Sign in to follow this  
Aldur

What Exactly Will Happen If A Deed Has Ratio Of Around 5 Or Less?

No duuuuuuh what the hell you think im doing that was just one species i breed, like you know by now, form the other topic, im not liking this update that screws over paying customers, im just killing off the needed amount so I have some livestock to go along with my accounts and deeds incase i don't settle down and sell them off. I play latly to breed and I can't very well do that anymore and I was wanting to expand the species numbers but that wont and cant happen now if i dont disband my deed, no use to shrink it either it wouldnt protect most of the houses if i would. so it would be wasting money to protect much of nothing some farm fields? lol

You know what, I'm the exact opposite. I always felt sort of guilty before that maybe I had too many animals but now I know exactly how many my deed can support and it's great! A real, actual number to aim for. And I found out I had room for about twice as many animals as I thought.

I am much happier about this change than yet another disease nerf.

• Like 2

Well I'm on a PvP server so it was always a threat regardless if they're in village or not :P. Village just happens to be nice for managing permissions. And I've never played on any of the PvE servers but isn't that against the rules there?

Yeah but it happens anyway. Newer people might not know any better and seeing a field full of animals might be too tempting. :)

No duuuuuuh what the hell you think im doing that was just one species i breed, like you know by now, form the other topic, im not liking this update that screws over paying customers, im just killing off the needed amount so I have some livestock to go along with my accounts and deeds incase i don't settle down and sell them off. I play latly to breed and I can't very well do that anymore and I was wanting to expand the species numbers but that wont and cant happen now if i dont disband my deed, no use to shrink it either it wouldnt protect most of the houses if i would. so it would be wasting money to protect much of nothing some farm fields? lol

Frontier seems to be protecting a few thousand tiles of empty farmland ;) But if you are having this much trouble it must be a somewhat smaller sized deed. & yeah it does kinda suck but I wouldn't be surprised if the ratio was adjusted a bit. Maybe, maybe not. We shall see. But if your deed is turning into an animal festival...you'd think you'd start to spread some disease and have a hard time keeping em all going. Which is how it should be.... & with an 11x10 deed which is the smallest you can go without paying more then 1s a month you can have 32 animals. Not too bad for 1 person. Maybe a bit difficult for someone whose only interest is animals though. Build and enclosure attached to your place & throw the cows in there. Just going to have to keep it repaired. If you are a horse breeder...I would think that 32 animals would be enough?

Yeah but it happens anyway. Newer people might not know any better and seeing a field full of animals might be too tempting. :)

Frontier seems to be protecting a few thousand tiles of empty farmland ;) But if you are having this much trouble it must be a somewhat smaller sized deed. & yeah it does kinda suck but I wouldn't be surprised if the ratio was adjusted a bit. Maybe, maybe not. We shall see. But if your deed is turning into an animal festival...you'd think you'd start to spread some disease and have a hard time keeping em all going. Which is how it should be.... & with an 11x10 deed which is the smallest you can go without paying more then 1s a month you can have 32 animals. Not too bad for 1 person. Maybe a bit difficult for someone whose only interest is animals though. Build and enclosure attached to your place & throw the cows in there. Just going to have to keep it repaired. If you are a horse breeder...I would think that 32 animals would be enough?

32? uhhhh its like 8 for that size where are you getting 32?

5x5 = 8

I had no trouble keeping all my animals fed and disease free btw

And I found out I had room for about twice as many animals as I thought.

And on a server that wasn't having any animal population issues I find out that I have twice and many as I should. Maybe it should be tied to the server wild animal populations? I mean on the PvP servers where having more horses as well as bred combat pets is essential there's less problems with over breeding since they tend to get killed off from PvP.

5x5 = 8

can i see how you are calculating this? isnt an 11x11 deed 121 tiles divided by 15 almost 8

5x5 = 5 tiles west 1 tile middle since that is token placement and 5 east

then the same for north south 5x5 true form is 11x11

10x11 true form is 21x23

He was measuring by radius, whereas you thought he meant overall size. The overall size of a deed with no more than 1s upkeep is 23x21 (or 21x23), which equates to 483 tiles or 32 animals supported.

I don't think that the cap for animals is low enough, I have killed over 3/4 of the animals on my deed and still have only 13.1 ratio now a 15.1. My deed size is 27x33 tiles and I am down to 25 horses which have the 5 speed traits plus tough bugger and a few more. I have all the unicorn colors but less than 2 each which add up to 22 and a 9 colored deer. I have gotten rid of all the dogs but 3 and have 2 pigs. I also have 2 hell horses. I still have to get rid of more animals which is very tough. Apparently The agro animals in my mine under the deed don't count toward this even though it was said they did. I think the ratio should be lowered. I also have had no trouble with lag seeing a lot of animals. I did however have lag when the Impalong was going on. I I have seen an increase in the wild animals but that is going to make the newbies holler when they get killed every other time going out their door. I myself like this game because of the breeding and collecting and I know that other people like the game for the same, I have also known several friends that have quit because of the fiddling with the breeding and other things before. I have heard that the game engine or the programing needs to be fixed so that there is not any lag or crowding. I for one am very angry that just because some of the peoples computers cant keep up with the graphics and/or they cant step out their door and have something to kill at their feet instead of going out exploring to hunt, they whine and Rolf feels the easiest way is to nerf those of us that like to breed animals. I do not consider myself a hoarder. I did not have over 100 or more animals kept crowded in pens. Now I am either going to have to disband my deed and keep my animals in the same area so I wont be penalized or move a lot of them off deed. Please reconsider and find another way than making us kill most of our animals or the other options.

Edited by Crystl

I have killed over 3/4 of the animals on my deed

I am down to 25 horses

I have all the unicorn colors but less than 2 each which add up to 22

9 colored deer

I also have 2 hell horses.

I did not have over 100 or more animals kept crowded in pens.

25+22+9+2 = 58

58 is 1/4th of 232

None of this adds up to what you claim.

So you either had more than 100 animals or you did not kill 75%

I think you had more than 100 myself.

Edited by Protunia

I don't think that the cap for animals is low enough, I have killed over 3/4 of the animals on my deed and still have only 13.1 ratio now a 15.1. My deed size is 27x33 tiles and I am down to 25 horses which have the 5 speed traits plus tough bugger and a few more. I have all the unicorn colors but less than 2 each which add up to 22 and a 9 colored deer. I have gotten rid of all the dogs but 3 and have 2 pigs. I also have 2 hell horses. I still have to get rid of more animals which is very tough. Apparently The agro animals in my mine under the deed don't count toward this even though it was said they did. I think the ratio should be lowered. I also have had no trouble with lag seeing a lot of animals. I did however have lag when the Impalong was going on. I I have seen an increase in the wild animals but that is going to make the newbies holler when they get killed every other time going out their door. I myself like this game because of the breeding and collecting and I know that other people like the game for the same, I have also known several friends that have quit because of the fiddling with the breeding and other things before. I have heard that the game engine or the programing needs to be fixed so that there is not any lag or crowding. I for one am very angry that just because some of the peoples computers cant keep up with the graphics and/or they cant step out their door and have something to kill at their feet instead of going out exploring to hunt, they whine and Rolf feels the easiest way is to nerf those of us that like to breed animals. I do not consider myself a hoarder. I did not have over 100 or more animals kept crowded in pens. Now I am either going to have to disband my deed and keep my animals in the same area so I wont be penalized or move a lot of them off deed. Please reconsider and find another way than making us kill most of our animals or the other options.

Possible bug? or you got mine down there that you don't know been hoarding animals...

THis is another trouble.. what happen if there is a single tile of mine connected to nothing down there that filled up with tons of animals? is it possible?

This is what happens:

[11:27:00] Welcome back, Tryfaen! Elevation has been waiting for you.

[11:31:48] Aged fat Piedalia bleeds immensely due to miscarriage.

[11:31:48] Aged fat Piedalia is dead. R.I.P.

Yikes.

Why does miscarriage have to kill the mother? Can't it just make it not have a foal born and leave the mother alone? Added disease increase to that I'd think would be plenty enough...

• Like 1

Why does miscarriage have to kill the mother? Can't it just make it not have a foal born and leave the mother alone? Added disease increase to that I'd think would be plenty enough...

I had one miscarry it did not die was age, but my ratio is like 172.5 or something.

Edited by Protunia

I just hope the wild default ratio is like 5 to stop the likely workaround.

according to todays patch notes, the wild factor is 10, so it's still perfectly viable to keep animals in enclosures if you take care of them, but deeds give an advantage.