Sign in to follow this  
einnel

Tin Foil

In this brave new age of wurmian innovation, I've come to the conclusion that our world is sorely lacking in ways for the preservation of foodstuffs and rational thought. Therefore, I propose the introduction of the ability to craft Tin Foil out of lumps of Tin.

Tin as a material has very little utility in the game as it is, and this would provide an excellent avenue for crafting.

Activate Small Anvil. Use on glowing tin lump -> Miscellaneous -> Tin Foil

Possible uses for it are for wrapping meals (one use only), to eliminate the accelerated decay from having the foods in your inventory. It'll decay like it was in a barrel.

Also, tin foil hats. For stylish protection against unsavory ideas and bird droppings.

It is my hope that Rolf will realize that this game will never truly be complete without this essential addition to the crafting toolset. Please all state your support below.

• Like 1

+1 if it had a 4 hour timer to craft.

Possible uses for it are for wrapping meals (one use only), to eliminate the accelerated decay from having the foods in your inventory. It'll decay like it was in a barrel.

This bit I actually really like. I think it is a reasonably balanced suggestion (by not totally removing decay) and would be incredibly useful. I've always thought tin needed more uses, but hard to think of something that doesn't unbalance stuff or add another useless variety option.

As for the silliness of tin hats, not so much. I'm not opposed to the idea, I just don't think it is worth the amusement factor.

Hmm, when was tin foil invented though? Seems a little too modern for my tastes

Edit: NVM :rolleyes:

Edited by Kegan

Tin cans where invented early 19th century for Napoleons army, tin foil was invented late 19th century, it was replaced by aluminium foil early 20th century.

+1 for anything to keep aliens off my brain

• Like 2

-1 I cant even tell if the OP is serious or just goofing.

-1 I cant even tell if the OP is serious or just goofing.

Both

Gold leaf has been around for frikken ever... why not tin foil?

Besides, we need an option to shut off all the messages getting sent into our heads about invaders from Valrei.

###### makes me paranoid.

definately need something else to do with tin just dont foil is the answer. Maybe a tin roof?

Napoleon era tin cans needed a hammer and chisel to open. It sorta worked just not very practical.

But Im all for something to store my tin sandwiches in.

Eh, I still feel it is too futuristic for Wurm lol

Well, since it's made out of tin and not aluminium it's definitely not as modern as it it sounds. Besides, tin foil hats might actually make people stop having thoughts about patch change conspiracies :P

(Protunia is posting approving comments all over this forum section! :blink:. I'm scared now.)

Edited by einnel

I love the idea for something that keeps meals longer.....as for Tin foil, it gives another use for Tin which is a good thing.

As for players not liking it as it seems to modern ..

How about the same idea but using Wax paper to make Ration packs ? .... Animal Fat + Paper (papyrus sheet) = Wax paper.

Then Wax paper + Meal = Ration pack.

Also to piggyback on this idea ....we could always add the Bees idea in and use real Wax to replace the Fat :P

All in all this is a great idea - Tin Foil or Wax paper, i'm good with both :)

I just found out that we can apparently use any metal to make nails -,- some more items like that would really help with some for the lesser used metals.

and way or fat paper sounds like a great idea for preservation.