Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

Make Animal Corpses Disappear Much Quicker

So with the new increased creature count, the FS-grinding, kill-mongers who are too lazy to bury their kills have scattered corpses all over creation. I don't know if respawn is tied somehow to whether the creatures body is buried or not (i.e. deleted from the database), but please make it where non-player corpses disappear within like 15 minutes or something. It's just pathetic seeing all these dead animals laying around everywhere.

• Like 2

Some people use their deed guards for meat and I would want at least a day on deed so as long as it was off deed only then sure.

Many people who grind FS also butcher with no intention to take the goods, just for the skill, so I say butchered corpses should either decay fast, or butchering should destroy the corpse entirely and just drop the goods on the ground, as butchered corpses are pretty much useless. But for unbutchered corpses I'm of the opinion that they should just stay until the meat rots, so a few days or so.

• Like 6

Many people who grind FS also butcher with no intention to take the goods, just for the skill, so I say butchered corpses should either decay fast, or butchering should destroy the corpse entirely and just drop the goods on the ground, as butchered corpses are pretty much useless. But for unbutchered corpses I'm of the opinion that they should just stay until the meat rots, so a few days or so.

Agree completely

If you don't like seeing animal corpses, bury them.

You can do a lot of stuff with corpses, having them magically disapear because you don't like looking at them or think they hurt animal count is not really something that should be implemented.

• Like 2

Okay, name one function of a butchered animal corpse, Radni

Happily.

They're good for catapulting :) nothing instills fear in the enemy english hearts like a dead cow flying over their walls. The French of the middle ages has shown that dead animals are perfect deterants of king Arthur's.

I shall quoteth the good people. YOUR MOTHER IS A HAMSTER, AND YOUR FATHER SMELLSNOF ELDERBERRIES! I BLOW MY NOSE IN YOUR GENERAL DIRECTION! -poof, dead animals fly-

You asked for a single reason, there you have it. BUT I am so wonderful, I will give you another.

Animal corpses are good for meat effigys of Magranon and Libila, which their priests and priestesses use to gain their gods blessing, FOR BLOOD AND GORE

There, two reasons :)

Edited by Radni
  • Like 1

Seems like they were changed recently. A corpse used to disappear within three days. Ive had a few dead horses on my deed for almost two weeks now.

Some people use their deed guards for meat and I would want at least a day on deed so as long as it was off deed only then sure.

Too many corpses results in frame rate loss and take up precious slots in the database. It should probably be nerfed for the greater good of everyone. But more seriously templars shouldn't even be used for automatically generating corpses to butcher. Anything killed primarily by a templar should come out too mangled to be butchered for anything useful. Then they'd still be good for protection and not be providing a meat factory service.

• Like 1

Exactly I want be able to logon when I wake up and before sleep to butcher and bury the creatures that are laying all over my deed, one of the only reasons why I got spirtguard so it can kill stuff for me while I can get hides, meats, and what ever else till I am able to get good armor and weapons to go hunting

Too many corpses results in frame rate loss and take up precious slots in the database. It should probably be nerfed for the greater good of everyone. But more seriously templars shouldn't even be used for automatically generating corpses to butcher. Anything killed primarily by a templar should come out too mangled to be butchered for anything useful. Then they'd still be good for protection and not be providing a meat factory service.

I don't need them I was just saying people use them for that my deed under the new system will hold 477 animals I will be fine for meat and leather with the breeding overflow.

-1 if you dont like em bury em.

If its not your deed then you have nothing to complain about.

Sorry, but they already disappear fairly quick out in the open.

I could see having butchered corpses a little faster

Edited by Protunia
  • Like 1

fantastic idea, big +1

But if that happens change it so people cant butcher other peoples kills for 5 mins, to give the hunter the chance to butcher himself unless in a group.

id like them to decay faster as well. butchered ones faster is even better as people who dont butcher leave a nice present for someone else who does butcher. i dont think it should be 15minutes though, that is way to fast. maybe 2-3days?

Well this Idea isn't needed anymore they don't go on deed.

Well this Idea isn't needed anymore they don't go on deed.

people still complain about corpses all over the steppe. friend of my lives next to one and sees a sea of dead animals lol

so its not just on deed corpses

I want this, I also want butchered items to disappear with the body when it decays or is buried. My home is so messy with corpses and animals bits :(

Edited by Duyu

Give better skill for burying them you might see people do it more.

As it is now you get hardly nothing ever.

Maybe more skill for unbutchered than butchered and speed up the butchered ones decay a bit.

or vice versa..doesn't matter really, but if you get no skill for it people won't do it.

Edited by Protunia

I think if animal parts and corpses decayed a lot faster, the server would run a lot faster.

I think if animal parts and corpses decayed a lot faster, the server would run a lot faster.

I think if you make templars less powerfull you'll have less corpses

Of course then people who need them would hire 2 templars which improves silver sales, which means Rolf will be able to afford better servers which means .....

the server would run a lot faster.

There's more than one way to skin a dead champion mountain lion

• Like 1

This

would be nice if they just popped, as if your butchering on sleep bonus your not gonna want to stop and bury things especial since it gives no desirable skill, if burying gave butchering skill well i would be all over that!

also can we put filets in FSB's yet?!?!

+1 to this idea. I have corpses littered all over my deed, especially on the desert side. I had to bury 93 scorpion corpses after the animal increase. It was ludicrous. I don't want to spend 30 minutes running around from corpse to corpse acting like some sort of gravedigger.