Sign in to follow this  
Montblanc

Democratic Settlements - Method To Kick Uncooperative Players?

We've recently encountered a lovely little dillemma with our town on Epic. The village was changed to a democracy due to the founding mayor going MIA for the past 6-7 months. Everything was fine until we ran into a bit of a snag.

We had a villager who nobody liked, to be blunt, so we wanted to remove him. Thing is, we couldn't do that ourselves. Not me, the current mayor, or anyone else with villager management rights. When we confronted him and asked him to /revoke, it took about an hour to finally get him to go, which if we didn't keep track of him (or if he logged off and logged back in during nighttime) could have potentionally been disastrous.

Because of Epic's low GM-intervention policy, getting the fellow kicked for greifing wasn't a possibility. At best given the worst situation we could kill him, but he could still respawn on deed, or simply travel from spawn, and cause havok once again, since revoking is something he has to do himself.

I would like to propose three possible soultions for this problem.

1) Institute a /votekick that functions like /vote but to remove the player from town instead of promoting to mayor. This follows the meaning of democracy and is possibly ideal.

2) Allow the current mayor to revert back to dictatorship. In our situation with the founding mayor being gone we had no options, though this solution might pose some problems down the line.

3) Remove the democracy aspect. I'm aware dictatorships can be outvoted still, (and probably would have been the better option for us if we weren't cycling through villagers left and right), but this political type seems redundant, especially since there's no way to turn back without the founding mayor.

• Like 7

+1 for first option.

For second option, I think it WAS supposed to be that way before recently somehow can't change the political stance.. @_@ .. I heard something around some people kicked a mayor out and it supposed to not be as the founding mayor pay for the deed... aint solve the problem imo.. grievers can just disband village.

Third option,

Nah, let these for people who found a deed together.

Nah the situation was that some people invited lots of alts and voted the dictator out, appointed a new dictator and removed the rest of the citizens. That is no longer possible.

But when you decided to go democracy you always needed the founding mayor to revert, but previously I thought that meant the founder of the democracy, not the founder of the deed.