Sign in to follow this  
1Freak1015

Can't Even Install

Okay, so I was going to install Wurm. I click the "play" button and the little download begins. It completes almost instantly, and I open it. I see a black box flash on screen and nothing else happens. I'm running chrome and the latest version of java, I even reinstalled java to try and fix it. Any fixes?

I think google chrome ask you if you want to "keep or discard" the file? If it does you have to keep it and find where it was downloaded then open that. It will ask you where to install it and if all goes well you should end up with an icon that you use to launch the game.

Edit: Might want to make sure you're running it as administrator and that you are using the right java. I had to use the 64 bit java when i upgraded to Windows 8 because it was closing the launcher when i opened it all the time.

Edited by Kegan

I recently had an issue with my laptop. The game installed but when I ran the game, it would immediately shut down. It turned out that my graphics drivers needed to be updated due to recent changes in the game. Once I updated my graphics drivers, I could run the game and I did not have to revert to Java 6 nor did I have to change Wurm's advanced settings.

Lol anytime i download with chrome i click it immediately and it will open once done downloading.

I think google chrome ask you if you want to "keep or discard" the file? If it does you have to keep it and find where it was downloaded then open that. It will ask you where to install it and if all goes well you should end up with an icon that you use to launch the game.

Edit: Might want to make sure you're running it as administrator and that you are using the right java. I had to use the 64 bit java when i upgraded to Windows 8 because it was closing the launcher when i opened it all the time.

I tried running chrome as an admin, kept the file, opened it. Still, black window flashed then nothing happened.

Figured it out, I had too many javas installed. Now it's saying (whenever I try to open the downloaded file) "Application Not Found"

best start it once by running the command

javaws http://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient.jnlp

. Once it has been started for the first time you should have a short cut on the desktop. Otherwise you can create a shortcut from the Java control panel

javaws -viewer

• Like 1

Right click on it and instead of running with java binary SE, run with java web start launcher

3 years later and I am new guy having same issue, and run with java web start launcher not working

Ive set up Raid0 and built computers from a pile of parts in boxes easier than it is to install this game

It is really making me second guess trying this game when its so clunky even to try and install it

• Like 1

well there isnt actually anything to install

you just download the java webstart app and run it

if it's not working for you then theres most likely something wrong with your java installation