Sign in to follow this  
Trooper

Transporting Animals - A Possible Solution

Firstly i know this has been done quite a few times, I'm not suggesting it as a new idea. I am suggesting a possible solution to it. We all know that alot of people want an easier way of moving animals around, it would make trading them alot easier, get whichever animals to the islands without having to lead and swim them out there. I had a search through the forums and as far as i can tell nobody has proposed this as a solution.

Anyways, Animal Crates and Cages.

Now i don't mean a one size fits all magic box, but a few different sizes. Crates for none hostiles and cages for the aggressive creatures. Crates would be made from wooden planks + nails and cages from metal bars and ribbons. Possibly with the option to put a lock on it. Poultry crates for the birds, pig crates for dogs/pigs, livestock crates for horses/bison/cows/deer, bear cages for bears/bugs, etc. I think you guys get the idea from there.

To get the animal into the crate/cage you would do the same thing you do to hitch them to carts.

This would allow the loading of animals onto boats as well, as you get the animal into the crate/cage and then load that onto the boat. Obviously theres a few things that would need to be done to stop this from being exploited. Put a high decay on the animals in the crates to stop someone from 'stockpiling' the animals, make it so that the larger crates and cages can't be put into the smaller boats or the carts, plus a few others i can think of.

Thoughts? Problems?

• Like 1

Could cause problems when trying to transport via ship across servers when a server is at its cap.

I would rather see a new ship model for this. Some type of animal barge that is not allowed to cross servers. It really sucks to live on an island and not be able to bring Bison there as i found out a couple weeks ago.

+1 sure why not including cross server

+1 to transporting animals across water in some form, not only islands suffer, but also a great many deeds isolated by mountains and other terrain

As long as it is not across server +1

Don't want to mess with animal ratio/caps what have you.

Personally I like Ronnie's suggestion of a way to transport animals a bit more, but a way to transport animals in ships still gets an upvote from me.

Edited by Laiwyn

Lead -> Right click boat -> board passenger.

The animal can attach to a passenger slot, cost of convenience / trade off.