Sign in to follow this  
outlander

What Os Do You Use To Connect To Wurm

73 members have voted

1. 1. What do you use the Wurm Client on?

• Windows
    • Mac
    • Linux/Ubuntu
    • Unix
    • Other

Really wondering how many linux/ubuntu users there are out there. But, also trying to judge if an updated install guide for linux and wurm on linux would have a community. For those wanting to dig there are a couple good docs on the web as well as posts on forums. Just would like to make it as easy as possible for users to connect from a non-windows or mac OS.

Edited by outlander

Where's the option for Mac, but wurm doesn't work on it?

I have a netbook on ubuntu but I seriously doubt it could run wurm currently. <_<

Where's the option for Mac, but wurm doesn't work on it?

I know two friends irl who use a mac to play wurm...one uses a macbook pro and the other uses an ipad (limited to crafting I am told).

I know two friends irl who use a mac to play wurm...one uses a macbook pro and the other uses an ipad (limited to crafting I am told).

At the moment, in Mountain Lion, with updated java 7 that apple has given us to secure java security loopholes, it is impossible.

It breaks LWJGL

I read somewhere that a fix is in dev for LWJGL on Mac

It is possible on mountain lion by calling javaws from the java 6 install. Details in the tech forums.

Mmm I believe Gaeron runs Wurm off of a Linux box. Personally I just use Windows for gaming.

It is possible on mountain lion by calling javaws from the java 6 install. Details in the tech forums.

I touched base with one of the mac users and he is just doing a Putty connection to his windows box....remote is from the mac but the app is run from the windows box.

I believe this is the fix you are talking about : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5559

Edited by outlander

Mmm I believe Gaeron runs Wurm off of a Linux box. Personally I just use Windows for gaming.

I am a mixed user. I use windows while at home as it is my main gaming machine for the road I use ubuntu 11.x on my netbook (only good for standing while crafting) and ubuntu 12.04LTS on my laptop (seem to get better FPS in linux than windows). I would be interested in hearing how it works for Gaeron...

Hi Outlander!

I have logged into wurm from Linux Mint, Gentoo, and once or twice Ubuntu. Also Win7 and WinXP. I've played it via VirtualBox, VMWare, and Remote Desktop (LogMeIn Ignition works best out of 8 tested apps to play Wurm on my iPhone while out and about). As far as I've been able to determine, Wurm running via the Java VM does offer remarkable portability and cross-platform fun.

• Like 1

Oh, my girlfriend uses Linux Mint on her laptop and plays Wurm daily, but does not have a forum account to vote with.

Windows. But I'm running a few clients on Ubuntu

Well I think I am going to start collecting the needed updated info, links and supporting commands to make a How-to Linux your Wurm guide. With the end of XP hope it nudges some of the players with older boxes to give their old hardware new life....

The end of XP? Are they removing the ability of Windows XP computer to play Wurm?

No idea. Microsoft will provide extended support for XP till April 8, 2014, so its not that.