Sign in to follow this  
shatalkua

Alchemy Cure For Disease!

Find the cure!  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Alchemy cure for disease?

• Great idea! I could use this!
    • Terrible idea! Forget it!
    • Neutral on the subject or don't have animals to worry about disease.

As my title states I wouldn't mind getting a cure for disease! It could be an alchemy made item like making healing covers but instead it cures an animal of disease. with the recent changes with animals and the fact that disease will happen more often now, i think this would be great. especially for those living off deed. fight for a cure! o/

I think there are plenty of Fo priests who can cast a low lvl spell many times a day to cover this.

The spell cures disease in a 25x25 tile area and grooms and tends to crops etc.....

Basically better than just cures disease it does everything.

Or you can move the diseased animal to a less crowded spot and take care of it.

So I am going to go -1 on curing disease for animals as it easy todo now even without a Fo even.

Not to mention this is a brand new idea to side step a new game function just put in.

If you have disease problems?? reduce animals or call a Fo.

Edited by Protunia

This would be nice to cure people of disease at the very least. It would be fun to have an alchemist, that skill needs love.

I think there are plenty of Fo priests who can cast a low lvl spell many times a day to cover this.

The spell cures disease in a 25x25 tile area and grooms and tends to crops etc.....

Basically better than just cures disease it does everything.

Or you can move the diseased animal to a less crowded spot and take care of it.

So I am going to go -1 on curing disease for animals as it easy todo now even without a Fo even.

Not to mention this is a brand new idea to side step a new game function just put in.

If you have disease problems?? reduce animals or call a Fo.

Because animals don't ever become diseased randomly right?

I like this idea, an alternitive to having to have a fo priest or waiting for days to get rid of a disease is a good addition to the game.

Come on Protunia, give the guys a break. I mean they've already have to cull herds drastically and now have an increased risk of disease if the ratio isn't right so why not throw them a bone. As Suntan said the alchemy skill could use some love. Just make the potion slightly challenging to make. Plus, wouldn't disease curing be right up alchemy's alley?

+1

Edited by Laiwyn
  • Like 1

Shouldn't have to hire a Fo priest to get rid of disease on my non-groomable animals.

-1 I agree with Protunia on this one. Alchemy may need some love but this is just a way to side step the new animal update.

Come on Protunia, give the guys a break. I mean they've already have to cull herds drastically and now have an increased risk of disease if the ratio isn't right so why not throw them a bone. As Suntan said the alchemy skill could use some love. Just make the potion slightly challenging to make. Plus, wouldn't disease curing be right up alchemy's alley?

+1

Then they need to cull more, make a bigger deed or get a Fo.

Many of the hoarding deeds used Enchanted grass and Fo's to get by the problems.

All the while having extreme ratios of animals per tile that now would have risk.

Even still I doubt Fo's will have much problems except maybe with miscarriages.

As far as I am concerned they have had their years of glutton now its time to be responsible.

Not find ways to side step new changes......................

Also if you find a diseased animal right away and isolate it, it doesn't take days to remove the disease.

Edited by Protunia

I don't get why someone should be forced to get a fo priest to take care of animals.

You just said most of the hording deeds used fo priests already, so I don't see how this would help the people who have had "years of glutton", they will probably just keep using priests, even if this is implemented, as humid drizzle is easier then making a ton of something and applying it to every animal you own

I don't get why someone should be forced to get a fo priest to take care of animals.

You just said most of the hording deeds used fo priests already, so I don't see how this would help the people who have had "years of glutton", they will probably just keep using priests, even if this is implemented, as humid drizzle is easier then making a ton of something and applying it to every animal you own

This is too easy once its in and people will hoard more with out Fo's again.

The change was to punish crowding all this would do is make is easier to crowd as well.

it's simple dont crowd and buy a deed if you want to breed lots of animals and be safer.

Edited by Protunia

Regardless of opinions the medieval age saw a plenty of alchemy use. This absolutely fits into the game and would be an enjoyable way to grind the skill. If there's a concern (Protunia) over making it too easy to hoard - simply make the potions hard to make and give them a low success rate. Afterall, we're not talking modern medicine here...

+1

I voted -1 because if hoarders can mitgate the problems we will still have the same problems.

-1 this would make the reason they just put the diseases higher worthless.

If it's difficult enough to make I see no issue with it. Disease is already curable by grooming and seperating, so any form of attention given to the animal to cure disease is fine.

I like this idea, a very much +1. This idea would give alchemy more of a purpose. A alchemist profession in game would be great, and it wouldn't make the higher disease worthless, if you give the chance for the potions to fail.

• A bug where creatures got diseased too often was fixed
  • Crowding when attacking should now block the last attacker instead of everyone

So there we have it was a bug anyways lol

Edited by Protunia

Still no solution for the ungroomable animals other than a separate pen for a week or more.

Still no solution for the ungroomable animals other than a separate pen for a week or more.

maybe its supposed to be harder to have them that's why you cant groom em?

well Desease means your over crowded, so brush them and seperate them, if your deed is belove 15% then cull your beasts,

Alchemy needs some love like people say but not to go around patches implemented recently

also for those against it. its not like it would be easy or magical fix. if you cure said animal from disease but its still in an overcrowded area it would just get diseased over again. it doesn't necessarily fix the disease problem. could simply cure said animal and then move it to an uncrowded area to keep it from getting sick again. also for when you find a really cool animal in the wild but its diseased. then you could take it home, cure it, and have a brand new pet in your uncrowded deed.

-snip-

Humid drizzle is an area of effect spell that tends to (i.e. grooms) all animals in a radius of 4 tiles in every direction around the tile it is cast on. It also cures diseased animals.

So its 9x9 (centre + 4 each way) , So thats 81 tiles.

+1 to OP, I don`t see why players who don`t have money for a deed or a fo priest Need to be heavily limited like it currently is. If Your a noob starting out why must your 2 horses die just cause you don`t have money?

Edited by axeblade346
  • Like 1