Sign in to follow this  
Thiek

Big Thanks For The Animal Spawn Update

Just what the title says. I want to say thank you for the animal spawn update. So many animals everywhere. For me way more realistic.

I only started less than 2 months ago. Love the game. Love it more now. Even though I have to run away all the time and have died hunting new pets twice. This still makes it more fun and gives more of a reason to leave the deed that I live on.

Plus I have 3 new chickens, 2 new cows, 2 new pheasants, a deer, a dog, and 2 new pigs.

Thanks Much :D;)

Edited by Thiek
  • Like 13

Yes, thank you very much for the changes made to the Freedom servers. Has made hunting feel more like hunting instead of hide and seek. :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the Animal Spawn update to, its alot better now

• Like 1

+1 from me too. I had a great day hunting and chasing down new animals for the farm. Really great update.

• Like 1

Been having a lot of fun with this update as well! It's nice to finally see things like pigs and pheasants around.

• Like 1

meh.

why increase it for servers that didnt even need it in the first place? its just a big clusterf- of spiders, hell hounds, scorps and trolls.

• Like 2

It's great!

I hope it stays this way. :)

• Like 2

Referring to epic server.

I think this update was good for most part... kicker is most horses now after traiteed are going to super rare if there even sold now. And then if a new players gets a mount there just going to get robbed. And you have to separate breeded animals by so many tiles on deed.

But for most part it will give people more of reason to expland land and not hide. Epic PVP.

For breeders its up to you at this point.

Good for PVP not For PVE.. thats just opinion tho.

LICEOMA

Is the animal count staying high? The graph appeared to be lowering yesterday for agros, as if it wasn't split :o

And you have to separate breeded animals by so many tiles on deed.

No you don't, you can place them near like normal and it will just be fine. Just don't have more animals than your cap. deed size / 15.

...well I live in a world of trouble now, I got a troll nest next to my deed, when i logged in today i had like 10-15 trolls on my deed roaming around and the guards weren't able to kill them, maybe the number of rare monsters should be decreased...

They aren't rare right next to the nest :D

...well I live in a world of trouble now, I got a troll nest next to my deed, when i logged in today i had like 10-15 trolls on my deed roaming around and the guards weren't able to kill them, maybe the number of rare monsters should be decreased...

Hire a couple of guards, and you should have no problem

Personally I hope it stays like this, or close. I hate not having any danger nowhere around me without walking 10 minutes out, and then not having to worry about respawns.

Now it feels more like a game, where I have to watch my back, and I can actually hunt when I desire. I just hope nobody keeps 10k animals now and they stop spawning again

• Like 1

+1 from me too. I had a great day hunting and chasing down new animals for the farm. Really great update.

Anyone taking bets on how long it takes to get to the 10k new farm animals? I of course plan to do the same because all of the small animals on Release died off shortly after release, despite there still being dangerously huge amounts of wild aggros, it was the horse ranchers that killed off the domestic spawns. More domestic mobs to farm is why I moved to Release, as there was no hope of ever having a pen of each domestic on indy. And I enjoy the risks of travel that wild mobs bring, sometimes even leave my guards off to bring back the noob experience much to the dismay of unlucky noobs passing thru. So my FSB will just be that much more stuffed with cooked meat for a rainy day to feed my expanded dog pack.

The deed ratio limit is easily worked around with perimeter and off-deed pens, pay for maintenance costs of fences and hope a troll does not bash. Or supporting the game and expanding your deed if you can. Even if a wild spawn happens in your pen, they do not aggro domestics, just means you know have a penned aggro to farm. So I predict the +10k will be consumed by farm animals, as hoarding rancher will see it a no brainer of little more risk for less silver for more animals than their deed allows.

Edited by yarnevk

+1

And here you can see at least on pristine that we went from 13k animals total to 23k.

Yes, the aggressive went from 13k after patch and has declined to 11k, but thats just templar clearning deeds

http://freedom002.game.wurmonline.com:8081/mrtg/creatures.html

If its declining that fast and not raising back up from mere Templar kills then this update is moot. Templar kills under a normail split cap should respawn as agros - if the agro cap is lowering but the nonagrocap is raising its not split properly... If the cap is not split its only a matter of time before this extra 10k is turned to 9k horses and 1k cows penned away...

• Like 1

The non-aggro animal spawn increase was a good and needed change. The *aggro* spawn increase was unnecessary and is now excessive overkill. This reminds me of shortly after Deliverance was created when the aggro spawn rate was boosted to out of control proportions as it currently is now. I predict that over time this constant harassment of aggro attacks on players venturing out from their deeds and protected areas will wear on players and they will tire of it, wishing it were once again reverted back to the *aggro* spawn rate before the change.

To combine the non-aggro increase with a corresponding *aggro* increase is a poor choice that was not needed in the first place. I am sure that the hunter types who go about armored up will have little problem with this increased *aggro* spawn rate but for the majority of the playerbase with poor fighting skills it will be more of a hinderance to enjoyable aspects of the game that have nothing to do with killing aggros. Bad change. Please reset *aggro* spawn rate back to proportion that it was at before this unnecessary *aggro* spawn increase. The non-aggro spawn increase would then remain as a positive enhancement to gameplay.

=Ayes=

• Like 1