can be walked through and others you will bump into thin air.

Now I worry as I have been doing some heavy construction on my deed. What is the status of this bug?

Rocky... I told you not to say it so soon...

Chances are, and I sincerely hope that the building is just left over and has not been fixed yet.

Fixing this involves finding a weird wall, one that might has been added as an inner wall when it should be an outer wall.

What I'd like to know is if there has been anyone experiencing this from a new (less than 5 days) structure.

Do you mean like this? Built this yesterday on Indy. Was standing on the inside during construction/completion, if that matters. Other than the inverted doorway, building seems to function properly and no other side effects/problems.

If you want to come check it out, Tenakill (6x, 43y) on Indy.

ZYSolYC.jpg

Nah, that's just the way the door is angled, like the ladder in an opening is always on the South side of a tile.