Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

More Creatures, Creature Deed Limits, And Changes To Elevation

As a pretty new player that patch is a nightmare. If I wasn't with a deed of someone by now I would never make it there, no chance to get anywhere on my own, usually I can make 3-5 tiles out of the perimeter before I have to run back. Stuff everywhere that attacks me, it is ridiculous.

And the templars are working like crazy trying to hold the barrage off. Not fun.

Yes I like seeing so many horses and cows and all that out there but ... for what if you can't breed them reasonably anyway with the limits and breeding gives bad traits, easier to go and take a wild one ... So I suggest some tweaking, right now the results are nuts in my opinion.

I disagree kegan, it just that this probably part of a bigger change.

Honestly I like how this change is small compared all the suggestions and anti suggestions on the penned animals thread. My 35x53 deed have more than enough for my current amount of critters yet I decide to kill 3/4 of them.. because I realize that I'm not actually need them. I have steady supply of leather more than what I can use.. got like 200 leathers. I can keep two pairs of 4 speeds and 6 pairs of 5 speeds, with many foals to replace them when they are sold. And I still can breed my champ crocs and if I want to seek the traits, then I could make a pair, kill the parents, and so on with maximal 5 crocs at a time.

I have to check my off deed hellhorses. One day I will deed them but that is not today :) .

• Like 1

you are alone Correct? I have a family of 5, some of us have 2 alt priests. 4 other non family. (some of them have 2 alt priests) IF each one of us wanted a cart, and 2 horses, that would be, 18 minimum (not counting alts) animals, My deed is smaller than yours, and because we have so many work animals, we're not allowed to have any fluff animals, I can't go capture a deer because it's cute, I cant get a lurking unicorn. I cant keep a dog. This effects, 9 people, if we want work animals, we can't breed without the extra work of disease protection, or hoping they don't misscarrage and die.

Also, I can't invite anybody else on my deed for sermons, because of the worry they might bring their single animals they were riding from who knows where, and ruin the ratio even worse.

Then an agro mob chases them on deed, changes the ratio just enough to make a horse miscarry. All because we wanted to gather players together for sermons something which isn't even breeding. Our blacksmiths can't lug 100's of kg of iron around because the horses need to be separate. Our loggers cant carry their logs, Our dirt diggers cant teraform. Not just one profession is affected.

• Like 3

you are alone Correct? I have a family of 5, some of us have 2 alt priests. 4 other non family. (some of them have 2 alt priests) IF each one of us wanted a cart, and 2 horses, that would be, 18 minimum (not counting alts) animals, My deed is smaller than yours, and because we have so many work animals, we're not allowed to have any fluff animals, I can't go capture a deer because it's cute, I cant get a lurking unicorn. I cant keep a dog. This effects, 9 people, if we want work animals, we can't breed without the extra work of disease protection, or hoping they don't misscarrage and die.

Also, I can't invite anybody else on my deed for sermons, because of the worry they might bring their single animals they were riding from who knows where, and ruin the ratio even worse.

Then an agro mob chases them on deed, changes the ratio just enough to make a horse miscarry. All because we wanted to gather players together for sermons something which isn't even breeding. Our blacksmiths can't lug 100's of kg of iron around because the horses need to be separate. Our loggers cant carry their logs, Our dirt diggers cant teraform. Not just one profession is affected.

Truthfully it sounds like you have too small of a deed for the amount of players you are talking about.

a 21x21 costs 1s 5c a month and can have 29 animals.

The minimum for a deed's upkeep is 1s.

I know you must have been making some coin along the way why such a small deed for all those 9 players?

Truthfully it sounds like you have too small of a deed for the amount of players you are talking about.

a 21x21 costs 1s 5c a month and can have 29 animals.

The minimum for a deed's upkeep is 1s.

I know you must have been making some coin along the way why such a small deed for all those 9 players?

There is not enough room in my area due to other deeds for me to expand that large.

There is not enough room in my area due to other deeds for me to expand that large.

I think you got two legged overpopulation problem there but that is one insight of how not everyone picked a large area.

Loving the update, good work rolf ! *gives cookie*

Love the update, finally found pigs and a dog! :lol:

I see a lot of anger in this thread but apparently it's just people getting nervous before anything actually happened to their herds?

Also, there are tons of aggro mobs, in some areas it's literraly impossible to walk 10 tiles without fighting, new players are going to have a hard time trying to settle in the wilderness...

Edited by Hula_Girl
  • Like 1

Camberme, you own all of bell haven, and big steve's old place besides the several deeds you and your family have, and are playing on two servers. Why can't you make do with all that land?

Just curious.

• Like 1

Correct me if im wrong but to stop the hoarding of animals, put a ratio on deeds.. Because of â€lag†some ppl were having, but then add faster spawn times and,more spawns...

Correct me if im wrong but to stop the hoarding of animals, put a ratio on deeds.. Because of â€lag†some ppl were having, but then add faster spawn times and,more spawns...

yup break your finger to fix your arm........and piss a bunch of people of in doing so

I'm just trying to understand if they did it because of lag, did they create more lag out of adding more animals and faster respond timers... So now there are more mobs then we had when ppl were keeping them

It was more about the hunting and the hoarding than anything else.

yea i think it was either fix the hunting or put in a new hunting server and he went for a fix rather then put in a money sink of a new server without the deeds/income to support it. That is what i think was the deal anyway but i could be wrong, lol

Edited by Kegan

Great patch thanks a lot its good to see pheasants once again

Granted Rolf is a bit spontaneus with patches and he likes to simply try things out, especially when something don't work quite right anyway.

I think he did a pretty good job this week though.

I understand trying things out.. Seems like some ppl think its set in stone and instead of calm constructive criticism.. Its rage I hate you...

• Like 1

Love this one, is great to see animals again wandering around again, and as an animal keeper i find the ratio liberal for my playstyle.

Just want to say thanks for helping me cancel over 5 accounts, meaning when prem runs out I will no longer pay for more. This update is good for fight skill, but this just killed the reason I play. I mean really, telling people how many animals they can have? This is a sandbox game and there for a while it was going good, but this update really messed my deeds up.

• Like 1

As an animal breeder, THANK YOU for this update. It's wonderful to see animals out in the wild again and the ratio idea is a very good one. No complaints at all, well done! :)

• Like 1

Just want to say thanks for helping me cancel over 5 accounts, meaning when prem runs out I will no longer pay for more. This update is good for fight skill, but this just killed the reason I play. I mean really, telling people how many animals they can have? This is a sandbox game and there for a while it was going good, but this update really messed my deeds up.

Arent the Horders the one telling other people: "You want wild Animals and not only fenced? Not my Problem!"

See, whatever they do, its never good for all.

Edited by Caduryn

Arent the Horders the one telling other people: "You want wild Animals and not only fenced? Not my Problem!"

See, whatever they do, its never good for all.

Aren't the hunters the ones saying we want this or that. Never be able to please everyone. Good thing noone is trying to make anyone else look like a piece isn't it.

Option A: "Breeders" keep the creature cap at maximum by keeping zoos of all colored animals. Almost no hunting possible

Option B: Breeeders keep a limited amount of animals. Hunting is possible.

Seems to me option B is a good compromise.

And about limiting the sandbox: The current ratio is not a hard cap like every player can have 10 animals. If you want more animals than your deed can currently support you can expand or move to a bigger deed. The amount of creatures is a limited resource. It's just fair that there are limits of how many creatures a player can claim.

• Like 2

Aren't the hunters the ones saying we want this or that. Never be able to please everyone. Good thing noone is trying to make anyone else look like a piece isn't it.

So.....let me get this right. 10x11 deed. 1s upkeep cost. 32 animals. Whats wrong with that? If you want more then feel free to stick them in an off deed enclosure or expand the deed.

wurm201303271837_zps29e22f7c.jpg

2 days ago all those were alive. You are trying to tell me that that seems ok?

Sign in to follow this