Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

More Creatures, Creature Deed Limits, And Changes To Elevation

2 outside my deed on exo.

I am hoping for bison!

Wait, WHAT???

Okay, gotta install Wurm at work and SEE this... It may be time to go hunting tonight! :D

Killed over 200 spiders and scorps on affliction in a radius of 4 locals, I don't even want to know how it looks around spawn

I love it

K0AiTou.png

Edited by Che
  • Like 1

Just another "I have no idea of what i'm doing" Rolf Patch... We'll see a "un-nerfing" post soon enough.

Which won't necessarilly make it better, will be just like with lamps and deeds, in 2 -3 months he'll probably just change the whole thing...

Actually i think on this occasion Rolf knows exactly what he's done. Especially given this thread http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/78200-other-mmo-stats/

I'm not one for predicting but i reckon he'll "relent" in a week or two and drop the cap levels again (to above what they used to be but no one will notice that) and on suggestions and ideas for the next few months you'll hear a lot of "yeah but remember when Rolf raised the animal cap, we don't want a mess like that again"

Then again i'm probably wrong :)

Disease spreads a bit easier if you have a higher ratio than 15 tiles. 15 tiles for a ONE horse pen? If you keep this, you may lose me as a paying customer.

Edited by thrundarr

Remove the creature deed limit thing from Epic, or at least Elevation(since the home server guys like it to be as freedom-like as possible).

Animal hoarding on epic is dealt with regularly, there is no need for outside interference.

Example of herd being culled:

hb3UbiQ.jpg

• Like 4

Disease spreads a bit easier if you have a higher ratio than 15 tiles. 15 tiles for a ONE horse pen? If you keep this, you may lose me as a paying customer.

You misread it.

Well this is a first for me. Agree with Protunia 100%

Just another "I have no idea of what i'm doing" Rolf Patch... We'll see a "un-nerfing" post soon enough.

Which won't necessarilly make it better, will be just like with lamps and deeds, in 2 -3 months he'll probably just change the whole thing...

I dunno what you are talking about. I'd say it's an all around good update. Have quite a few animals on deed so might have to kill a few off or be better at unloading horses but no biggy. I honestly don't see what the problem is. There is a slight curve on the # of animals you can easily take care of. What's so bad about that? Sure collecting some animals is great but you don't need 10 of every kind. If you want some leather just keep horses & deer. Unless you are going on some crazed 20 hour grinding sprees for lw multiple times a week I'm sure you'll be ok. Feel free to fill up all 7 of your deeds with animals. I have no idea how that'll benefit you in anyway other then more animals to check up on. For 99% of the population this animal curve isn't going to do much to em at all. Might have to drop a handful of horses or cows but nothing life shattering.

Wandering around I've seen critters in areas where there haven't been more then 1-2 in months. Ran across a few pigs & deer. Someone running past me said they found a cow. Whens the last time anyone has seen a wild cow? If anything I'd just like more greenish and other traited animals :) +1 Rolf.

• Like 1

Wait, WHAT???

Okay, gotta install Wurm at work and SEE this... It may be time to go hunting tonight! :D

I got some. And apparently Fatboy is cornering the market on them ;)

It does encourage keeping (or newly putting...) spirits at work against aggro's on deed, seeing on-deed aggro's (also in under-deed closed off old mines etc) also count for the ratio. The wording of the message is indeed a bit unclear, especially when said that a higher ratio is worse then a lower one... then I have to ask 'define ratio please'.

How so, care to explain?

11x11 deed ~ 121 tiles ~ 8 animals on deed before problems. Not pen size at all.

Half the ratio if you are paying twice the amount of upkeep (too many citizens per deeded tile) perhaps?

Well this is a first for me. Agree with Protunia 100%

I dunno what you are talking about. I'd say it's an all around good update. Have quite a few animals on deed so might have to kill a few off or be better at unloading horses but no biggy. I honestly don't see what the problem is. There is a slight curve on the # of animals you can easily take care of. What's so bad about that? Sure collecting some animals is great but you don't need 10 of every kind. If you want some leather just keep horses & deer. Unless you are going on some crazed 20 hour grinding sprees for lw multiple times a week I'm sure you'll be ok. Feel free to fill up all 7 of your deeds with animals. I have no idea how that'll benefit you in anyway other then more animals to check up on. For 99% of the population this animal curve isn't going to do much to em at all. Might have to drop a handful of horses or cows but nothing life shattering.

Wandering around I've seen critters in areas where there haven't been more then 1-2 in months. Ran across a few pigs & deer. Someone running past me said they found a cow. Whens the last time anyone has seen a wild cow? If anything I'd just like more greenish and other traited animals :) +1 Rolf.

The extra animals aren't from deed limits, or are you so gullible you actually thing that had any impact already? Its from raising the caps, by 10 000. I had a ratio of 7. Just now found my first diseased animal. Nothing too different from what would happen ordinarily.

The stupidity of this change is summed up in 3 simple facts:

1- It can easily be circumvented by NOT paying Rolf, and making enclosures.

2- If you disregard 1, its a Pay to Win Feature, never a good thing to have.

3- Its unrealistic and unfair, a land grabber with a 50x50 mostly unbuilt deed can have more animals (even if only in a 10x10 area) than a 20x20 worked deed with 5 citizens.

Also if as Kianga says, wild animals count for the cap its just even more idiotic. I mean, should we all live in fortified cities with 10 guards, unable to breed aggros because now if 3-5 cave bugs spawn inside my mine all my animals will go diseased?

This patch was shortsighted, and implemented without any forethought. Which is nice if it was a Protunia suggestion (they tend to be focused on what Protunia does), but this being a actual patch on the game, live with these issues, again just shows how little care Rolf has with the game.

• Like 2

name='ReaverKane' timestamp='1364322208' post='775689']

Say what you what people are actually having fun out there and enjoying the game right now finding horses, pigs, cows, hens,deer,etc.. as well as killing mobs and dying :P

• Like 2

The stupidity of this change is summed up in 3 simple facts:

1- It can easily be circumvented by NOT paying Rolf, and making enclosures.

2- If you disregard 1, its a Pay to Win Feature, never a good thing to have.

3- Its unrealistic and unfair, a land grabber with a 50x50 mostly unbuilt deed can have more animals (even if only in a 10x10 area) than a 20x20 worked deed with 5 citizens.

Also if as Kianga says, wild animals count for the cap its just even more idiotic. I mean, should we all live in fortified cities with 10 guards, unable to breed aggros because now if 3-5 cave bugs spawn inside my mine all my animals will go diseased?

This patch was shortsighted, and implemented without any forethought. Which is nice if it was a Protunia suggestion (they tend to be focused on what Protunia does), but this being a actual patch on the game, live with these issues, again just shows how little care Rolf has with the game.

1. Alright do that. When someone breaks into your enclosure and kills off your 50 animals don't come whining to the forums.

2. Pay to Win ......what? I was unaware that 100% of this game focus was on animals. Like I said this change won't impact 99% of the players. Similar how ranchers tend to have lots of land for their cattle. The feed lot animals don't tend to be healthy.....just as it will now be on here.

3. Now your crying about someone who bought a deed a big deed? It isn't like there isn't 1000000x of other undeeded tiles out there. If they want to pay for that deed more power to them.

If anything I'd say this is a realistic change.

Meanwhile I'm going to go back to running around & enjoying some decent hunting near my home deed.

3. Now your crying about someone who bought a deed a big deed? It isn't like there isn't 1000000x of other undeeded tiles out there. If they want to pay for that deed more power to them.

i think he meant that someone without a deed can have more horses now then a person WITH a deed

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Jberg, March 27, 2013 - Berating, harassment, and slander of Rolf
Hidden by Jberg, March 27, 2013 - Berating, harassment, and slander of Rolf

Say what you what people are actually having fun out there and enjoying the game right now finding horses, pigs, cows, hens,deer,etc.. as well as killing mobs and dying :P

Again, that is due to increasing the cap 10000 individuals, not from caping deeds.

1. Alright do that. When someone breaks into your enclosure and kills off your 50 animals don't come whining to the forums.

2. Pay to Win ......what? I was unaware that 100% of this game focus was on animals. Like I said this change won't impact 99% of the players. Similar how ranchers tend to have lots of land for their cattle. The feed lot animals don't tend to be healthy.....just as it will now be on here.

If anything I'd say this is a realistic change.

Meanwhile I'm going to go back to running around & enjoying some decent hunting near my home deed.

1- Nope, i'll get him banned for griefing.

2, 3- yes you need to learn to read, maybe growing a neuron would help your case.

Yeah, you can thank me for suggesting Rolf to increase the animal cap while you hunt, unlike the retards who like stuff capped, i actually suggested that. Guess what? It really was possible, and is the only positive change on the patch, it will take years (specially with the increased cap for you to get any positive outcome from deed caping, since lets face it, the game has been running for close to a decade and never stopped spawning stuff completely, in ANY server)

Too bad Rolf likes to piss on his drink, and also decided to cater to the captain cap ppl, and invent a retarded cap, that not only is retarded in its essence, it has the most stupid application, since people can circumvent it by diminishing their support of the game. Instead of spreading my animals over 2 deeds to be under the cap, i could have just disbanded one, and i'd have no worries.

Not to mention, i just confirmed that indeed wild animals (on my mine in this case) actually do influence the rate, which is beyond retarded, since players can't do anything about creeps spawning inside their mines.

i think he meant that someone without a deed can have more horses now then a person WITH a deed

That and that a completely wild deed (like a hunting range or something, can have more animal space regardless if its active, or the number of players. Which lets face it a deed with 5 active characters needs more horses than one with a single player, regardless of sizes. The deed cap is just stupid, nothing else to it.

Edited by ReaverKane

The tile per creature ratio of this deed is 9.08867. Optimal is 15 or more.This means that you will see more disease and miscarriage.

I am not a happy camper this makes me really mad if someone was able to take care of all their stock then it should of been fine. What should of been done is make some sort of barn that stock can be stored in like a bsb that way lots of animals wouldn't need to be rendered as it is i have to kill off half my livestock, i breed cattle deer horses dogs and bears and i can take care of them all I am really really upset I don't even feel like playing today.

I hate to say it but ill have to see about even continued resubbing of my 3 accounts after this. I bet my other deed that my alt owns has to many hell horses. See I took over a separate deed to have two deeds for animals...

Annnnnddd... the other deed The tile per creature ratio of this deed is 5.3893805. Optimal is 15 or more.This means that you will see more disease and miscarriage.

I think I'm done, screw this game

• Like 3

@Reaver I think its not the first time I mention that, but please try to stay neutral when it comes to things like" maybe growing a neuron would help your case" its rude.

but nontheless I agree that this patch about those animals is only a "part" of a solution. I'm happy that there is a difference (code wise) from animals on or off deed, but I would suggest maybe changing the restriction from deed size only to deed size+ amount of villagers. also I'm not exactly sure why this restriction is needed overall...if i think about it, the animal disease is already limiting to "animals per specific amount of tiles" so this is a double restrictionfor the same thing?

@Reaver I think its not the first time I mention that, but please try to stay neutral when it comes to things like" maybe growing a neuron would help your case" its rude.

but nontheless I agree that this patch about those animals is only a "part" of a solution. I'm happy that there is a difference (code wise) from animals on or off deed, but I would suggest maybe changing the restriction from deed size only to deed size+ amount of villagers. also I'm not exactly sure why this restriction is needed overall...if i think about it, the animal disease is already limiting to "animals per specific amount of tiles" so this is a double restrictionfor the same thing?

Yes its in fact a double restriction.

And yes, i'm not really in a good mood, so stupid replies will have a high chance of getting a not-so-polite reply from me.

Overall, this, and the PvP changes was Rolf taking up on the first post he liked and rolling with it. (like the 1h timer for logging, 1 guy said it in a post, rolf rolled with it in the other, people said it was WAY too much, but somehow rolf still went with it. Selective reading i guess.

I love these changes, all of them are moves in the right direction and I hope a sign of things to come IMHO.

I also love reading some of the crazy rants by people who in the past have made themselves out (on the forums) as the sane trend setting backbone of wurm community. It is ironic the recent changes fly in the face of their belief by not serving or listening to their wants. It is more ironic those same people quickly turned into "I am going to quit playing and paying" types. To counter your economic terrorism I am going to add more time and silver to my account to show my support for these changes. I suggest anyone else who feels the same do the same.

Lastly, Rolf and Devs thank you for the changes (not just the rants of people falling down)..

• Like 2

yeah...im happily not on a pvp server but i would hate that 1 hour logging...also because he forgot that there arent only griefing people around! and what about the monsters? does it also mean they'll get 1 hour less sleep bonus? and if he really wanna take it that way, why not give an option to reduce the timer? like when using a bed or so?

I'm aware of that. Still doesn't change the fact that he was bashing on someone for paying for a bigger deed then someone else.

Again, that is due to increasing the cap 10000 individuals, not from caping deeds.

1- Nope, i'll get him banned for griefing.

2, 3- yes you need to learn to read, maybe growing a neuron would help your case.

Yeah, you can thank me for suggesting Rolf to increase the animal cap while you hunt, unlike the retards who like stuff capped, i actually suggested that. Guess what? It really was possible, and is the only positive change on the patch, it will take years (specially with the increased cap for you to get any positive outcome from deed caping, since lets face it, the game has been running for close to a decade and never stopped spawning stuff completely, in ANY server)

Too bad Rolf likes to piss on his drink, and also decided to cater to the captain cap ppl, and invent a retarded cap, that not only is retarded in its essence, it has the most stupid application, since people can circumvent it by diminishing their support of the game. Instead of spreading my animals over 2 deeds to be under the cap, i could have just disbanded one, and i'd have no worries.

Not to mention, i just confirmed that indeed wild animals (on my mine in this case) actually do influence the rate, which is beyond retarded, since players can't do anything about creeps spawning inside their mines.

That and that a completely wild deed (like a hunting range or something, can have more animal space regardless if its active, or the number of players. Which lets face it a deed with 5 active characters needs more horses than one with a single player, regardless of sizes. The deed cap is just stupid, nothing else to it.

1. He/She will get banned & you lose 2 months of animal breeding. Doubt anyone would be happy with that.

3. Oh gawsh. That one hurt. Hahaha. Still bashing on someone who chooses to pay for a bigger deed. Aka "land grabber" language. Grow up sir. You can't expect to fit that many animals into a space & have it not impact something. & Once again this impacts almost no one. Lets see here a 11x10 deed which still = 1 silver upkeep per month can hold roughly 32 animals....Well well well. Harsh restrictions right there. Even with 4 people living there that is still 8 animals per.

Atm, I have to travel a good hr or 2 to find a good hunting spot. I've roamed around my area for an hour or two at at time & maybe found 10 critters. I've gone to the steppes and found 10 animals wandering around in a multi thousand area. Oh & I live by a decent sized dessert that at any one time will have 1-3 critters on it. Today I buzzed past it and there were actually critters on it.

So uh thanks for voting for more animals?

I love these changes, all of them are moves in the right direction and I hope a sign of things to come IMHO.

I also love reading some of the crazy rants by people who in the past have made themselves out (on the forums) as the sane trend setting backbone of wurm community. It is ironic the recent changes fly in the face of their belief by not serving or listening to their wants. It is more ironic those same people quickly turned into "I am going to quit playing and paying" types. To counter your economic terrorism I am going to add more time and silver to my account to show my support for these changes. I suggest anyone else who feels the same do the same.

Lastly, Rolf and Devs thank you for the changes (not just the rants of people falling down)..

If restricting things based on random standards is a good sign for things to come... Maybe they will restrict how many trees you can cut down per day based on number of raindrops falling on a unicorn's horn tip? Should be great, no?

I'm aware of that. Still doesn't change the fact that he was bashing on someone for paying for a bigger deed then someone else.

Again, learn to read. I was giving an example, of how simply deed size shouldn't dictate anything...

1. He/She will get banned & you lose 2 months of animal breeding. Doubt anyone would be happy with that.

3. Oh gawsh. That one hurt. Hahaha. Still bashing on someone who chooses to pay for a bigger deed. Aka "land grabber" language. Grow up sir. You can't expect to fit that many animals into a space & have it not impact something. & Once again this impacts almost no one. Lets see here a 11x10 deed which still = 1 silver upkeep per month can hold roughly 32 animals....Well well well. Harsh restrictions right there. Even with 4 people living there that is still 8 animals per.

Atm, I have to travel a good hr or 2 to find a good hunting spot. I've roamed around my area for an hour or two at at time & maybe found 10 critters. I've gone to the steppes and found 10 animals wandering around in a multi thousand area. Oh & I live by a decent sized dessert that at any one time will have 1-3 critters on it. Today I buzzed past it and there were actually critters on it.

So uh thanks for voting for more animals?

Again, and i was going to call you a bad name here. The fact is, i know people who have 50x50 deeds, and have animals in smaller enclosures as mine. So really, do tell me exactly how you're smart and ######?

My point was exactly on that level. Just because some guy has a 50x50 deed, he can keep his animals in a 10x10 enclosure, while i can have a 20x20 deed dedicated solely to stables and pens, and the other guy still has a better ratio. Thats why the way it works is stupid.

Doesn't account for actual size allocated to the animals (which was already covered by disease), does not allocate for actual number of citizens/players using the animals, it simply goes by an arbitrary number that has nothing to do with anything.

And how does 110/15 = 32??

Do you breed, have you ever successfully bred a 5 trait? Do you know how freaking hellish it is to grind AH past 40?

Well mate, i (since i don't have templars), every time i go to my farm deed, usually need to kill at least 2 spiders and 3 mountain lions, average day of work on said farm leaves at least 10 new corpses there, and thats just what attack me. So yeah, i don't see what people were so pent up about hunting. I mean other day i ran a errand on North Desert on exo, tons of crocs and scorps... Sure i love the new extra animals, which are great, and yes i did suggest for that.

Too bad that instead of reading the rest of my post, and fixing grooming timer to need less animals to do continuous skilling, and fixing animal pathing out of caves so they don't get stuck there (which again, is WORSE than i ever saw it on Wurm - playing since 2010, creatures WON'T leave caves now even if you lure them out), he went and created a retarded creature cap on Deeds, that lacks foresight to say the least.

I'm going to love when people start crying rivers cause all their animals are sick because a bunch of cave bugs spawned on their mine (never seen a cave bug spawn with less than 3 friends, so).

Edited by ReaverKane

If restricting things based on random standards is a good sign for things to come... Maybe they will restrict how many trees you can cut down per day based on number of raindrops falling on a unicorn's horn tip? Should be great, no?

Well, if my tree cutting was restricting newer players from even seeing, let alone cutting down, a tree I would agree with you. But, as for it raining on unicorns I fail to see how that crazy ranting even makes sense.....your animal restrictions are based on aspects you can control (granted maybe not like but you can control).

Edited by outlander

Sign in to follow this