Sign in to follow this  
NESGamepro

Updated! - Wurm Auction Timer

I wanted to say I really do appreciate the suggestions and I'm happy people have found great use out of my simple creation that I wrote in a couple hours on a whim. It's become almost universal in auction posts, bidders often ask for it if it wasn't included. I'm proud of that.

Even if I can't work your suggestions into my idea of simplicity, which is the case with all posted suggestions so far, I'm taking notes and considering a version 2 or advanced mode to make your ideas happen. Please don't think I'm just shooting down your ideas.

What else would be in your dream timer?

So I am trying to put this in an auction for an item that I am selling. I have the code and everything. What all do I need to do for it to work?

was thinking is this timer specially made for wo forum too or can it be used outside on other websites too ?

doesnt seems to count down when i try test it.

I didn't see your post until just now sorry.

It would work from any website. You can see the countdown when it's reloaded, it's not animated like a clock.

The new forum caches images so the auction timer will no longer update when you reload a page. I currently don't have a solution to this.

I have no way to update the stickies in the auction forums to warn people it's not working.

testing:

auction_timer_1499043106.gif

Edited by NESGamepro
  • Like 1

Forum caching has been temporarily disabled thanks to Keenan. Any auction image posted from the time the forum was updated to now will have to be reposted to work. All those images are still cached. Any new image posted will work as usual.

Big update!

-New URL. https://wurmtimer.nesgamepro.com  Old one still works for now.

-Animated clock if your timer has less than 10 minutes remaining.

-Animated clock tested to work on the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge and Chrome for Android.

-Some interface changes, mostly for looks (it's still plain and simple on purpose) but copy/pasting the URL and getting the image to show in forum should now be easier.

-Made possible by wide adoption of standard SVG and some tricky styling.

timer_599.svg

See the updated first post for more info and let me know how it's working for you.

Edited by NESGamepro
  • Like 6

On 8/4/2018 at 2:18 PM, NESGamepro said:

Big update!

-New URL. https://wurmtimer.nesgamepro.com  Old one still works for now.

-Animated clock if your timer has less than 10 minutes remaining.

-Animated clock tested to work on the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge and Chrome for Android.

-Some interface changes, mostly for looks (it's still plain and simple on purpose) but copy/pasting the URL and getting the image to show in forum should now be easier.

-Made possible by wide adoption of standard SVG and some tricky styling.

timer_599.svg

See the updated first post for more info and let me know how it's working for you.

Excellent update!

Thank you