Sign in to follow this  
silakka

Dark Nights

I wake up at summer morning, its sunny in my room and I feel great.

I come to wurm and it's starting to get dark in there.

The maxium distance I can see in dark wurm is like 1meter, I have to walk blindly and use my memory.. it's so impossible to see a thing when you are in your sunny room and wurm has a night :S

Been waiting summer for so long that I cannot disrespect it by closing all windows and curtains :D.. just a suggestion to make the nights little brighter, bring a little new sun or make moons shine even more, it wouldnt take anything out.

And about fog.

Im fine with it, because it comes maybe once a day, but nights come all the time.

I'd love night to be pitch black, but only when the moon(s) are not up.

• Like 7

High QL lanterns are your friend during the bright sunny summer days :)

• Like 1

Some time (Year or more) ago Night was "pitch black", but they changed it....

Edited by Caduryn
  • Like 1

Been waiting summer for so long that I cannot disrespect it by closing all windows and curtains :D..

Go out and enjoy the sunshine then. Wurm needs darker nights if anything.
  • Like 4

Really depends about the monitor you are using.

I have two monitors, my main one which shows colours much better than my second, smaller and worse monitor which shouldn't reflect sunlight. I can see in all conditions and weathers of Wurm with my first monitor, but it's impossible to see with my second monitor at nights even with a lantern.

Edited by Dragonmob

raise the gamma on your video card setting if u cant see

• Like 1

I can't see **** all in wurm nights, but I like it. I love having a challenge presented to me in a PvE manner.

• Like 4

if i raise my computer brightness or gamma, then it sucks for other games, if nights would be 25% brighter than usually, then it wouldnt be that bad =))

• Like 1

then raise the gamma just for Wurm, are you seriously asking that Wurm gets changed because you dont want to close your windows during summer mornings ?

If they make Night any brighter then its nearly like clowdy Daytime.....pls no.

Go out and enjoy the sunshine then. Wurm needs darker nights if anything.

This.

Playing in a room when sun gets on your monitor doesn't mean the game needs changing really. I don't have that problem, and think that wurm nights are too bright, lantern is quite useless for me lately.

The only thing that should be done is more colored ambient lite from the reflected moons. On earth a full moon is enough to cast a shadow, and the Wurm moons are much bigger. With three moons there would be multiple shadows of different colors making nite very wierd. Of course on eclipsed moons or without moonrise when it is foggy, it should be dangerously dark.

But we should not be willing to accommodate someone who cannot figure out how to use gfx cards gamma controls because they have their windows open shining on the monitor. Especially when drivers even allow such adjustments using game specific profiles.

• Like 1

Some time (Year or more) ago Night was "pitch black", but they changed it....

thought it was a graphical glitch...

+1 to adding darkness back so lanterns are actually necessary again. I miss the times I was lost inside a pitch black cave and i had to use the outlines from hovering over walls to find my way out.

Am askin for brighter nights and u people want darker???

make ur own thread :L

Its not dark enough i say, i dont use a lantern at all unless im leading a hunt and need people to see me easily

Am askin for brighter nights and u people want darker???

make ur own thread :L

Night is supposed to be dark. You started the conversation, unfortunately you are finding most against the idea of making night brighter.

As a lamp maker I vote for darker nigths!

We are not dark elfs, we are not supposed to be able to see in the dark.

I wouldn't object to it being brighter, however since that seems to have a lot of opposition, could i request it be left as it is?

i think those requesting it be made darker aren't taking into account how it would affect those with weak eyes, or more succeptable to headaches from the changing lights.

(i have a 70ql lantern and it doesn't help a whole lot)

Here's a thought, randomise it. I love the blackest Wurm nights too and there's no way I'd support lightening them all. I put a black stretchy fitted sheet over my curtains about 5 years ago, it's still there enhancing my Wurm experience.

Yes, back when GV had JK and MR the nights were extremely dark, and few had lanterns. :)

on the darkness note, there should be a more advance lamp with a polished copper backing thing allows a single direction light but for a farther distance

• Like 1

If a 97ql lantern doesn`t do the trick (on test server, when i was playing with dye)

Right Click -> Nvidia Control panel -> Adjust desktop colour settings -> Set it to Use Nvidia settings. Up gamma to ~ +1 and Brightness to ~70% = Wurm night looks a lot like Wurm day.

Same can be done with ATI and most onboard graphics cards.

But a big +1 to adding a in game gamma and brightness slider.

If a 97ql lantern doesn`t do the trick (on test server, when i was playing with dye)

Right Click -> Nvidia Control panel -> Adjust desktop colour settings -> Set it to Use Nvidia settings. Up gamma to ~ +1 and Brightness to ~70% = Wurm night looks a lot like Wurm day.

Same can be done with ATI and most onboard graphics cards.

But a big +1 to adding a in game gamma and brightness slider.

do u know how awful youtube will look then? xD

thats why I want something ingame.