Sign in to follow this  
Sarcaticous

Things U Think Make No Sense In Wurm

Timer on some basic spells taking for ever to cast. aka strongwall 3 minute timer..its not a figthing skill.

Clearly you don't live on a pvp server lol

Trying to be witty and putting a fictional star wars location as your location on the forums of a game that has nothing to do with Star Wars.

Why are you looking at that....? OMG HE'S GONNA KILL MEEE

Things that make no sense in wurm, people trying to kill me because I pointed out spelling

Can pick up 6 dead horses but not a ~6 kg metal altar; nope.

Trying to be witty and putting a fictional star wars location as your location on the forums of a game that has nothing to do with Star Wars.

As opposed to a real Star Wars location?

Edited by Aflacduck

how mining rock shards takes forever, when IRL you cant mine without getting metric tons!

how mining rock shards takes forever, when IRL you cant mine without getting metric tons!

Speaking of real life exerience mining with a pickaxe on rock?

• Like 1

Fences

The wooden one I'm pretty sure I should be able to kick apart in about 10 seconds, and the low stone one I could casually step over.

Champ troll's foot is taller than my fence but he can't get me :D

Edited by Elen

Being able to use a Yo-Yo while "floating in water" (read as swimming) , but not on a boat that is moored (standing still).

Being able to use lower ql leather to improve leather items. (Its buged atm)

Being able to use lower ql rockshards to improve low stone walls.

Being able to fit 4 to 8 (smaller ones) corpses on a raft , but being unable to fit one Champion corpse on one (and greenish is weird).

Meh people already getting most of em...

No jumping nor flying

A roof that is made from equal amounts of wires and thatch and is repaired with: wooden planks.

• Like 1

You plant yourself inside your mount of choice, or on ground on crocodile.

Harvesting plants in winter... :)

Plants can't grow in buildings that have no roof and no floor...

Holding searing hot lumps in hands!

Your ship, cart or horse can vanish behind cave wall, when you accidentally or by lag hit that wall.

What even less making sense for me is, that this bug is in game for years. Perhaps it is not bug, but intended feature? Sorry if it was too harsh. Devs look at that problem, solve it and save nerves of Wurmians and work of GMs.

You grab molten iron from the forge in your bare hand and smash it on an anvil to make a tool, but the meal is too hot to eat.

• Like 8

Mine doors using a completely different decay system than most of the items in the game.

Edited by Aeris

Bashing a wooden fence damages a pick 100 times more than mining rock with it. :blink:

Not only that but you do considerably more damage to the rock you are mining than you do to the wooden fence.

Edited by Sarcaticous
  • Like 1

In West Asia and the Eastern Mediterranean early copper zinc alloys are now known in small numbers from a number of third Millennium BC sites in the Aegean, Iraq, the United Arab Emirates, Kalmykia, Turkmenistan and Georgia and from 2nd Millennium BC sites in West India, Uzbekistan, Iran, Syria, Iraq and Israel. However, isolated examples of copper-zinc alloys are known in China from as early as the 5th Millennium BC.

The compositions of these early "brass" objects are very variable and most have zinc contents of between 5% and 15% wt which is lower than in brass produced by cementation. These may be "natural alloys" manufactured by smelting zinc rich copper ores in reducing conditions. Many have similar tin contents to contemporary bronze artefacts and it is possible that some copper-zinc alloys were accidental and perhaps not even distinguished from copper. However the large number of copper-zinc alloys now known suggests that at least some were deliberately manufactured and many have zinc contents of more than 12% wt which would have resulted in a distinctive golden color.

By the 8th–7th century BC Assyrian cuneiform tablets mention the exploitation of the "copper of the mountains" and this may refer to "natural" brass. Oreichalkos, the Ancient Greek translation of this term, was later adapted to the Latin aurichalcum meaning "golden copper" which became the standard term for brass. In the 4th century BC Plato knew oreichalkos as rare and nearly as valuable as gold and Pliny describes how aurichalcum had come from Cypriot ore deposits which had been exhausted by the 1st century AD.

Moderns high zinc content brass are naval alloys, containing 40% zinc, and one alloy called withe brass, containing 50% but is allmost unuseable because is too brittle.

Yet in wurm 1kg zink + 0,15 kg copper ends in .10kg brass lumps, so the marvelous wurm developers nor only have found a new brass formulae, the also solved the ancient problem of transform mass into energy eficiently without causing a nuclear type deflagration.

• Like 1

Yet in wurm 1kg zink + 0,15 kg copper ends in .10kg brass lumps, so the marvelous wurm developers nor only have found a new brass formulae, the also solved the ancient problem of transform mass into energy eficiently without causing a nuclear type deflagration.

• Like 1

Examine an iron vein and it's described as pure. So why does it smelt to 1/20 of its weight??? :P That's an impurity in the ore if you get 19 kg dross when you smelt! :P.

• Like 1

Hostiles will attack your horse when you're riding it, but hook two up to a cart and the hostile suddenly has absolutely no interest in them :P

A horse will graze the tile it's on down to dirt, even though there's an overgrown and lush grass tile next to it.

Carnivorous hostiles that kill you don't eat your body.

Horses pretty much don't move at all. Anyone who has seen horses in pasture IRL know they're often quite active; rolling, running, wandering, pacing, playing, etc.

You can feed an animal through a wooden fence, but you can't tame it.

A horse cart gets slowed down uphill, but doesn't speed up downhill.

The sea is made of fresh water.

Tundra can't regrow, no matter what.

Animals don't make ANY sounds unless they're being attacked or die.

Arch/window/door walls require the same amount of materials as solid walls, but floor openings require less materials than solid floors.

[i'll come back if I think of more~]

Edited by Mizana

Examine an iron vein and it's described as pure. So why does it smelt to 1/20 of its weight??? :P That's an impurity in the ore if you get 19 kg dross when you smelt! :P.

If it wasn't pure iron, you'd get other metals from it too. The vein isn't just a massive lump of iron, it's iron within rock (ore). It's just 95% rock, and 5% iron ;)

-Height limit in caves. (seriously)

-Too fast cooling of the lava tiles cast by Erupt ability. (rare ability since few people are on the path of power, it deserves more respect!)

-Can't surface mine a tile with an adjacent dirt tile. (I can see the rock I want to mine... why can't I mine it?!)

-Paving skill to determine the maximum height of your house. (a floor is a floor, whatever the height it is, mason or carpentry should be the one deciding that, ("can the structure hold at that height with your mason skills?") that's the real question)

-Being automatically disembark from a boat if it collides with the shore. (what the heck!?)

-Trying to balance PvP and PvE with the same system. (While fixing one to break the other... that make no sense at all)