Sign in to follow this  
Qtgf

Papyrusmaking Changes

Face it, at this moment this skill is completely useless: you can't write any meaningful piece of literature or even a simple letter without using such important symbols like quotation and exclamation marks, but they're apparently treated as "illegal" when you try to write them down on a papyrus sheet. And there is a whole industry "link" which sole reason is to make these useless sheets.

So, to make this feature of Wurm somewhat polished and playable, I suggest these changes:

1) All symbols should be allowed!

2) Simple formatting for text, maybe simple HTML parser with no fancy elements like images. Writing everything in one line is just stupid.

3) Increase the symbol limit, the current one is too damn restricting and forces you to use multiple sheets on one simple work. I suggest about 512 + 10 * ql of sheet + 10 * ql of pen. For example, this post is 1149 symbols long, so it'd fit onto one 50ql sheet, if written by 50ql pen.

4) OPTIONAL: add bookshelves: a special container for small things (<5 kg)

That'd finally make this feature not so half-baked and actually useful for roleplaying and even for some practical use.

Edited by Qtgf

I think for papyrusmaking to deserve a seperate skill it would need more benefits. In my opinion it should be covered under natural substances instead.

I think for papyrusmaking to deserve a seperate skill it would need more benefits. In my opinion it should be covered under natural substances instead.

Now this makes sense

I am the only one thinking that papyrus sheets, not yoyos, should give double favor to the followers of Vynora? Thematically it would make more sense for the favored sacrifice item of the goddess of knowledge and water to be something which is both growing in water and a symbol of knowledge.
  • Like 1

or at least let us be able to post the sheets for viewing. just throwing them on the ground isn't helpful.

like it - make books as well

skill bookmaking

subskill papyrusmaking

subskill writing

many papyrus sheets makes a book (maybe 5 to 100)

every sheet has to be written before u make the book and be attached in the right order (other wise the order is just wrong ^^)

writing skill could give u more letters so at the beginning u may just write 100 letters but with higher writing skill, pen ql and sheet ql u may add upto 1000 letters

once u write on a sheet every letter u type is fixed and cant be deleted so if u misspell something u cant change that but by making a new letter, therefore pasting/copying into and from letters shouldnt be possible to - this would make it more intresting and time comsuming to write a real book