Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

More Creatures, Creature Deed Limits, And Changes To Elevation

If restricting things based on random standards is a good sign for things to come... Maybe they will restrict how many trees you can cut down per day based on number of raindrops falling on a unicorn's horn tip? Should be great, no?

You're just getting desperate now. Should have stopped while you were ahead. Good day to you.

• Like 1

Well, if my tree cutting was restricting newer players from even seeing, let alone cutting down, a tree I would agree with you. But, as for it raining on unicorns I fail to see how that crazy ranting even makes sense.....your animal restrictions are based on aspects you can control (granted maybe not like but you can control).

Explain how i can control which creature spawns on my mine, or strolls on my deed?

And now, we'll have regular dragon spawns? Cause i never saw the white and green ones, can we, please?

The no-show of creatures was linked not to breeding issues, but to the way spawns and critter caps worked. Even with the "hoarding" there were still regular unicorn outbreaks. The fact that only unicorns were spawning, is not due to people breeding.

Explain how i can control which creature spawns on my mine, or strolls on my deed?

And now, we'll have regular dragon spawns? Cause i never saw the white and green ones, can we, please?

The no-show of creatures was linked not to breeding issues, but to the way spawns and critter caps worked. Even with the "hoarding" there were still regular unicorn outbreaks. The fact that only unicorns were spawning, is not due to people breeding.

I was not saying you could control what animals roam on your land and I suspect you know that, at least your calm self would.. I was saying you can control the number of animals you are able to keep even if you do not like the means. You can get a bigger deed OR expose yourself to more risk while getting better ratios by not having it on a deed.

I think you are mistaken on how you see the "no-show" issue. I think the only reason you see unicorns at all is you need a high AH to tame, they need to be tame to be lead and they be lead to be bred. If they were passive like a normal a normal horse or as weak as a bear I suspect you would not see one anywhere......

Well I am so upset by this update I feel sick to my stomach gonna give it a few days but I think I might end up getting some price checks on my accounts with deeds(w/ traders) and setting up an auction for the toon and deeds. I don't like using the I wont pay any more line but this was the 'straw that broke the camels back' I really enjoyed the breeding of all my animals, it was a lot of what I did recently

• Like 1

I was not saying you could control what animals roam on your land and I suspect you know that, at least your calm self would.. I was saying you can control the number of animals you are able to keep even if you do not like the means. You can get a bigger deed OR expose yourself to more risk while getting better ratios by not having it on a deed.

I think you are mistaken on how you see the "no-show" issue. I think the only reason you see unicorns at all is you need a high AH to tame, they need to be tame to be lead and they be lead to be bred. If they were passive like a normal a normal horse or as weak as a bear I suspect you would not see one anywhere......

But the problem is, any animal in the deed, including other people's mounts do count toward the max, so, no, you can't control squat.

Dude, the unicorns WERE spawning, i have 2 champions myself, that i breed when i'm bored. The flaw in your logic is that they share the same cap with deer, and yet deer don't spawn nearly as often as unicorn. so flaw in your logic.

I hunted unicorns to exaustion several times, other people did the same, and yet you never saw deers replacing unicorns, simply because the spawn factors are biased and didn't/don't work as they should. Or are you telling me there's someone hoarding hundreds of chickens, pheasants (that last i heard can't even breed since there's only one gender available), pigs and deer, which would be the reason for them not spawning by that logic?

Edited by ReaverKane

But the problem is, any animal in the deed, including other people's mounts do count toward the max, so, no, you can't control squat.

Dude, the unicorns WERE spawning, i have 2 champions myself, that i breed when i'm bored. The flaw in your logic is that they share the same cap with deer, and yet deer don't spawn nearly as often as unicorn. so flaw in your logic.

I hunted unicorns to exaustion several times, other people did the same, and yet you never saw deers replacing unicorns, simply because the spawn factors are biased and didn't/don't work as they should. Or are you telling me there's someone hoarding hundreds of chickens, pheasants (that last i heard can't even breed since there's only one gender available), pigs and deer, which would be the reason for them not spawning by that logic?

Well I guess I see you having options that you can not see yourself having. Any animal counts toward the max so either 1. have your friends put their mounts in a pen outside the deed when they come to visit, 2. reduce the number of animals you keep, 3. disband or increase your deed or 4. live life on the wild side risking animal sickness as you enjoy a friend visiting. I am done trying to make you believe you have options it is clear you do not want to admit you have. Because from where I sit, no matter what you say, you are just pissed because this is not the way you want it to go.

As for your unicorn fight, who cares it was the old system that clearly needed to be updated and fixed. It has been fixed, granted maybe not to your liking but fixed none the less.......

As for the rage quit types because I want to continue to support the game:

I am interested in buying rage quit accounts.

Well I guess I see you having options that you can not see yourself having. Any animal counts toward the max so either 1. have your friends put their mounts in a pen outside the deed when they come to visit, 2. reduce the number of animals you keep, 3. disband or increase your deed or 4. live life on the wild side risking animal sickness as you enjoy a friend visiting. I am done trying to make you believe you have options it is clear you do not want to admit you have. Because from where I sit, no matter what you say, you are just pissed because this is not the way you want it to go.

As for your unicorn fight, who cares it was the old system that clearly needed to be updated and fixed. It has been fixed, granted maybe not to your liking but fixed none the less.......

Actually, the only part that fixed anything, was exactly what i asked, so really, i don't see where you're going with this.

And, "make-believe" is kinda self-explanatory. Unlike you, apparently, my deed is open for people to travel through it, and i dislike the notion of having to change that because of some ill-conceived construct that is doing nothing positive to the game. But since you're kinda new here, you probably are unfamiliar with past blunders from Rolf. You might want to.

• Like 1

Actually, the only part that fixed anything, was exactly what i asked, so really, i don't see where you're going with this.

And, "make-believe" is kinda self-explanatory. Unlike you, apparently, my deed is open for people to travel through it, and i dislike the notion of having to change that because of some ill-conceived construct that is doing nothing positive to the game. But since you're kinda new here, you probably are unfamiliar with past blunders from Rolf. You might want to.

I do not know what you are talking about the open deed*, you jump around too much for me to follow your crazy rants. I counter your belief that these changes are bad for the game by again stating I think it is good for the game. (-1 + 1 = 0) If you going to use my newer status as a reason why I might not be able to talk about sane topics I only have one thing to say, "your older status might be making it hard for you to accept change or even see it might be good for the game."

You win this discussion through technical fault. Because you can be the king of crazy whiner land as I have no interest in trying to sway your stance.....buy your account maybe but sway you I am done with.

edit: I get what you mean now, I am on an epic server not a lot of us allow access through our deeds. Stargrace's post below has the right idea it might help you embrace that form of thinking.

Edited by outlander

The increase of mob spawn on Affliction has really toppled the already insanely high ratio of mobs. I was hunting one spawn before this update, and now afterwards there are 3 other spawns in the same local. It's made hunting much more difficult than it should be; I feel like I'm raiding on insane mode in diablo. There's no such thing as singling out your kill anymore, I almost always have 2-4 on me. I had to run about 100 tiles before I even found a place to rest for stam for 2 seconds. It's a constant stream of monsters anywhere I am. With top-notch gear I'm only barely surviving. I can imagine some most areas being totally impossible for a new player to make use of now.

Edited by Versai
  • Like 1

I have two deeds, and do quite a lot of animal breeding. I love the change. I've got a 42 ratio at one deed, and a 102 ratio at the other. LOTS of room for growth.

I think it's important to realize that these changes are not a kick in the face to YOU meant to piss YOU off, but to HELP the ENTIRE population. Guess what, you have a ratio of 5? You're hurting spawns for other players. Yes, I realize the cap recently went up, but this is a preventative measure to make sure it does not happen again.

11x11 with 8 animals? Increases after that based on the size of your deed? Sure why not. The limits do not appear to be unreasonable at all, I will happily work within these limits if it means the spawn rates on the server can stay at a balanced level for OTHER players.

Guess what. It's NOT all about YOU.

• Like 9

I do not know what you are talking about the open deed, you jump around too much for me to follow your crazy rants. I counter your belief that these changes are bad for the game by again stating I think it is good for the game. (-1 + 1 = 0) If you going to use my newer status as a reason why I might not be able to talk about sane topics I only have one thing to say, "your older status might be making it hard for you to accept change or even see it might be good for the game."

You win this discussion through technical fault. Because you can be the king of crazy whiner land as I have no interest in trying to sway your stance.....buy your account maybe but sway you I am done with.

I'm sorry, i'll break down my post, so you understand what i'm talking about:

1. have your friends put their mounts in a pen outside the deed when they come to visit,

Unlike you, apparently, my deed is open for people to travel through it, and i dislike the notion of having to change that because of some ill-conceived construct that is doing nothing positive to the game. So your option is a non-option.

2. reduce the number of animals you keep,

Already done, yet a simple spawn of 4 cave bugs might put me out of the ratio.

3. disband or increase your deed

Already have 7 of those, in due time i might fill them all just to piss people off.. But i would rather things go down quietly.

or 4. live life on the wild side risking animal sickness as you enjoy a friend visiting.

Is that even an option?

I am done trying to make you believe you have options it is clear you do not want to admit you have. Because from where I sit, no matter what you say, you are just pissed because this is not the way you want it to go.

"make-believe" is kinda self-explanatory. But since you're kinda new here, you probably are unfamiliar with past blunders from Rolf. You might want to.

Stargrace, i have 7 deeds, can even put out more, can expand most of those, but the one where i have my stables is jammed between two others (one was founded after i did, other was there, but owner expanded), so really can't expand it, and never felt the need for it anyhow, all my animals are properlly tended, i rarely have disease (except that lately i stopped culling because i needed to grind more AH for a Fo priest). Anyhow, i never detailed my situation further than that, because its irrelevant. Problem isn't the cap (although i disagree with any caps, history proves that most of the stuff rolf makes to "cripple" breeding just tend to stem it), its how it was made, attaching the cap to simply the deed size creates a whole load of issues, that make it both unfair, and utterly ineffective (from the moment, that a off-deed pen gets no ratio, then its utterly flawed). Basically Rolf is again trolling the people that keep the game running, for what? Some guy who couldn't set his client settings properly?

Also, again, don't think that the increased spawns result of the deed cap, 10000 new animals basically doubled the cap on many servers (except inde), which is why there are so many new spawns. Inde exists at least 4 years afaik, and every time i go there i see wild critters, sure, no cows, but then again thats because cows have no spawns, which makes it so much harder for them to spawn, so if you believe that breeders are the devil, don't kid yourself, its more the game not being attuned to its player base.

Tallies were made by others, prior to the total cap increase there were like 30 animals for each premium player (summing up aggros and non-aggros), do you think that's reasonable?

Its been made more reasonable with the simple change to pop caps. I really don't see why the extra grief on deeds was even necessary.

I hate this.

I have a 31x11 deed and just started working on what I need to breed 5 speeds. I have about half of my deed devoted to 2x1 pens with two overflow pens for babies, each of which is 5x5. I don't see why if I have devoted one of my two deeds to horses, I can't do that, since it's the whole thing I love about Wurm. I was really, really looking forward to being able to sell horses and enchantments.

As my villager said --

[18:05:00] <Renala> also the worst part is we could have just built off-deed pens to account for the change. :(

So I will literally be better off lowering the size of my deed by about ten tiles (from 31x11 to 21x11) so that these animals are off-deed and spending the tiny amount of time to repair the fencing. Which means I will be paying less money to Rolf.

I certainly can't increase size, as much as I'd like to, as other deeds are blocking me in.

Honestly this makes me just want to sell hythorpe to Tpikol and move back up to Ebon Rih with the five speeds I spent 6 silver on. Or maybe go back to MUDding. I'm so depressed about this :/ Logging onto a dead cow literally the same day the change went in because I was at work and didn't have time to come home is so frsutrating.

It could have just as easily been one of my 5-speed horses I just bought.

I hate that Rolf thinks that this kind of stupid crap is a good idea. I hate that I pay $20 a month to play a game where the developer bends me over without warning to do stupid things that make no sense. I hate that since Garis and Eyerobot and Algol don't log in anymore, I almost just want to quit.

Edited by Cally
  • Like 5

I hate this.

I have a 31x11 deed and just started working on what I need to breed 5 speeds. I have about half of my deed devoted to 2x1 pens with two overflow pens for babies, each of which is 5x5. I don't see why if I have devoted one of my two deeds to horses, I can't do that, since it's the whole thing I love about Wurm. I was really, really looking forward to being able to sell horses and enchantments.

As my villager said --

[18:05:00] <Renala> also the worst part is we could have just built off-deed pens to account for the change. :(

So I will literally be better off lowering the size of my deed by about ten tiles (from 31x11 to 21x11) so that these animals are off-deed and spending the tiny amount of time to repair the fencing. Which means I will be paying less money to Rolf.

I certainly can't increase size, as much as I'd like to, as other deeds are blocking me in.

Honestly this makes me just want to sell hythorpe to Tpikol and move back up to Ebon Rih with the five speeds I spent 6 silver on. Or maybe go back to MUDding. I'm so depressed about this :/ Logging onto a dead cow literally the same day the change went in because I was at work and didn't have time to come home is so frsutrating.

It could have just as easily been one of my 5-speed horses I just bought.

I hate that Rolf thinks that this kind of stupid crap is a good idea. I hate that I pay $20 a month to play a game where the developer bends me over without warning to do stupid things that make no sense. I hate that since Garis and Eyerobot and Algol don't log in anymore, I almost just want to quit.

Ya after the update I don't see a reason to pay any more when what you pay for gets abused more and more. As it id now non deed holders can have so many more animals than I can. I don't breed for money I breed for fun and to have some good 5 speed animals. I was gonna work on my taming and start adding crocs and bison to my livestock of horses deer cattle dogs bears and hell horses ( the hell horses are on a second deed i pay for ) I cant add those now as I have to kill off more than half of what I have to get my ratio correct on the one deed and then some for the babies that will be born, and on the deed with hell horse i need to kill off about 2/3rd's of them :/. Lately I play the game for the breeding aspect and well that's no fun anymore I can't have half of what I been trying to breed good traits into. So why pay for 3 toons and 3 deeds? I can't have the numbers of animals needed to get to 5 speed ridables. Rolf will lose my money if the deed restrictions are not changed because someone couldn't lower their graphics settings ( to deal with unoptimized coding? ), instead the game gets paying ppl nerfed, on what they pay to have fun on and disgruntled.

EDIT: yes I could disband the deed's then have no problems, is this what Rolf wants? Ppl paying him less money? Does he not realize this could hurt his income slightly?

Edited by Airwalkre
  • Like 2

Ya after the update I don't see a reason to pay any more when what you pay for gets abused more and more. As it id now non deed holders can have so many more animals than I can. I don't breed for money I breed for fun and to have some good 5 speed animals. I was gonna work on my taming and start adding crocs and bison to my livestock of horses deer cattle dogs bears and hell horses ( the hell horses are on a second deed i pay for ) I cant add those now as I have to kill off more than half of what I have to get my ratio correct on the one deed and then some for the babies that will be born, and on the deed with hell horse i need to kill off about 2/3rd's of them :/. Lately I play the game for the breeding aspect and well that's no fun anymore I can't have half of what I been trying to breed good traits into. So why pay for 3 toons and 3 deeds? I can't have the numbers of animals needed to get to 5 speed ridables. Rolf will lose my money if the deed restrictions are not changed because someone couldn't lower their graphics settings ( to deal with unoptimized coding? ), instead the game gets paying ppl nerfed, on what they pay to have fun on and disgruntled.

EDIT: yes I could disband the deed's then have no problems, is this what Rolf wants? Ppl paying him less money? Does he not realize this could hurt his income slightly?

1 of the 1% who this has impacted.......How many critters do you have on deed?

'ReaverKane'

Wow, dont flatter yourself too much into thinking I do not get your overall point I get it I just do not care anymore. I am quite able to see a whining, crying, selfish player trying to justify his greed above the collective good of the game. No matter how many little crazy person rant lists you make or how many different ways you insult me; I will never understand why you can not see this flaw of character in yourself.

With every post you make i smile a little wider. Your posted outlooks on your version of fair, repeatedly posting your selfish beliefs, your insults to people and your clear want to rage on me (or anyone who disagrees with you) are the reason these changes are taking place in case you did not get that. Seems your wurm is really still Rolf's wurm and players like me like are willing to pay for. I care even less about your whining since sound like you are willing to screw everyone else over rather then just rage quit....unless you meant something else:..Already have 7 of those, in due time i might fill them all just to piss people off.. But i would rather things go down quietly.

If this was my house I would tell you not to let the door hit you on the way out..

Edited by outlander

Its been made more reasonable with the simple change to pop caps. I really don't see why the extra grief on deeds was even necessary.

Because without the deed caps, breeders will just reach the population cap again! It's alright for Exodus and Deliverance to have NEVER seen a bison (until today) since they released? To NEVER have wild horses, cows, pigs, or chickens on some servers? The number was figured for deliverance that each deed would hit the non-aggro cap at a mere FOURTEEN animals per deed - no matter what the size of the deed. This is MUCH better than that.

You have to think outside of your own deed, and your own problems, and think of every single other person out there. This IS in the best interest of the server population AS A WHOLE. It's a shame that all you can see is how negatively it impacts you instead of seeing the wider view.

Again if I even get close to below the 15 ratio, I'll cull my herds or expand my deed. I saw two wild pigs and a pheasant today. I don't even remember the last time that happened. I breed 5 speeds, cows, bull, and deer. I have a Fo, and I'm over 50 AH. I'm not new to this or how many animals are required to breed.

Edited by Stargrace
  • Like 2

Unless he makes a change to how breeding works off deed there are ways to keep a massive horse population pretty well protected off deed. So in the end those who really want to have 150+ horses will manage it without paying any extra silver up for the upkeep.

• Like 1

'ReaverKane'

Wow, dont flatter yourself too much into thinking I do not get your overall point I get it I just do not care anymore. I am quite able to see a whining, crying, selfish player trying to justify his greed above the collective good of the game. No matter how many little crazy person rant lists you make or how many different ways you insult me; I will never understand why you can not see this flaw of character in yourself.

With every post you make i smile a little wider. Your posted outlooks on your version of fair, repeatedly posting your selfish beliefs, your insults to people and your clear want to rage on me (or anyone who disagrees with you) are the reason these changes are taking place in case you did not get that. Seems your wurm is really still Rolf's wurm and players like me like are willing to pay for. I care even less about your whining since sound like you are willing to screw everyone else over rather then just rage quit....unless you meant something else:..Already have 7 of those, in due time i might fill them all just to piss people off.. But i would rather things go down quietly.

If this was my house I would tell you not to let the door hit you on the way out..

I think i missed the part where i said i was going to quit... Or insulted you, or anyone except for alaskabob...

But then again, i actually post reasons why stuff don't work, you post "Wanna buy rage quit deeds". Having a difficult time discerning who's the troll, sorry.

Because without the deed caps, breeders will just reach the population cap again! It's alright for Exodus and Deliverance to have NEVER seen a bison (until today) since they released? To NEVER have wild horses, cows, pigs, or chickens on some servers? The number was figured for deliverance that each deed would hit the non-aggro cap at a mere FOURTEEN animals per deed - no matter what the size of the deed. This is MUCH better than that.

You have to think outside of your own deed, and your own problems, and think of every single other person out there. This IS in the best interest of the server population AS A WHOLE. It's a shame that all you can see is how negatively it impacts you instead of seeing the wider view.

Again if I even get close to below the 15 ratio, I'll cull my herds or expand my deed. I saw two wild pigs and a pheasant today. I don't even remember the last time that happened. I breed 5 speeds, cows, bull, and deer. I have a Fo, and I'm over 50 AH. I'm not new to this or how many animals are required to breed.

Have they ever reached the pop cap? I never noticed that, i never stopped seeing stuff spawn, sure i always saw the same stuff spawn, but i don't think its about the pop cap, more like the spawn rate.

Again, i am thinking about others, in fact this harms me not the slightest. I have a 68x19 deed where half is already farmable land, and the rest was already meant for stables... Still need to dig out a part to make it flat, but i still have 5 other deeds besides the original one where i had the stuff, in fact i already moved enough animals to a other deed that already had pens built, so that both are within the cap.

But because this (although only slightly inconvenienced me) was a FLAWED patch, i'm denouncing its flaws. If you quit the "righteous than thou" attitude, you might realize that this is a freaking JOKE where deed owners AGAIN get sacked, and anyone that does another 50x50 enclosure gets to cram as many cattle in it as they want. So yeah, its a STUPID PATCH!

Edited by ReaverKane
  • Like 2

Have they ever reached the pop cap? I never noticed that, i never stopped seeing stuff spawn, sure i always saw the same stuff spawn, but i don't think its about the pop cap, more like the spawn rate.

Yes. Deliverance (and other servers) have been at max non-aggro spawn caps for months now. You can check the graphs for yourself. You can think it's not about the cap at all, but that's exactly what it is about. Raising the creature cap is (like I already said) a precautionary tool COMBINED with the deed cap to prevent this issue from happening, again. We've been arguing for bison to spawn for months now. Since they were released last year in fact. It has nothing to do with spawn rates when not a SINGLE bison / pig / rooster etc. has spawned, at all, in over a year.

This "stupid patch" is fixing things more than 1% of the players have been complaining about for over a year now.

Edited by Stargrace

Do you think that the number of horses in someone's deed is really related to that, though, when we have huge unicorn infestations?

• Like 1

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, March 27, 2013 - Double post
Hidden by Jberg, March 27, 2013 - Double post

\

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Sign in to follow this