Sign in to follow this  
Justamayor

Wrong Countdown Shown For Oakshell Under Spell Effects

I don't know if it is the client that calculates and shows wrong values or if it is the server that sends wrong information but I'll post it here.

Whenever I cast oakshell on myself I open the spell effects window to see the power and the duration. The duration shown is usually wrong (shorter) than it really is. Once the timer reaches 0 it keeps counting down (until -59 I think but I am not sure) and oakshell still affects me (improved armor and increased difficulty if I try recasting it). This continues until I receive the event log telling me that I am "no longer affected by Oakshell".

example of cast:

[23:55:45] You now have thick, strong skin.

89.32 Thornshell and it appeared to have a duration of 29 minutes and 30 seconds right after I casted it.

[00:34:05] You are no longer affected by Thornshell.

so the real duration was 38 minutes and 20 seconds

bump.

This bug still exists. relogging will update the countdown with a positive value if it had reached negative values but the new value is still not the correct one.

Update 2:

I observed that the duration shown for oakshell (right after casting it) is 1 minute for every 3 power, so a 60 power cast would show a duration of 20 minutes. On Celebration and Exodus this is the real duration. On Independence the duration shown in the spell effects window is still power/3 minutes but in reality the buff lasts for more time and the result is the situation described in the first post.

So,

On Independence* the buff lasts longer than on other servers.

The duration shown in the spell effects window right after the cast is the same on all* servers.

So it may be a server side bug.

*no tests done on Deliverance or the epic and new Freedom clusters.