Sign in to follow this  
Wulfgar

Sticky On Top Of Suggestions Forum With A Guideline

Rules for posting in the Suggestions forum  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be rules for posting in the Suggestions forum?

• Yes, because it would increase the usefulness of the forum
    • No, this forum is a waste of time and the devs should only listen to suggestions made through private PM's or Uservoice
    • I don't care.

This forum has so many excellent suggestions buried deep because of so many poor or plain trolling suggestions. I suggest a guideline (preferably enforced) which should be stickied on the top of the forum. The Bugs forum has something similar. This thread is for people to post suggestions for such a sticky. There should be consequences (like temporary forum bans) for breaking this guideline repeatedly (since trolling is actually against the forum rules anyway). "A good suggestion should contain the following at least: A short description of the idea, of why it would be beneficial, how it could be implemented and it should be relevant to the theme of the game (IE. no suggesting robot ships). Then there should be assigned at least one forum moderator to actively remove threads that don't follow this guideline, so the devs can actually find something relevant when they browse it.

Edited by Wulfgar

Make me a forum mod and I'll do the job. I read so many of them.

I'm surprised there isn't one already.

Structure is a good thing, and a necessary evil. That said, if a stick is made only for the purpose of "laying out the rules" its not going to accomplish its full potential.

Any sticky made for the forums should also include advice guidelines which include what kind of info is being looked for or advice that would provoke some further brainstorming before just "omgijusthazaidea" posting.

Are there really no forum mods who are dedicated to this yet? Surely there has to be?

I voted neither way as the yes,no response didn't agree with my opinion, however I have a simpler way. Make a limit of say once a week people can create topics in suggestions.

Edited by Tineen

I voted neither way as the yes,no response didn't agree with my opinion, however I have a simpler way. Make a limit of say once a week people can create topics in suggestions.

No

No

Out of curiosity why not, obviously don't mind the disagreement but I thought it was a rational and simple way of restricting spam. ;)

No

Why? Is there really a need to create a new suggestion everyday? Make a suggestion, let ti digest for a week while it is talked through and discussed :/

I think when some one posts a Topic it should not be visible to the public till a Mod approves it

This forum has so many excellent suggestions buried deep because of so many poor or plain trolling suggestions.

Before i vote, just a quick question ... who gets to decide what is a poor or plain trolling sugesstion?

Edited by Ratlin

Before i vote, just a quick question ... who gets to decide what is a poor or plain trolling sugesstion?

The forum mods who will of course as always be extremely lenient when it comes to removing posts. Only the obvious troll posts should be removed, like when the OP himself admit he is just trolling or making a joke. Also very obvious poor suggestions like the recent spamming with sci-fi or steam-punk themed pictures with no explanation or relevance to Wurm should be removed. Monkey see, monkey do. When people come in here and see tons of troll posts and poor suggestions, they are more tempted to make the same. If, on the other hand, people come here and see a clean nice suggestions forum, they will be more inclined to follow the same pattern. By poor suggestions I don't mean that suggestions I find personally terrible should be removed. People can suggest teleporting, auction houses and mini maps all they want, but suggestions like having teletubbies as avatars or removing terraforming and crafting from the game should probably be filtered.

The forum mods who will of course as always be extremely lenient when it comes to removing posts.

Forum mods, cool, that's all i wanted to know