Sign in to follow this  
validate

Need Help/advice Java Cpu Issues

my old computer 3 yrs old 4GB ram Win 7. could handle 6 lowest settings clients as small windows. but normaly I played 3-4 clients 3 low 1 medium settings graphics wise. only had issues due to the 4gb ram.

can't press enter button to text down odd. anyways

new computer 8GB ram WIN 8 I am having issues running 3 on lowest settings. RAM wise under 3GB used so lots of room. but its the CPU 25-30% useage each client. I have my old computer on beside me running my priests. and they are using 10-15% CPU ,

I don't understand why a computer with double the RAM and faster newer etc... can't handle Java well at all. I just got it today. just installed Java 64bit and wurm no other installs at all. The only thing at the moment I can think of is the graphics card. my old one has a $100 from 2 yrs ago in it. where the new computer has an intel intragrated video.

I havn't opened the case yet to see If I can put a card in . the case is big enough to do it if a slot is there. any advice or help . programs to help out.?

again sorry all one large pharagragh I think the Java cpu issue is killing my forum enter buttons wireless keyboard too. fixed enter thing used firefox vs IE

Edited by validate

Integrated graphics chipsets tend to be underpowered, also try 32-bit Java even though you have a 64-bit OS. I run XP Pro 64 bit on a PC older than yours, and it runs decent under 32-bit Java 6u38. If I try to go to Java 7 or any 64-bit I start getting crashes. You can still download Java 6 from the web, just gotta look for the link to legacy versions.

I also have had a lot of issues with Java 7. The only way that I could get the game to run at all was with Java 6u38 (though I WAS able to use the 64 bit).

after 5 hrs of dealing with this. i did read some went back to java 6. so i'm testing that now . have 3 clients very low settings online a whole 10 min. longest time so far no crash ;-) using 64bit java 6 i think. if it fails will test 32 java out. just annoying. will pick up a graphics card soon. but it might just be Win 8 related.

using old comp at same time on the big 55" lcd TV. can only get away with that when wife and kids are out of the house though.. using nightly 64 bit firefox. no forum issues like IE10 had for wurm forms. i saw someone else had same issue entering in the replys

ty. fingers crossed

so wanted to update incase others with same issue.

Java 6 100% better i can run 3 on medium grahpics using 1.5gb ram each and cpu 10-20% each almost could try 4th but won't risk it

bought a new led 23" monitor. nice set up now 2 clients on the 23" and 1 on old 19" then 2nd computer 2 clients on the 22". kinda pimping now. can even put on 2 more on old computer and hook up to 55"TV but i use the TV hook up for watching wurm vids and music vids.

wife not to happy with me right now, but i told her she can use 2nd copmuter for farmville2 or other games any time.. but i really hope to sucker her in the help me grind in wurm :-)