Sign in to follow this  
Phyko

Tamed Hostiles Attacking Untamed Hostils In Pens

I had this problem a couple of time setting up a bearfarm,

if i walk past a pen with a hostile animal in it my tamed animal sometimes goes and attacks it wich already cost me a dog and a bear :/ would be cool if that could be fixed :)

it is not a bug, it is the risk of trying to breed hostiles. Get a fo priest with 60faith 35 favor and it won't be a problem or have a friend helping you holding the other animal for you.

there is nothing to fix agros will attack pets that's how it works

If I understand it right, the pet is attacking and running into the pen to do it? That shouldn't happen.

I've had agros attack me through fences before too. Really weird, happened when I was embarked on a cart. Assume this is the same bug.

If I understand it right, the pet is attacking and running into the pen to do it? That shouldn't happen.

yes they run into pens - and/or attack through fences ... that has nothing to do with pets attacking aggros , which is fine for me :=)

but i dont see my bear being able to stand up , unlock my fencegate and then open it and attack the other pet

and i dont see my bear being able to attack over a wall and i cant ...

+1

So lets reword the Bug.

Bug: Tamed Animals attack thru gates / fences,

How it should work: A Fence should block them from attacking.

Tested by: Phyko

Confirmed by: Alyeska & Axeblade

Last known test: 29 March 2013 9:07 (GMT+2)

Conditions of last test: Tame dog in a locked pen attack troll.

Is there more info on this. I lost a dog to a hell horse and he went tough at least two stone walls to get to the horse.

Edited by Lupe

Actually its the other way around... hostiles attack tamed animals. In general always keep tamed separated from reds unless the attack is desired.

Its age-old behavior in Wurm. Lead a tamed animal around and you will see reds aggroing unto the pet.

Also when breeding reds, its advisable to keep the mother untamed or she will fight the child.

EDIT: Some critters will walk through unlocked gates now. Ive seen goblins in particular do this since Rolf added that particular feature. No idea how many Reds are capable, one would assume humanoids or rather anything possessing problem-solving abilities (and opposable thumbs).

Edited by Klaa