Sign in to follow this  
Fatalstryke

Java Crash At Preparing Terrain

Here is my console.Fatalstryke.log:

/>http://pastebin.com/eeLKwjwM

The hs_err_pif2732.log:

/>http://pastebin.com/bS2T8wxY

I just updated my Java version, I just logged in on an old version of Java a few days ago. I might try downgrading my version of Java again, since I've already reinstalled Wurm.

Acer Aspire 5515, Windows XP

Disable VBO and pbuffer in the compatibility settings

Already have. Although why would a setting that has worked for me in the past suddenly NOT work for me?

Uninstalled Wurm. Uninstalled Java. Installed the version 6 that I was previously using. Installed Wurm. Still not working.

The crash is actually occurring in your ATI/AMD OpenGL driver (part of your graphics drivers). Based on the Java frames listed in the crash log, I would guess it is occurring while trying to use the OpenGL 2.0 shaders that were added recently. According to your console log, your drivers should support OpenGL 2.1.

Under the "Compatibility" tab of settings, changing the "GLSL shader support" setting will likely allow you to fix these crashes. Setting it to "Disabled" will probably work, and setting it to "Extension" might also work since your drivers supposedly support OpenGL 2.1. If setting it to "Extension" doesn't work, it's possible a different version of the ATI/AMD graphics drivers may allow it to work with GLSL shader support enabled.

Thank you very much, Telurius. That worked.

Edited by Fatalstryke