Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Creatures Not Entering Deed, Plus Bugfixes

• Creatures should now properly avoid entering deeds and spirit guards should not usually hunt them outside either unless they bash

View the tumblr article

not sure if you canceled this or it just doesn't work but the meat farms i know are still in full operation

some creatures, mostly non aggro ones ironically seem to be avoiding deed walking but others are the same as before and will storm onto a deed and be slaughtered by the templars if present. perhaps with the exception of Enemy players (which should always be attacked by templars the moment they step on deed and any on deed tower's guards should follow suit.) we should just go ahead and use the Scream & Shout method on the Templars as well

They do avoid entering them, but not always.

They stop and sit there for awhile then walk across and trigger combat or turn around and go somewhere else.

If the deeds are packed together eventually they will trigger combat somewhere.

Edited by Protunia

They do avoid entering them, but not always.

They stop and sit there for awhile then walk across and trigger combat or turn around and go somewhere else.

If the deeds are packed together eventually they will trigger combat somewhere.

http://imageshack.us/a/img213/106/wurm201305041334.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img46/6939/wurm2013050413341.jpg

taken yesterday for a deed that has no other deed within 30+ tiles, a deed that after the patch was clear of corpses, and yes this meat farm is not in use by the owner

Won't be much of a meat-farm. Because the animals don't regularly get killed by the guards anymore (despite what you say) there are tons more starving animals around now. No meat on them - and no new spawning *with* meat until the starving finaly step onto some deed or get killed by hunters. It is as Protunia says. (And that a deserted deed still gets pile-ups over time... yes, of course. A few a day, or maybe an hour since the critter-count got so much intensified, are still a fair number in over a week. That will only disappear when corpses decay within shorter time... It does not mean by far most animals did not evade that deed.)

Edited by Kianga

Won't be much of a meat-farm. Because the animals don't regularly get killed by the guards anymore (despite what you say) there are tons more starving animals around now. No meat on them - and no new spawning *with* meat until the starving finaly step onto some deed or get killed by hunters. It is as Protunia says. (And that a deserted deed still gets pile-ups over time... yes, of course. A few a day, or maybe an hour since the critter-count got so much intensified, are still a fair number in over a week. That will only disappear when corpses decay within shorter time... It does not mean by far most animals did not evade that deed.)

i was the one who buthered these corpses and yes they all had meat on them(but i will agree that there are more starving animals out there), the pint is "Creatures should now properly avoid entering deeds", i understand that some may have followed people on this deed but when no one is in local, and you get 4 messages an hour form tmeplars killing things.....and guards now kill more then before Edited by Deth666

The creatures pick a route between start and end point. sometimes there is a deed in between these two points.

the end point of the chosen route is simply not on deeded tiles, but when they cross a deed tile with an active spirit templar...

The creatures pick a route between start and end point. sometimes there is a deed in between these two points.

the end point of the chosen route is simply not on deeded tiles, but when they cross a deed tile with an active spirit templar...

this seems about right. If we forbade them from crossing deed tiles to reach the non deed end point we would likely result is mass animal trapping or bottlenecks.

"Creatures should now properly avoid entering deeds" is it the word Void that you don't understand, or is it just a tranlation mistake?

"Creatures should now properly avoid entering deeds" is it the word Void that you don't understand, or is it just a tranlation mistake?

Actually properly is the word you are looking to define.

Properly doesn't mean never.

Properly is what ever Rolf wants it to be.

Also he did not say stay off or avoid deeded tiles forever.

Edited by Protunia

Actually properly is the word you are looking to define.

Properly doesn't mean never.

Properly is what ever Rolf wants it to be.

Also he did not say stay off or avoid deeded tiles forever.

no the phrase you looking for is "properly avoid entering" that should mean almost never, but the key word here is "entering" not properly

Edited by Deth666

I really like that my Deed is finally clean and no Animal Graveyard.

+1

I have a tile outside my walls so that if anyone is in trouble they can lead it on deed and get some help, but other than that, the last guard tile is simply to prevent/interupt troll bashing before it occurs and the like.

I had a deed on Exo once and it was no fun carrying away 150 corpses nearly everyday up the mountain to feed what mobs were left. It's much tidier now, just watched a spider prance along the edge of my deed and wander off. n.n

Sign in to follow this