Sign in to follow this  
Thiek

Big Thanks For The Animal Spawn Update

I don't agree.

Best update ever.

and if you want the numbers to stay high butcher and bury your kills and clean up what your templars pop.

• Like 2

I love this update. Now you can finally see some wildlife again. Also makes for some interesting times while hunting.

• Like 1

Wow. Hot topic. :lol:

Glad most of the comments agree. :D

I would have to say I do also lag a bit more. Like Sparkytaco. But a couple of settings lowered has it still has it playable for me.

With something as sandboxxy and uncontrolled as Wurm is, it's impossible to satisfy everyone. Someone somewhere will be put into a bad situation somehow. This can only result in the whole thing being watered down.

A sandbox where nobody is hurt by a mistake and where no surprises happen.

It's the future. Sandbox on rails.

What made me think of this? All the updates. So many of them over the years. It's too complex to ensure that every player has an awesome experience without strictly controlling everything to protect them.

For most people it won't matter, I suppose. But the diehards won't like it. It'll be too safe for them.

Edited by Lightonfoot

Laggy? say what? ive had no problems with lag since the update.

But yep, love love loveeeeeeeeeee the update...and those that are saying its bad now, just wait till you become a skilled fighter or one trying to skill up, then you will be thanking Rolf for this change instead of badmouthing it.

I agree. Not everybody wants to fight all the time.

It doesnt matter if you want to fight or collect animals. Soon both will be impossible becuase the caps aren't at all split.

and if you want the numbers to stay high butcher and bury your kills and clean up what your templars pop.

Corpses don't add to the animal cap.

I always thought there was a clear separation between aggro and non aggro? A budget for each if you will, that stayed stable. If this isn't the case this must be a recent change bug?

Thanks for making me lag harder, thanks rolf

I've had no extra lag since the update stop playing work on a typewriter.

No extra lag for me either.

Great update even for us newbs with low FS lol.

+!

• Like 1

I saw a Wild Deer the other day. I was so fascinated with it, never saw one without a fence around it before o.o

• Like 2

I saw a Wild Deer the other day. I was so fascinated with it, never saw one without a fence around it before o.o

Same. Been playin 2 months and have almost seen all the creatures I wanted too just because of the update.. Still havent seen a Living goblin yet. But from what I hear. I'm not missin much. As there sound is bugged. So I hear.

But ran into my first Lava Fiend. Scary :o

Still so thankful for these updates. :D

Edited by Thiek

Been a long time since I seen this many animals around. (besides new server openings) Love it!! Always something lurking around. Good and bad. Thanks for the great update!!

• Like 1

Not too happy, but I do think this is very good :P I started playing wurm to NOT have heartattacks, but of course that never worked out in the first place :lol:

• Like 1

Yes, thank you for the animal cap increase. I actually have several animals now I hadn't seen in a long while. A deer, a pheasant, and a rooster :D

Haven't seen any deer or unis in my area since about June of last year, when a friend was going around slaughtering everything in sight for FS, and let me take all the bodies to butcher and such.

Things still seem good right now I don't know how many are being grabbed up and at what pace.

Well see how it goes..in time.

Loving the mobs and the spawns though just like old times.

• Like 2

A little harder to find non-aggro mobs now. Since the update.

Never got my pair of Pheasants, or a Rooster, and all the wild ones die fast. :blink:

But still enjoying it all. :D

Would hate to be just starting out. But it's a good way to cap the noobs.

Agro numbers seem to have dropped off to where they were before the increase. Got a couple of good sized unicorn herds. They seem to like fences though. Other than that right now not much difference than before.

since that spawn Change i still see roosters and wild horses from time to time which is awesome, cause it means it works out better then we could hope for ;) but one should not Forget that animals tend to spawn outside villages and where those are Close to each other you wont ever see many spawns anyway :o

• Like 1

It is still working on Celebration too the only down side is all the packed tiles they are leaving all over the place. 

a kinda downside is also that smaller Servers seem to have the same Population as Independence :P which means as newbie on pristine its like beeing cannon fodder