Sign in to follow this  
Tryfaen

Make Items Shatter When Improving If Item Count Is Too High

Love all the rage. Hahaha. +1 Tryfaen. But let's take it further. Items should always have a chance to shatter once the magic number of items on deed has been reached. No matter what ql.

Edit - I really hope this is a troll topic, as I've never seen an idea so short-sighted up to this point.

Apparently you aren't as fanatical about breeding animals as Tryfaen. I think he's only trying to share the crappy hand that his chosen hobby in game has dealt him. I don't breed animals in game, but I'm assuming that watching months of time and planning go down the drain is about as discouraging as it gets in this game. But hey, at least we got another couple thousand bison on the steppe.

• Like 2

Apparently you aren't as fanatical about breeding animals as Tryfaen. I think he's only trying to share the crappy hand that his chosen hobby in game has dealt him. I don't breed animals in game, but I'm assuming that watching months of time and planning go down the drain is about as discouraging as it gets in this game. But hey, at least we got another couple thousand bison on the steppe.

That isn't true at all. I happen to like having my personal pasture on deed. What I do realize however, is regardless of his intention, the suggestion just isn't feasible.

You either -

1) Risk having one person who hordes items reduce the amount that other people in the same deed can make

2) Make the item limit so high in order to avoid the issue presented by #1 that the change will never affect anything and is therefore pointless

3) Suffer the severe anger of people who, as Roan said, lose 90+ ql items (which btw takes more work than hording animals) just to make an animal horder happy, thereby creating a problem by "solving" one.

This just isn't a good idea, and as I said before its short-sighted.

Edit - in reference to the "months of time and planning going down the drain":

Are you familiar with the new "leveling" option? I spent 3 months terraforming my deed just to have some new option thrown in less than 2 weeks after I finished. I'm not asking to nerf what everyone gets to do just to make myself happy though.

Edited by Theos

How about a ratio of items allowed on deed like 15 ;)

/me hides.

Yep! It's one thing to lose horses (required for pvp!) to well, pvp/raiding, but losing horses to faulty mechanics is terrible. One fight, I lose a hell horse, I lose a backup normal horse, then I go home and find my only female horse that can be pregnant is dead to miscarriage despite the ratio being over 15. It's enough work replacing items, but that can take a day or so? One horse can take a week to be birthed, then take another week or two before it's a horse and can be ridden...

Edit - in reference to the "months of time and planning going down the drain":

Are you familiar with the new "leveling" option? I spent 3 months terraforming my deed just to have some new option thrown in less than 2 weeks after I finished. I'm not asking to nerf what everyone gets to do just to make myself happy though.

Comparing flatraising to breeding is just plain wrong. #1 you won't log in one day and all your terraformed areas will have been reduced to flat ground. #2 Seriously, you are complaining about terraforming?

• Like 2