Sign in to follow this  
Archaegeo

Quest Events You Enjoy

I am fleshing out the storyline for the next quest series but I wanted to get an idea of the type of quest events you might like to see worked into this series.

Here's one idea:

Goal (material): to create a free inn for newbie players

Goal (not material): to make a lot of people work together for a single goal without any reward

Step 1: Buy a deed somewhere close to Blossom and Academy

Step 2: "Hire" one of the guys from the last contest who proved they're great architects to line the plan for a large inn (should have like 20 small rooms - one bed and one chest on various levels) and a workshop with forge, owen, large anvil, etc

Step 3: Calculate total project costs (in materials); split that costs in like 100 fair shares

Step 4: Ask for community help to step up and participate by coming to donate one of the mentioned shares of resources to the inn - important: do not let someone donate it all or 10 parts or whatever; the goal is to attract 100 people (or anyway a lot of people) to contribute

Step 5: Set a weekend when we all can come and, under the guidance of the master architect, do the practical work

Step 6: Hold a huge party with all peoples on place; if a prize is really needed it could be a lottery for it at that moment, but I don't think is needed.

And from that point forward, any newbie player, who would need a place to stay, could rent her own room for as long as she needs. When she no longer needs it (wants to move on to bigger challenges) or becomes innactive, the rights on that door could be reseted and room rented to someone else.

I really like the long dead line contest parts. Even though I wanted to particapate in the fist parts the were posted and completed while I was at work.

It might be nice to have a part that folks could do without leaving their own deed, because some folks just don't or won't.

Or, groups by state.

Edited by Ronanxx

using the parchment was very cool, was fun when a group came around to get it signed,

you could definitely use it in a scavenger hunt /treasure hunt, where players would have to visit a place and obtain a parchment left by you with a clue to some items they would have to collect to find the next clue or area were special made signed items are located or mini quests from a deed owner to get items or do something in exchange for more clues to solve the puzzle.

I like Aum's idea. Scattered about random items with clues for the next with a chest full of treasure at the end.

Here's one idea:

Goal (material): to create a free inn for newbie players

Goal (not material): to make a lot of people work together for a single goal without any reward

Step 1: Buy a deed somewhere close to Blossom and Academy

Step 2: "Hire" one of the guys from the last contest who proved they're great architects to line the plan for a large inn (should have like 20 small rooms - one bed and one chest on various levels) and a workshop with forge, owen, large anvil, etc

Step 3: Calculate total project costs (in materials); split that costs in like 100 fair shares

Step 4: Ask for community help to step up and participate by coming to donate one of the mentioned shares of resources to the inn - important: do not let someone donate it all or 10 parts or whatever; the goal is to attract 100 people (or anyway a lot of people) to contribute

Step 5: Set a weekend when we all can come and, under the guidance of the master architect, do the practical work

Step 6: Hold a huge party with all peoples on place; if a prize is really needed it could be a lottery for it at that moment, but I don't think is needed.

And from that point forward, any newbie player, who would need a place to stay, could rent her own room for as long as she needs. When she no longer needs it (wants to move on to bigger challenges) or becomes innactive, the rights on that door could be reseted and room rented to someone else.

This is actually needed in Release. Release has nothing like Pristine's Wurm Academy. Kind of a wasteland in the Sloping Sands starting area. Although it is making slight progress, it could use some help. For example, someone started a guard tower which I helped continue but never completed since I moved and deeded.

Edited by mmorpgsux