Sign in to follow this  
Suntzu

More Bonuses For Titles

It is nice we have the blacksmihting bonus.

Can we add more bonuses to the other titles that would be worthy? It is a nice little reward for earning the title,

Weaponsmithing

Shieldsmithing

Fletching

Etc...

It would be fun and make the titles mean something.

We have had the blacksmithing bonus for awhile now, time to expand.

• Like 5

+1 every title should have a bonus iyam, even when unequipped.

I would rather the bonus to be given with the skill too i would never remember to switch the titles out every time i am working on something new.

Would be nice if the titles menu was listing titles in their alphabetic order.

• Like 2

Alphabetical and also if you've enough titles give a radio button to subset for a-g h-m n-s t-z so you don't have too big a list to scroll through

+1 even if the title is not in use

Yeah, I know you and Kegan didn't think that through. Using the title when crafting armour will make the quality go up a lot faster, which makes it suck for grinding, which is why it needs to be togglable, like with the title. It doesn't work for blacksmthing anyway, only titles that affect armour making in the respective material (Leatherworking, Cloth Tailoring, Chain Armour Smithing, Plate Armour Smithing). I am a bit +1/-1 on the suggestion since it could just make the prices on tools and weapons crash even lower if it was made even easier to make high ql fast.

Yeah, I know you and Kegan didn't think that through. Using the title when crafting armour will make the quality go up a lot faster, which makes it suck for grinding, which is why it needs to be togglable, like with the title. It doesn't work for blacksmthing anyway, only titles that affect armour making in the respective material (Leatherworking, Cloth Tailoring, Chain Armour Smithing, Plate Armour Smithing). I am a bit +1/-1 on the suggestion since it could just make the prices on tools and weapons crash even lower if it was made even easier to make high ql fast.

Bonuses could be rebalanced to not affect grind rate, also with the changes to imping gains last monthish, would it really affect it that much anyways since the gains would be best close to skill-QL?

Perhaps, then, a way to toggle which title effects you want in, and which you want off?

Perhaps, then, a way to toggle which title effects you want in, and which you want off?

There is that toggle already, its called /titles and it allows you to switch titles.
  • Like 1

Also mixed.........if they auto kicked in or more were added wouldn't this give a huge bonus to the older players? New guys coming in would not stand a chance in a crafting market.

Flipside...some sort of perk for hitting that high a skill level would be nice.

There is that toggle already, its called /titles and it allows you to switch titles.

But does it allow multiples active at once?

i agree that titles should each give their own specific bonus but it would need a more defined rule set behind how it works.

But does it allow multiples active at once?

You can't do more than one craft at a time.

Also mixed.........if they auto kicked in or more were added wouldn't this give a huge bonus to the older players? New guys coming in would not stand a chance in a crafting market.

Flipside...some sort of perk for hitting that high a skill level would be nice.

if only 1 title can be active at the same time, it does not matter if player A has 10 titles and player B only have 1. The out come will be the same.

I'm going to -1 this suggestion and here's why:

I don't think Wurm should be about some threshold set by others at which point you get a perk. One of my favourite things about the game is that there is a slow gradation that pays off over time. a 67 skill player is not much worse than a 70 skill player, and can compete with some hard work and toil. There is already a clever system where people are rewarded for higher skills by being able to make better items, at faster speeds. I don't see the need for an arbitrary threshold at which a player deserves an easier life.

• Like 1

if only 1 title can be active at the same time, it does not matter if player A has 10 titles and player B only have 1. The out come will be the same.

I can only perform 1 action at a time so if all abilities are always active the outcome will be the same.

@wraith - You also make a good point.

Edited by Elen

Not really. New guy 0 titles. Older guy 10, 20, 40+ titles.

I'm going to -1 this suggestion and here's why:

I don't think Wurm should be about some threshold set by others at which point you get a perk. One of my favourite things about the game is that there is a slow gradation that pays off over time. a 67 skill player is not much worse than a 70 skill player, and can compete with some hard work and toil. There is already a clever system where people are rewarded for higher skills by being able to make better items, at faster speeds. I don't see the need for an arbitrary threshold at which a player deserves an easier life.

agreed. this just makes it even harder for newer players to compete.

The old guys earned the titles, just like the new guys will.

The bonus is not major and shouldn't be, a small perk...

You can' t speculate on market crashes and making it harder to compete when no one suggested what the perk should or would be.

I'd rather not being forced to change my title constantly. Perhaps there could be another way to turn the buffs on and off.