Sign in to follow this  
KellyTxX

Newest Changes

it all sounds fine but this 15 tile thing, unless im understanding it wrong. 15tiles per animal? seems excessive to me and you would need a ridiculous amount of space to have a decent amount of animals for a village with many members. I just redid my own stalls making them bigger so my animals have more space to eat so this outrages me a bit lol

It really shouldn't affect many players at all. I dabble in breeding and i worked out on 1 of my deeds i could hold 100 animals without increasing the risk of disease, and the most i ahve ever had on that deed is around the 40 mark even before this change.

If you have 1 animal per 15 deed tiles your fine, you don't actually need it to be in a 15 tile field

This just basically means if you want 100's of animals you can no longer throw them all in an enchanted 6x6 pen on a 5x5 deed, you now need to space to support them, which imo is perfectly fine.

• Like 2

It really shouldn't affect many players at all. I dabble in breeding and i worked out on 1 of my deeds i could hold 100 animals without increasing the risk of disease, and the most i ahve ever had on that deed is around the 40 mark even before this change.

If you have 1 animal per 15 deed tiles your fine, you don't actually need it to be in a 15 tile field

This just basically means if you want 100's of animals you can no longer throw them all in an enchanted 6x6 pen on a 5x5 deed, you now need to space to support them, which imo is perfectly fine.

exactly and was one of the changes talked about last time this came up.

Just to throw the numbers out for people

5x5 deed (smallest) ~ 121 tiles ~ 8 animals w/o problem

10x10 ~ 441 tiles ~ 29 animals

20x20 ~ 1681 tiles ~ 112 animals

assuming my math is right this will affect very few people

• Like 2

okay thanks guys i think i understand better. thats way better then i thought it was. i thought 15tile stalls for my animals lol. awesome thanks again

The tiles per animal limit will likely effect pvp servers a lot. As it is, there are probably mote animals than that limit allows on most deeds.

Increased disease will require fo priests to keep hell horses, as hell horses can't be groomed.

More miscarriages and a breeding cooldown could be horrible if a group goes out to pvp and loses all their horses (which will happen to one group if not both if two decent sized groups fight.) You can't really pvp without good horses, and this change makes it harder to breed and keep horses.

The hour logoff timer was an unnecessary change that I don't think anyone really supports, stealth alt in local of enemy deed in mine, enemy deed now has an hour logoff timer they can't get rid of without bashing down a mine door or mining in, and unstealthing the alt, which probably still has the ability to stealth log extremely fast.

Increased guard strength as the raid goes on will probably not work that well either. How is the start of the raid determined, when someone steps on the perimeter, or when a wall gets hit by a catapult. How strong do the guards end up getting? Why do people need stronger guards as time goes on when noone really wanted to raid before this change, With guards being buffed I doubt any big raids will happen.

off-deed enclosures on freedom, anyone? :P

but no really I think that this wasn't too unreasonable a change. The increased cap was needed I think, and some limit was required.... perhaps I would have gone with a lower ratio but this won't affect me too much (unless all my chicken eggs spawn together :o)

Nah, people are just gonna log off sooner instead of attempting to hold off a raid until the last minute.

It looks like the plan here is for every successful raid to end in the defenders losing literally everything they own. Seeing as you can't store anything, and if you stay and fight you can't log off with your last valuables. I can't see this ending well for Elevation.

I think an hour is a real long time, but this will most likely encourage having emergency exits built into your deed for security. I think the system could be easily exploited by placing an enemy alt at a town, edge of their perimeter in a ceiled 1x1 tile underground just so everyone has 1 hour log out timer. Rule needs to be in place to stop this or similar.

You can't really pvp without good horses, and this change makes it harder to breed and keep horses.

Only true when everyone else has good horses. Most likely what is considered a 'good horse' on ele will change over time, unless one group gets a strong upper hand on the horse situation early on, then pvp activity might suffer.

off-deed enclosures on freedom, anyone? :P

This will most likely be the norm now on freedom, which is a shame since freedom was the only place that 'needed' this limit. everything was fine as is on the epic cluster.

Celebration has bison and wild horses in the steppe never thought I would see that again.

Edited by Kegan

So... thats alot more creatures what servers where effected?

Only true when everyone else has good horses. Most likely what is considered a 'good horse' on ele will change over time, unless one group gets a strong upper hand on the horse situation early on, then pvp activity might suffer.

This will most likely be the norm now on freedom, which is a shame since freedom was the only place that 'needed' this limit. everything was fine as is on the epic cluster.

How do you know for a fact off deeded is better?

I did not see it say Off Deed will not be changed.

Edited by Protunia

How do you know for a fact off deeded is better?

I did not see it say Off Deed will not be changed.

The tiles per non-human animal or monster on a deed is now considered. This new change is for deeded tiles, not real hard to grasp. Ppl can move their herd off deed on freedom to keep the same level as disease and births as they had previously. I doubt there is a mechanism that counts the number of enclosure tiles in order to apply the new mechanic of increased disease and lower birth rates.

Loving the decision to not go extreme nerf for the animals case. A slow changes are easier to accept..

Currently even that in calculation I can hold 123 animals, I decide to cull most of my deers and horses :) .

The tiles per non-human animal or monster on a deed is now considered. This new change is for deeded tiles, not real hard to grasp. Ppl can move their herd off deed on freedom to keep the same level as disease and births as they had previously. I doubt there is a mechanism that counts the number of enclosure tiles in order to apply the new mechanic of increased disease and lower birth rates.

He could have out a generic penalty for off deed period.

I am sure this came up in discussions that we were not part of..

This would encourage people to buy a deed.

Edited by Protunia

the easy and obvious solution is to just make the off deed rate allways be the same as the on deed rate when there are more animals than the deed is able to support.

this gives another benefit to having a deed (lower disease and miscarriage chance as long as you keep the animal pop reasonable)

• Like 2

You really see the effects of this change if there is no deed between you and the "wild"

My deed on pristine right now looks like an animal graveyard, took 2 templars 3 hours to clear it down to where I am getting the Village Alarm announcements again

• Like 1

i dont understand the animal thing O.o can someone explain to me please whats meant with that?

I pay Rolf, I get more animals without disease?

I love it! Take my money ;)

Can't wait to get on and see all the animals, I'm ready to actually fight something for once... And hopefully get a few cows ;)

the spiders seem to like this update. there are now roughly eleventy-billion surrounding my deed.

off to go sharpen my maul....

If this change was put in because too many creatures were caged then this will of course mean more creatures in the wild and possibly more bashing. This will mean having to pay more attention when traveling. This is good and bad. I'm on Chaos and there's quite a few creatures and I'm pretty sure there was not much caging. If the number of creatures was increase without considerations to the number of caged animals then it will be that much harder.

Another words, some servers will have more caging than others. If a server has low caging amounts then increasing the number of creature spawns without factoring this in will actually make it harder.

Edited by Lightonfoot

A couple unforeseen consequences of more creatures might be more bashing and more new players running from them. If I were rolf I'd reduce the amount that creatures bash in response and also reduce the chances that a creature attacks something far below its skilll level. These changes should help to compesnate for this to reduce unintended things.

Nah it'll all settle down soon enough.

This was good incentive to expand my deed a bit to tend the animals i want to keep, and cull a few others. Love the increase in animals to both drag home and hunt. Thank you!

I thought they are increasing the tile drop limit to 15, why is this not in? Besides that it's a nice change!

He just forgot to include that part in the patch notes again.

I just placed 8 barrels on one of my tiles.