Sign in to follow this  
Sergonius

If I Have Used The Epic Portal To Travel Between 2 Locations, How Can I Pick A New One?

I started playing again recently and I was in Elevation. I went from there to Pristine, but my friend is in Chaos and I want to get there. When I want to use the portal I can only go back to elevation. And once there, I can only return to Pristine.

Players in the game told me that I can't go anywhere else anymore, which is pretty weird and stupid, considering I didn't see a warning (at least not one big enough) about this.

So is there a way of doing this? Or do I really have to play for the 2 months without my friend, waste my time and make a new account later to get there?

I didn't find anything about this Googling, so here I am.

Release/Pristine were released with the intention to one day join up with the other servers. However, for now they remain there own entity to give new players a chance at things & not have to compete with some of the older players.

When you use the Epic portal you will always return to the server outside of the Epic cluster that you departed from. A lesson in "hard knocks" to experience without foreknowledge, I reckon.

=Ayes=

It's to prevent people using the portals to travel, removing most of the need for boats.

And creating a new character means a new account it seems? My premium time will just rot?

Only if you decide not to play that character. It was well known from start that Pristine was disconnected from the other freedom cluster that includes access to Chaos.

Only if you decide not to play that character. It was well known from start that Pristine was disconnected from the other freedom cluster that includes access to Chaos.

Well I originally started from where ever you usually start from. I then had all the options open and went to Elevation.

When I didn't play for months, after dying I wanted a change and went to Pristine. I once again had all the portals open, I could have gone anywhere for the second time, which was misleading I guess.

Why was that anyway?

You start from GV the tutorial server from there you can move anywhere you want include epic. first time using portals defines where you return, only way to change it is by manually move to another portal. That is as already stated to avoid using epic as a teleport to any location making travelling obsolete.

You should not of had anything open for Independence, Deliverance, Exodus, Celebration, or Chaos after you went to Pristine/Release from Epic.

He didn't. He never was on freedom before he went to epic, so he never choose a location to start on freedom, so he had all of them open the first time. After the choice is made it's locked though.

But I agree, on first choice there should be a warning on both the Golden Valley and the Epic portals that there is an indefinite barrier between the old and the new freedom servers.

He didn't. He never was on freedom before he went to epic, so he never choose a location to start on freedom, so he had all of them open the first time. After the choice is made it's locked though.

But I agree, on first choice there should be a warning on both the Golden Valley and the Epic portals that there is an indefinite barrier between the old and the new freedom servers.

A big 48 pixels text popup would do fine

If you decide to go to Freedom servers please note that there is no way to get between the Pristine & Release sub-cluster and other freedom maps

That should make it visible to anyone else who checks the forums.

Edited by axeblade346