Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Creatures Not Entering Deed, Plus Bugfixes

HAhahaha really? That is why you are upset? That is why you are quitting? You can no longer have 345345 horses in a 5x5? Hahahah.

No wonder these animals are so hard to find sometimes.

What does one even need with that many horses? Some sort of personal achievement for seeing how many horses you can get into that small an area?

• Like 1

wurm201303271837_zps29e22f7c.jpg

Thanks again rolf, there is half or slight more of my fun of the game lately dead on the ground ( not including my other deed and the half of its animals dead that I posted earlier ). I take this nerf as not a nerf but a golf club to the head I'm sorry rolf but you killed to much of my fun and I'm the 1% of 1% affected by the change that is going to sell off his accounts so I won't be paying any more money. Maybe the person who buys my accounts will, if no one buys I wont be back my deeds and will slowly decay away.

As a what they call hoarder I found the sight disturbing that you pile up that many creatures in such small pen. If this is real life it is animals abuse. I keep a single animal inside two tiles, never less, and even that I found to be too small for my horses. I decided to give a pair of them 2x2 or 3x2 each.

As a what they call hoarder I found the sight disturbing that you pile up that many creatures in such small pen. If this is real life it is animals abuse. I keep a single animal inside two tiles, never less, and even that I found to be too small for my horses. I decided to give a pair of them 2x2 or 3x2 each.

Someone call PETA on this...

Thanks again rolf, there is half or slight more of my fun of the game lately dead on the ground ( not including my other deed and the half of its animals dead that I posted earlier ). I take this nerf as not a nerf but a golf club to the head I'm sorry rolf but you killed to much of my fun and I'm the 1% of 1% affected by the change that is going to sell off his accounts so I won't be paying any more money. Maybe the person who buys my accounts will, if no one buys I wont be back my deeds and will slowly decay away.

Reason why the patch came, having 50 horses+ for 1 person..

Id like to say there has ALWAY's been stuff to hunt, donno bout other server but on exodus past year ive been here, There has ALWAYS been aggros. even with the meat deeds etc. I have never went out hunting and found 0 aggros Generally I killed 60-200 aggros per trip each week, all depended on time, needless to say I traveled to hunt, searching all caves, cracks and hiding places. Seems to me those who complain templasrs steal fs , are too damn lazy to go traveling to hunt instead they want it piled up by there homes. I say let Templars keep killin them. The whole damn point of hunting is to find and hunt your pray, Not let it build up outside ur home n bam easy fs. As for the animal ratio +1 rolf best damn idea in the world, Fella postin the pics off all the animals he killed, you sir are a moron and there is no need at all for that many animals, Obviouslly your not selling them, if you play the game normal 10-20 animals is all u need to grind AH up, stock pile leather etc. I swear some people in the community I wanna take a plank and smack some common sence into them. /rant off.

Edited by fatboy
  • Like 1

Id like to say there has ALWAY's been stuff to hunt, donno bout other server but on exodus past year ive been here, There has ALWAYS been aggros. even with the meat deeds etc. I have never went out hunting and found 0 aggros Generally I killed 60-200 aggros per trip each week, all depended on time, needless to say I traveled to hunt, searching all caves, cracks and hiding places. Seems to me those who complain templasrs steal fs , are too damn lazy to go traveling to hunt instead they want it piled up by there homes. I say let Templars keep killin them. The whole damn point of hunting is to find and hunt your pray, Not let it build up outside ur home n bam easy fs. As for the animal ratio +1 rolf best damn idea in the world, Fella postin the pics off all the animals he killed, you sir are a moron and there is no need at all for that many animals, Obviouslly your not selling them, if you play the game normal 10-20 animals is all u need to grind AH up, stock pile leather etc. I swear some people in the community I wanna take a plank and smack some common sence into them. /rant off.

It isn't that there aren't creatures out there. Yes they are out there. But when I run around and hit up desserts & steppe and see 20 animals for a multi thousand tile area it doesn't feel worth it to travel an hour+ to get there. Even just wandering through the woods I've come across spiders and maybe an occasional other animal. 3 hours of running around and 20 critters? Ack. I'd like to see that # higher. Which is why I love the update.

Huh? "the whole damn point of hunting is to find and hunt your pray, not let it build up outside your home n bam easy fs"....how the heck is it easy fs if its already dead?!

ps....you live on Exodus...dont talk as if every server is the same as that. Ive walked the south to north road of Deli many, many times and not seen 1 aggro........until now \o/

Edited by Lolly1
  • Like 1

is that this deed before?

68ec6.png

In the live picture, look how many animals you have per 2 tile pen and then tell me that you really think that is reasonable. In a lot of these 2x1 pens I see two hellhorses. In that picture I have counted 89 live hellhorses and one dead one. I counted the tiles, if Im not mistaken, I count 99 tiles for these hellhorses to live on. That is very close to a 1tile/1animal ratio. That is just the picture; apparantly you had a huge pile of cows somewhere, AND you claim to have another deed where you had to slaughter a lot of animals.

I'm all for letting people play how they like but expecting that to work is outright unreasonable. Especially if you consider before this update, the desired tile per animal ratio was already 4 tiles to 1 animal. You avoided this by putting them in tiny pens to prevent them from moving ontop of each other. You could have kept these animals, but you would have had to make your deed a lot larger to maintain a good ratio. If that's not worth it to you then meh, what can i say..

• Like 8

I don't even agree with that premise, one shouldn't be able to "play the game how you like" if it hogs server resources that should be there for all. Nothing is (was) more infuriating than not being able to find even a basic spawn horse because they're all pointlessly penned away in someone's settlement. I like the direction these changes are heading.

is that this deed before?

68ec6.png

In the live picture, look how many animals you have per 2 tile pen and then tell me that you really think that is reasonable. In a lot of these 2x1 pens I see two hellhorses. In that picture I have counted 89 live hellhorses and one dead one. I counted the tiles, if Im not mistaken, I count 99 tiles for these hellhorses to live on. That is very close to a 1tile/1animal ratio. That is just the picture; apparantly you had a huge pile of cows somewhere, AND you claim to have another deed where you had to slaughter a lot of animals.

I'm all for letting people play how they like but expecting that to work is outright unreasonable. Especially if you consider before this update, the desired tile per animal ratio was already 4 tiles to 1 animal. You avoided this by putting them in tiny pens to prevent them from moving ontop of each other. You could have kept these animals, but you would have had to make your deed a lot larger to maintain a good ratio. If that's not worth it to you then meh, what can i say..

Actually he had a Fo and with a low level Fo it was very easy to maintain massive amounts before the patch just by casting.

The new changes of 15 to 1 deeded tiles make sure you cannot cram 100+ animals in a tiny deed and just cast on them all.

I still think Fo's will have an easy time of it with out much grooming just from that low level spell that tends to everything.

AH was only 40-41 easily done in 2 months with 10 animals.

Edited by Protunia

I believe you still able to brush your horses to avoid the disease. I used to bring my grooming brush when I know I will be away from deed for a few days with my pair of horses. Nothing major happening here, my hellhorses were fine even that I left them for a day out of deed with 3-4 in 3x2 pens :P . And remember that disease don't kill instantly.

@Void: knock the hostility, I don't even see you with tons of animals and you can see cat's animals are just fine ;) .

The whole thing is tricky indeed but it is unlikely that the devs can test these updates (impact wise) in test server so atm we are the test subjects.

Think of it we have more terrible options

like having wurm act like other mmos where players' animals are so limited

or

No optimization of animals and items made and so one day the whole wurm 1.0 become obsolete as everyone will use low setting PLUS database overload.

or

The outrageous low cap based on AH for everyone as proposed on the 'penning feedback' thread.

I though it was all of us that screams that wurm need optimization, the irc log rolf shows it just one of it (I still hold my opinion that fps lag and monsters pop aren't a valid argument on that pictures). While I would like it be done on how to render graphics optimization, I have no knowledge or access to the codes to know how to optimize it. What I can do is just express my dislike when something impact me, then step back a bit observe and report what I find and if many got the same impact then I have faith they will reconsider it.

I dislike if people make changes that seem to be made by someone who didn´t thought more than an hour about it.

But well, wasted time anyway, enjoy the fawning, i will take care for my own business.

Well, beeing diseased by the arbitrariness of hypethral changes basically is my buisness, but i guess thats only my imagines, if shadow dont get a disease, no one can get one.

I guess the clay and dirt i was digging infested my 2 times yesterday, not the spiders that attacked me.

Anyway, no need to wreck my nerves by rolfs minions.

o/

Edited by Void
  • Like 1

I don't have guards and can't test this. I'm not in favor of, "spirit guards should not usually hunt them".

The proper way is like this:

1. Animals/mobs will not pathfind onto deed tiles while not chasing other players. In other words, when not pursuing a player they will not go onto a deed.

2. Mobs will not target players on deeded tiles.

3. Mobs will follow players onto deeds if they had targeted said player outside, (assuming 2 works this is the only way mob will follow).

Lastly, this should only apply to deeds with guards.

Your suggestion here seems reasonable but if aggros will not target players on deed tiles nor enter deed tiles then I would conclude that this would indeed eliminate the need to hire Spirit Templars to protect deeds. As it is now the only time I will hire Spirit Templars is if I am building a new deed to protect me (alts) while I am enclosing the deed with fencing to keep them from entering the deed tile area.

Now yesterday I was working with my alt on a new deed and a spider was a few tiles away from the deed tile border. The spider did not enter the deed tiles until I walked a few tiles away from it, being still on the deed tiles, and then it aggroed onto me and entered the deed. So as it is now the new aggro AI mechanic that prevents them from wandering onto deeds seems to be working pretty well in the above instance. This will also still encourage players to hire Spirit Templars to protect them on deeds, since aggros can aggro onto them from a few tiles away from the deed tile borders; so may be best to just refine it a bit to make sure it continues to function in this manner.

=Ayes=

Lets not, this feature is not well implemented on Tower Guards let alone paid deed guards. I have on countless times ran up to a towerguard and shouted for assistance and have them ignore me, letting me die.

That might be because you don't have to be close to a guard to call for help but close to the tower.

I dislike if people make changes that seem to be made by someone who didn´t thought more than an hour about it.

But well, wasted time anyway, enjoy the fawning, i will take care for my own business.

Well, beeing diseased by the arbitrariness of hypethral changes basically is my buisness, but i guess thats only my imagines, if shadow dont get a disease, no one can get one.

I guess the clay and dirt i was digging infested my 2 times yesterday, not the spiders that attacked me.

Anyway, no need to wreck my nerves by rolfs minions.

o/

Woah WOah WOAH im a volunteer im no minion,

all im saying is if you take the time to take care of your horse he wont get a desease, while hunting all you need to do is keep moving and or brush your horse man

The only ones that i have seen going crazy about this change are people who dont understand whats going on, people who were horders, and someone that got unlucky and got deseased which would have happened anyways

Don't change it now its working fine. you can still get meat if you want too and they dont come on deed.

Don't change it now its working fine. you can still get meat if you want too and they dont come on deed.

I know right?! i went on a trip and actually got a full inventory without spending all day out there

meh some1 has to be a minion around here. i'll be rolfs minion. Considering we bumped heads a few times already. I will defend these changes and those that don't like them well, tough luck. Games headed in a better direction and changes like these HAVE to be done in order to keep the servers from going 5-10k over caps. I got my animals, I got a pair of each some bit more then others, my ratio says 39%/15 id say im doing just fine! I honestly see 0 need for 50 -400 animals on deeds. You don't use all those animals, you certainly are not selling them. you are stock piling them, Now you cant mass pile them up, Now noobs can actually go find wild animals. So again I do say +1 to the updates. your pal-----the minion of the hell portal of doom.

• Like 2

I got my animals, I got a pair of each some bit more then others

You don't use all those animals, you certainly are not selling them. you are stock piling them

So basically

"I have what I want, anyone else can get ######"

So basically

"I have what I want, anyone else can get ######"

I may be wrong, but wasnt it exactly that what the Hoarders thought until now....?

"I have my Animals, if you dont find wild ones its not my problem"

I may be wrong, but wasnt it exactly that what the Hoarders thought until now....?

"I have my Animals, if you dont find wild ones its not my problem"

Exactly my point. :P. Saying that someone doesn't need 50 animals but then say that you have a pair of every animal already...

OK guys its simple this was implemented to make it so people cannot exploit the 15 tiles per animals by making a huge off deed ranch, it was set so anyone breeding off deed is more likely to get sick or miscarriage, in other words its another perk for deed owners, and means that non prem can only have a few animals (which makes sense since they cant even ride the things)

I dont see why everyone is freaking out lol i opened wurm, saw the changes and got on forums just to see how many people misinterpreted it and this just made me laugh

I have a deed and keep loosing horses from miscarriage twice now lost 5 speeds. Bug or is this the way its supposed to be?

This change is not working on Maple Island my neighbors guard is going off constantly since the update but that is nothing new he has been doing it for months now.

Woah WOah WOAH im a volunteer im no minion,

all im saying is if you take the time to take care of your horse he wont get a desease, while hunting all you need to do is keep moving and or brush your horse man

The only ones that i have seen going crazy about this change are people who dont understand whats going on, people who were horders, and someone that got unlucky and got deseased which would have happened anyways

Whoa... Rolf has minions?

I have a deed and keep loosing horses from miscarriage twice now lost 5 speeds. Bug or is this the way its supposed to be?

Depends on what your ratio is. You can see it on the token under village info.

Whoa... Rolf has minions?

According to that one guy since my animals havent died offf from desease im a minion or something..

Sign in to follow this