Sign in to follow this  
Xallo

Title Fixes Suggestion

There are some silly skill-titles, some of which break the game rules to begin with (pop-culture references such as Tank Girl, Gepetto, and Tim-the-Toolman), and some of which are not gender-oriented, such as Soulman. I think they could use a bit of updating.

Some of the titles pertain to a different skill, such as Alchemist for Natural Substances and Gardener for Nature while both of these do have actual sub-skills that relate to the title.

Alchemy: Alchemist, Chemist, Shaman (Male and Female)
Natural Substances: Apothecarist, Transmultator, Druid (Male and Female)

Archery: Archer, Bowman, Marksman (Male) - Archer, Bow Woman, Markswoman (Female)

Toy Making: Toymaker, Renowned Toymaker, Master Toymaker (Male and Female) - As mush as I like Gepetto, it is a pop-culture reference...

Butchering: Butcher, Skinner, Taxidermist (Male and Female)

Climbing: Hiker, Rock Climber, Mountaineer (Male and Female)

Fighting: Soldier, Mercenary, Knight (Male) - Soldier, Mercenary, Knightess or Dame (Female)
Shield Bashing: Stunner, Basher, Smasher (Male and Female)
Weaponless Fighting: Bruiser, Boxer, Pugilist (Male and Female)

Knives: Knifer, Stabber, Assassin (Male and Female)
Carving Knife: Carver, Engraver, Whittler (Male and Female)

Nature: Naturist, Tree Hugger, Ecologist (Male and Female)
Botanizing: Botanist, Herbalist, Phytologist (Male and Female)
Foraging: Forager, Gatherer, Wanderer (Male and Female)
Gardening: Gardener, Greenthumbs, Horticulturist (Male and Female)

Miscellaneous Items: Handyman, Toolman, Master of All Trades (Male) - Handywoman, Toolwoman, Master of All Trades (Female)
Repairing: Repairman, Fixer, Materia Tamer (Male) - Repairwoman, Fixer, Materia Tamer ( Female)

Stone Cutting: Stonecutter, Sculptor, Artist (Male and Female)

Polearms: Spearman, Pikeman, Lancer (Male) - Spearwoman, Pikewoman, Lancer (Female)

Pottery: Potter, Moulder, Master Potter (Male and Female)

Religion: Reverend, Pastor, Minister (Male and Female)

Body: Athlete, Body Builder, Olympian (Male and Female)
Mind: Intellectualist, Scholar, Philosopher (Male and Female)
Soul: Spiritualist, Soulman, Maverick (Male) - Spiritualist, Soulwoman, Maverick (Female)

None of the sub-characteristic skills should have titles as it gets too confusing.

I do know traditionally people are allowed to pick their own titles when they are the first to achieve the skill, but sometimes people pick a title without thinking about the opinions of others. :)

If anyone has any other suggestions or improvements to this, please post away, but try to include all 3 titles for the skill.

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 14

i think a change to titles would be nice,but adressing why there is titles for carving knife but not for any other tool skill would be nice too

i think a change to titles would be nice,but adressing why there is titles for carving knife but not for any other tool skill would be nice too

Nobody probably ever came up with them, so let's try to! ;)

But I do suppose that it's because the Carving Knife are used for more than one skill, and things such as shovels are really only used for digging/packing, pickaxe with mining/prospecting, etc.

If anything, Hammers should have its own title as well.

Edited by Xallo

I approve of all your suggestions. For fighting I don't like the word Knightess at all, historically there were a few female who excelled in battle that were given the title Knight or Dame, so use one of those. Oh, and I hate your religion titles.

The only reason why I chose very 'official' religious titles for the Religion skill was because the original one was Reverent, which I assumed was a typo of Reverend. If it was supposed to be Reverent, then I suppose we could come up with less descriptive title names.

Suppose we could use Reverent, Spiritual, and Virtuous, or something of the like?

Edited by Xallo

which skill is that for :lol:

Tracking

Why not, the changes look good. Also i have never personally been impressed by the 70 smithing title. Tinker? don't get it. Anyone else have opinions on this?

Oh and see my signature ;) 99 titles. Hehe just joking i doubt that will happen and is not really needed.

Edited by Blob

Dame is nice. An extra +1 for removing the not lore friendly titles.

Edited by Elen
  • Like 1

imo, the 90 nature one is fine as is.

Sickle: Mower, Sickleman/woman

Scythe: Reaper, Scytheman/woman

Sickle: Mower, Sickleman/woman

Scythe: Reaper, Scytheman/woman

Funny I was talking about how I'd like to get 50 scythe skill and get a [Reaper] title a while ago. Awesome title lol.

Soulman transcends what we know as "gender roles".

The only reason why I chose very 'official' religious titles for the Religion skill was because the original one was Reverent, which I assumed was a typo of Reverend. If it was supposed to be Reverent, then I suppose we could come up with less descriptive title names.

Suppose we could use Reverent, Spiritual, and Virtuous, or something of the like?

Actually Reverent is someone that reveres, which is a synonym of worshiper.

A mercenary is a hired soldier from a foreign land. Maybe it should be "warrior" instead, or something like that.

A mercenary is a hired soldier from a foreign land. Maybe it should be "warrior" instead, or something like that.

Warrior is for 1100 battle rank though 

Hunter, Soldier, Knight/Dame?