Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Creatures Not Entering Deed, Plus Bugfixes

It should be guard = animal repellent no guard = animals free to roam. Your right on that hula. Then again your talking wurm logic....

Edited by haslador

Creatures should now properly avoid entering deeds and spirit guards should not usually hunt them either unless they bash

Awesome! Rolf is making us hunters very happy lately! :)

• Like 4

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Xallo that was for you but appearantly there are too many awesome people here today

With the spirit templar thing I think rolf missed the 'outside' part and throw people to tantrum before he fix it.

The creature ratio outside of deeds is always considered to be 10 which means more miscarriage and disease

Was though this is the size/15 earlier but now I understand it is ratio, the thing that means you are doing bad when it reach below 15.

Checked my 48 hellhorses and they seems fine but again I decide to cull them, this time because they starts to be unmanageable food and breeding wise.

Honestly while I'm not overly excited, I'm good about the recent updates. Mostly glad that it is not extreme nerf like what was done for champ animals for 1-2 days.

Thanks to be more considerate!

Edited by rosedragon

you also have to remember, outside tile to animal is relatively different , there are a ton of tiles :D so they tile to animal would be hard to reach, especially if we hunters go around hunting like we usually do

you also have to remember, outside tile to animal is relatively different , there are a ton of tiles :D so they tile to animal would be hard to reach, especially if we hunters go around hunting like we usually do

The way i read it it is always kept at 10 regardless of how the actual numbers are there can be one animal off deed in all the server and it would be at 10. Edited by Kegan

The way i read it it is always kept at 10 regardless of how the actual numbers are there can be one animal off deed in all the server and it would be at 10.

Could be right XD i might be over analyzing it

Really enjoying these recent patches since hunting is actually fun again. Although it has seemed to have turn against the favor of breeders now. Will this make 5 speed horses more expensive?

Also with this increase creature count will this affect server stability? Lastly instead of new things being added to Wurm how about some optimization first.

Really enjoying these recent patches since hunting is actually fun again. Although it has seemed to have turn against the favor of breeders now. Will this make 5 speed horses more expensive?

Also with this increase creature count will this affect server stability? Lastly instead of new things being added to Wurm how about some optimization first.

nope breeders have money so they can afford a larger deed, i have over 15 ratio so i can care for my animals just fine, this will just stop people who breed and dont Cull like your suppose to, if you dont cull you can give away but usually people want it delivered

Again, i'd like to stress out that the breeding nerf has little to nothing to do with hunting improvements, its all about those 10 000 extra animals available now.

nope breeders have money so they can afford a larger deed, i have over 15 ratio so i can care for my animals just fine, this will just stop people who breed and dont Cull like your suppose to, if you dont cull you can give away but usually people want it delivered

What, there's some sort of government funding for breeders?

Edited by ReaverKane

*shrugs* idk how i got my money for my large deed, its a wonder really, but people usually are friendly to breeders, even if you have mediocre horses

and reaver , mobs avoiding deed = plentiful hunting

It's natural that animals in the wild are diseased and in generally worse shape than those domesticated.

I see you raging in multiple threads. Have you observed any "hitched animals getting ill in no time" and such, or those are only your prophecies?

My "prophecies" lead to todays patch, which fixes most of the points i pointed out. Not in the best way, since IMHO the whole system is flawed, but if i hadn't pointed them out, they'd still remain to be fixed, so you might want to rethink your "raging" and maybe stop being one of the Rolf is always right fan club.

Animals still step on deed and get killed by templars. I assume the system is still a bit buggy?

Animals still step on deed and get killed by templars. I assume the system is still a bit buggy?

were they lured in? and maybe its just implemented so bugs are natural

My suggestion on Templars:

SIMPLE SOLUTION: Just make Templars work like tower guards with respect to wildlife (both aggro and non-aggro). Templars do not kill unless called upon to kill. But unlike tower guards, they only respond to members of the deed. This would still provide noobs with templar protection without the guards killing all the wildlife - the players would just have to shout templars! instead of guards!

Lets not, this feature is not well implemented on Tower Guards let alone paid deed guards. I have on countless times ran up to a towerguard and shouted for assistance and have them ignore me, letting me die.

• Like 1

My "prophecies" lead to todays patch, which fixes most of the points i pointed out. Not in the best way, since IMHO the whole system is flawed, but if i hadn't pointed them out, they'd still remain to be fixed, so you might want to rethink your "raging" and maybe stop being one of the Rolf is always right fan club.

In your post you warned that leaving animals off-deed will make them diseased in "no time". I just wanted to classify this information - is this observed fact or gloomy prediction.

I am sure some might once in awhile but...its very far inbetween.

Used to be 3-6 mins they kill something now it once in the last 2 hours. and there are 4 deeds around me.

So its fixed.

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Xallo that was for you but appearantly there are too many awesome people here today

Stop being so positive!

• Creatures should now properly avoid entering deeds and spirit guards should not usually hunt them outside either unless they bash

I don't have guards and can't test this. I'm not in favor of, "spirit guards should not usually hunt them".

The proper way is like this:

1. Animals/mobs will not pathfind onto deed tiles while not chasing other players. In other words, when not pursuing a player they will not go onto a deed.

2. Mobs will not target players on deeded tiles.

3. Mobs will follow players onto deeds if they had targeted said player outside, (assuming 2 works this is the only way mob will follow).

Lastly, this should only apply to deeds with guards.

In your post you warned that leaving animals off-deed will make them diseased in "no time". I just wanted to classify this information - is this observed fact or gloomy prediction.

Well, think about it this way, you now have extra disease chance off-deed all the time, so do the math. I haven't logged in yet today, haven't been on much lately, real life catching up.

Edited by ReaverKane

You know how Wurm patches get fixed and repatched and refixed ;) So IMHO no need to get passionate and ruin your nerves before any real damage...

dont_panic.jpg

A couple of years ago when I first started playing, animal AI worked a bit differently than it does now. Hostiles would generally avoid wandering onto deeds on their own... every now and then one would, but it was more rare.

If you were being chased by a hostile and ran on-deed, the animal would stop at the deed border. After a few minutes they "might" wander onto the deed or they might wander away from it, it was pretty random. I can't remember when it changed to people being able to easily kite hostiles on-deed, but these patch notes sound like maybe Rolf is trying to revert it back to that original AI.

Its just a great example of how not to develop games, since the new changes to plug previous holes have nasty consequences - I'm thinking people coming back home diseased with a diseased mount after hunting for a while. And some of the previous issues still stand (people can lead animals into your deed to grief, deed size is unrelated to how many people are using the horses on the deed, or how much space you devote to breeding).

Exactly.

Everyone who thought about it for maybe an hour would have realized that.

Unfortunatly Rolf don´t think much theese days.

Edited by Void
  • Like 1

Rolf has allowed more community involvement with these recent changes than I've ever seen before in Wurm. Great job, really enjoy seeing all these recent patch notes. Even the less popular ones (some of which I objected to myself) I can live with considering they will be tweaked and are eventually for the good of the game.

I think breeding especially will need lots of tweaking.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this