Sign in to follow this  
Theos

Wurm Pack Updates Down?

I started my client tonight, the same as always.

It got stuck at 72% while downloading the graphic packs. I waited for 15 minutes, and with no progress at all (still at 72%), I decided to force the application to close (the quit button also was not working).

I then tried to restart the client, and while it would open, it opened to a blank screen where the news was supposed to be, and then became unresponsive.

I waited, and it never got anywhere. I once again forced the application closed, restarted my computer, and tried again. I got the same white screen again.

I unistalled java, deleted the wurm folder. I re-installed java, and freshly downloaded the client from wurmonline.com. Now I'm stuck at "Downloading Application" in Java, and have once again hit a wall where I'm making no apparent progress.

Is anyone else having this issue? Anyone able to help me here?

Well I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one. Reading through the rest of this section of the forums, it seems that several people also had issues with pack updates. Unfortunately, however, they were able to fix their issue through simple reboots, and neither logging off, nor a full restart has fixed this problem at all.

I've tried to download both packs with no success.

It seems that it just sits and waits infinitely without doing anything.

I'm having the same issue. Everything else is running fine on my pc.

Yeah same here I posted in that linked thread about how it seems to be internet issues. More details there, but basically I'm getting packet loss to www.wurmonline.com which is not normal.

I don't know how or why, but one time the launcher did start to download graphics.jar, got 78.5 MB in and then locked up.

I'm not suffering any packet loss as of right now... but I supposed I could've at the time that I was downloading the pack updates.

Remote controlling a computer over 30 miles away and while its actually able to download the graphics file, its telling me that it'll take 2hrs.

It can't download the sounds.jar pack at all.

Working now

Edited by vinius

It's a little slow, but its definitely working again.

If this fixed itself, then I'm just glad its working.

If it was the Wurm team, then thanks for taking care of this guys. My wife will hate you for it, but I'm glad to have Wurm up and playing again!!

Edited by Theos