Sign in to follow this  
Naruchico

Thoughts While Crafting....

Sometimes you think of things while you are doing something very tedious and for me it came down to this.

Why don't we have windmills?

we have a wind mechanic, we have sails, we have grindstones, we have flour, and rye, and many windmill orientated goods...and yet no windmills....I just don't get it.

Let me know what you think of windmills or any other thoughts while crafting.....

Feel free to make this a blather thread about general thoughts on wurm heh

windmills and such have been suggested over a few hundred times over the years , and i think this is not the forum section to discuss about it ;)

Edited by Elwood2

This is more a, what do you think about when your crafting thread then just windmills heh

windmills and such have been suggested over a few hundred times over the years , and i think this is not the forum section to discuss about it ;)

I know, but this is more a what are you thinking when your crafting, idea's, thoughts, just general wurmy thoughts while playing heh

I think of a ball and chain and making something else than a pendulum from it... some iron shackle to clasp around the ankle of another player to do all the tedious blacksmithing for me. :)

But honestly, windmills is something that came to my mind, too.

It would be fantastic if the geography of Wurm had rivers and streams. It could form natural barriers to escape some monsters, water sources further inland, and would help to define the continents more than now. Then we could have Watermills, too. :)

A crafting bench or table would be very decorative... it could work as a container for crafting tools and materials.

/me starts smashing head into wall.

I also think of windmills when I craft, and how stupid and game breaking windmills would be. At the same time I also feel sick just to think about the people who think that windmills would be a good addition to the game, automated unatended crafting and such.

I also think about Elen, and why he is a dude with a girls name..." dude, why do you have to use my mothers name?", that is what I think.

• Like 1

I rarely crafting.. when I do.. I'm thinking of nuffin.. i just let my mind relax.

• Like 1

I also think of windmills when I craft, and how stupid and game breaking windmills would be. At the same time I also feel sick just to think about the people who think that windmills would be a good addition to the game, automated unatended crafting and such.

I also think about Elen, and why he is a dude with a girls name..." dude, why do you have to use my mothers name?", that is what I think.

Windmills shouldn't have any use to prevent automatic crafting, or at least, give no skillgain so that it's a waste of time to do and just for fun :)

/me starts smashing head into wall.

0ikjSWM.gif

Edited by Klaa

In the 'How did you get your wurm name?' thread I gave an answer. :D

Also tell your mom I said hi.

Edited by Elen

"Don't forget to blink. Don't forget to blink. Don't fall asleep. How many more planks? How many more shafts? Don't forget to blink. Don't forget to blink."

Windmills shouldn't have any use to prevent automatic crafting, or at least, give no skillgain so that it's a waste of time to do and just for fun :)

Would be nice to do bulk stuff, like planks, flour (if you want to bake), etc, etc.

Yields could be less than what you'd get by hand, ql would be lower than normal, etc. But would be great to prevent 5h of cutting planks or bricks.

I was honestly thinking it would only do mortar, flour, and anything you need grinded, not really a sawmill utility, but eh it could do it all really, but just kill quality to hell lol

I always think to myself something along these lines (when I can stay awake):

"Oh my god this is so boring why do I keep logging in this is so boring I'm falling asleep why do I keep logging in"

And yet, here I am, every day, doing the same thing. :)

I never imagine having something make items automatically :/

Like for a windmill, that would grind flour I would imagine? lol

Automation of that sort shouldn't be in Wurm I believe

• Like 1

Rare rare rare rare rare rare rare rare rare rare rare rare rare rarerarerarerarerarerarerarerarerarerarerarerarerarerarerarerarerarerarerarerarerarerarerarerarerarerarerarerarerarerarerarerarerarerarerarerarerarerarerarerarerarerare

• Like 1

I think about the same things alot. Technology that is missing from the period. Like sextants for the sailors.

When making something that's got a 10% success rate or some such, "Gonna get lucky this time. Gonna get lucky this time. Gonna get lucky this time. Gonna get lucky this time. FFFWHY-I GIVE UP............But... Once more. Gonna get lucky this time. Gonna get lucky this time. Gonna get lucky this time. "

6Salp4i.gif

Edited by Mizana