Sign in to follow this  
Acheronia

Butchering Selected Items

I did the round on my deed butchering creature corpses and in the process collected a myriad of useless items. I just imagine if I'm butchering any animal, I'm not going to butcher the things I don't want.

This led me to wondering: would it make sense to have a window come up when butchering to have you select which items you want to carve from the corpse. The same check applies to whether you successfully butcher the items or not. But then the unwanted pieces remain attached to the corpse and can be buried with it. Would this not reduce item count?

Maybe offer a higher chance if they use selective butchering.

This selection would need to be automatic. It would be very annoying to check lots of boxes every butcher. If I had more control....Only keep the following and delete the rest.

pelts > 94 ql

hides > 50 ql

meat > 85 ql

glands all

teeth all

I don't think it will be reasonable to set the ql.

You have a selection box that pops up that's relevant to the corpse (bears will give fur option, while kitties will give pelts option). You check the items you're interested in and it's a gamble whether you get a decent ql or not.

You have a selection box that pops up that's relevant to the corpse (bears will give fur option, while kitties will give pelts option). You check the items you're interested in and it's a gamble whether you get a decent ql or not.

If there is no benefit then -1 it just adds more tedium.

Edited by Protunia

Thank you to Adysan for giving a very practical alternative:

When you bury a corpse, let the items that remain on it, be buried with it.