Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

More Creatures, Creature Deed Limits, And Changes To Elevation

I like the update it is good for the game and I'm sure 90% of the players are enjoying all the animals found in the wild now.

sadly enough this update made it very hard for not deeded players,.

I can leave my fenced area because i get killed as i am a too new player too fight the animals.

I cant decently breed because they changed the ratio to 10 .

Wel i understand that some poeple like this update but too change something so huge without any upfront communication is not good management.

Sadly enough the game had become unplayable for me and i mean the way i like to play.

I am seriously thinking of not extending my premium just because of a update which pleases a small group of players.

In the area where i live there has always been enough wildlife so maybe the hunters shuld have moved in stead of this update.

well either way i hope there will be an better solution shortly, would hate to leave the game because i further like it.

i dont want to whine but the problem it was good for me before the patch and am very disappointed to see a game change take the fun out of it

• Like 1

So? A 85 x 41 deed with 3485 tiles can have 232 animals then? With that then most I make new pens thats 15tiles in size(5x3) or are my old 2x3 pens still fine just cant go over the "magic number" of 232?

Edited by Ronnie

So? A 85 x 41 deed with 3485 tiles can have 232 animals then? With that then most I make new pens thats 15tiles in size(5x3) or are my old 2x3 pens still fine just cant go over the "magic number" of 232?

Yup 232 is your limit before crossing into less than 15.

You still can have the 3x2's

2 days ago all those were alive. You are trying to tell me that that seems ok?

Ahh so this is how deleted database records look like.

Look at the other games folks, none have this much creatures and items roaming as we are. The animals cap have to happen one day or later, want to wait until each of us get 1000 animals and actually make a real impact to the server? At any solution, there can't be such thing as unlimited animals.

Would like to see more positive suggestions than simply reject everything. I have been following the other two threads about animal penning and other mmos topics that honestly all the suggestions and also my own suggestion of how to control the server's population actually far worse than this soft cap.

i think new update is great..... more animals, more fun, more skill more money after all :D

I am just sad the deed line thing came back, for one day the world was super exciting, hehe. Now im safe at home <grin>

Posting again. Loving the change, had a nice Aged Champ Scorpion waiting right outside deed for me to slay. :D

I think he overreacted to quickly :P by killing so many....

• A bug where creatures got diseased too often was fixed
  • Crowding when attacking should now block the last attacker instead of everyone

Edited by Protunia

I think he overreacted to quickly :P by killing so many....

• A bug where creatures got diseased too often was fixed
  • Crowding when attacking should now block the last attacker instead of everyone

See like i said people over react all the time :D rolf thanks for working on the code

Been loving all these updates

2 days ago all those were alive. You are trying to tell me that that seems ok?

Yes I could keep them all disease free and fed fat and I never lagged with all those hell horses even with 3 clients running granted the main client wasn't set to max it was near high I had no problems. I feel sorry for the ppl on my server that actually bred to make money I didn't breed specifically for money, yes a sold about 4 horses in my total game life, If I couldn't keep near as a good breeding stock now, I hate to see how bad the money breeders on my server were hit. But now I have a limited general idea of accounts values so... if it sells it sell, if not, w/e

I can see one good thing from the limitations on horses - low skill PVPers will have viable, valuable targets. Enemy horses and other animals. Get a friend or two, a catapult, and pop some deed walls. Then shoot horses/animals with longbows from offdeed. No need to even enter the deed and fight Templars. You would have to worry about tower guards, but it's a lot easier to kill off a few tower guards than a few templars.

I think barns would be the better choice, especially for PVE, but this way, horses become more valuable for PVP.

Edited by Farmerbob

I can see one good thing from the limitations on horses - low skill PVPers will have viable, valuable targets. Enemy horses and other animals. Get a friend or two, a catapult, and pop some deed walls. Then shoot horses/animals with longbows from offdeed. No need to even enter the deed and fight Templars. You would have to worry about tower guards, but it's a lot easier to kill off a few tower guards than a few templars.

I think barns would be the better choice, especially for PVE, but this way, horses become more valuable for PVP.

I think perhaps a skill gain to milking and ah rather then it being a dramatic change to pvp, all those severs have 5+ speed horses, edit for misread.

Edited by Tineen

Yes I could keep them all disease free and fed fat and I never lagged with all those hell horses even with 3 clients running granted the main client wasn't set to max it was near high I had no problems. I feel sorry for the ppl on my server that actually bred to make money I didn't breed specifically for money, yes a sold about 4 horses in my total game life, If I couldn't keep near as a good breeding stock now, I hate to see how bad the money breeders on my server were hit. But now I have a limited general idea of accounts values so... if it sells it sell, if not, w/e

You're missing the point. A few people with the 345345 animals penned takes a hit on the entire server.

First off a "breeding stock" can be as small as 4 breeding pairs XD so your massive farm is way past breeding stock

and breeders sell more than 4 horses XD

also im a breeder and i havent lost any horses, there is a difference between a breeder and a horder

• Like 2

HoM on the Chaos server (part of the empire of mol Rehan kingdom) is 201x201 which roughly equates to 40,000 tiles which means we can hold ~2.6k animals. Come one, come all!

• Like 1

I just feel it's pay to win as it benefits only those that are willing to pay for the resources. I don't want a bigger herd, I just don't want to get screwed over because of those that are hoarding.

The more this goes on, the more I agree in making breeding animals easier this way the people that don't want a bigger herd don't need the bigger herd because it doesn't take a billion horses breeding to actually get a decent small stock of horses that have more than three legs. As it stands at the moment, I have 3 named female horses and 4 named male horses, and it's stayed that way for a long time trying to replenish a killed off stock because 90% of them come out with bad traits, despite having near 70 AH. My only option to work around this is more horses, for better "luck". Remove/lessen the "luck" factor - don't need as many horses.

the problem u have is that u went to 70 ah, u're so advanced in your skill that is really hard to breed horses without getting bad traits, is like playing the lottery versus a bingo game or something, the odds just don't fit.

the more traits u're trying to breed the higher chances u get a bad trait between them.

i think to fix this and get better chances is to start with a few pairs of first generation horses, as they only can get a certain number of traits per generation, that way u can control what traits go in, starting with 4th-5th generation horses means once u breed them the number of traits is only limited by your skill, and most surely will introduce bad traits.

also this change is needed so u don't get screwed over by those that are hoarding, while your ratio is good u're free to breed, before no matter if u had 1 or 10 horses if server count was full you would see misscariage.

Edited by viruskiller

You're missing the point. A few people with the 345345 animals penned takes a hit on the entire server.

No that's only half the point the other half is the forum post that rolf made that someone PM'ed him some pictures of a breeder deed where the person's fps dropped very very low because they had their settings to high to handle all the animals. This golf club to the head of a patch was not entirely about animal caps even tho that was most of it.

No that's only half the point the other half is the forum post that rolf made that someone PM'ed him some pictures of a breeder deed where the person's fps dropped very very low because they had their settings to high to handle all the animals. This golf club to the head of a patch was not entirely about animal caps even tho that was most of it.

Oh right. I guess the pic also warranted increasing the overall creature population on the servers by 10k? This fix was meant to address the low spawn rates in the wild.

Poor affliction. It was already chin deep in mobs hampering everything before the change but now its simply a noob death factory clogged to death with mobs ever spawning

Poor affliction. It was already chin deep in mobs hampering everything before the change but now its simply a noob death factory clogged to death with mobs ever spawning

Its already back to its normal state due to my axe.

• Like 1

For pity's sake, reduce the aggressive spawn rate and captive disease rate back to the old levels! It is impossible to play without a deed and stay alive! My deed owner has lost internet, so our deed lapsed. I'm trying to maintain till he gets back to re-establish, but cannot do anything. I pick up five or more creepies between buildings or pastures making it impossible to haul repair materials around and stay alive. Additionally, my animals are getting sick and dying in just a few hours, even though I groom and redistribute them daily. HELP!!!! This is miserable now. What happened to my fun game???

@ Aneila - life without a deed is gonna be hard, good luck

For pity's sake, reduce the aggressive spawn rate and captive disease rate back to the old levels! It is impossible to play without a deed and stay alive! My deed owner has lost internet, so our deed lapsed. I'm trying to maintain till he gets back to re-establish, but cannot do anything. I pick up five or more creepies between buildings or pastures making it impossible to haul repair materials around and stay alive.

Rolf has always had this tendency to introduce destructive elements into the game in various ways, aggros being one of the main focal points. Sometimes as with this present ramp up of aggro spawns, he goes overboard without considering the negative effects this has on the common player who has little interest in dealing with them as they go about their chores enjoying the game. Nothing really new here, a repeating pattern. I agree that this can be a real nusiance to the majority of players who want a reasonable way of coping with this situation; however, Rolf and certain advocates see this as contributing to the "survival" aspect of the game, so I see this continuing to be a problem for the more peaceful creative building types who center on enhancing the beauty of the Wurm environment through their creative efforts.

=Ayes=

Sign in to follow this