Sign in to follow this  
Maximillian

Real Time Exp Calculator

Maximillian's Exp Calc!

The calc uses skill logs to calculate Exp per hour, Total Exp gained, Ticks per hour and total ticks in every skill you use.

This was made for windows and it's been tested and working on:
Works in Win 8 Pro 64 bit
Works in Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Works in Win XP Pro 32 bit with Service pack 3.
Works on Windows XP mode (Virtual PC - 7 Ult) with access to the player folder while wurm runs in 7 Ult.

If anyone has Linux please give it a try with wine or some similar program.

Download here: http://www.filedropper.com/expcalc

All you need to do is unzip the calc into your player folder:
2dl23xu.png

Then when you run the calc you'll be asked to enter your player name:
34goz82.png

Then just unpause and start getting some skill gains:
23m0mbp.png

Update v1.1: I just added support for the test server and should have fixed any flickering if anyone was having some. If you want to use it for a test server account just add ; after your type in your name (ex. Maximillian;). It's not tested but should work fine.

Update v1.2: Added support for daily log files so it'll work with monthly and daily now. This feature happen automaticly.

Update v1.3: Fixed all the flickering some people were having and also fixed a issue with some OS from other countries using 0,00 versus 0.00 in there skill logs.

Edited by Maximillian
  • Like 11

102 views and no comment yet.. poo lol. If anyone is using this please lemme know if it's working well for you or if it has any bugs!

I downloaded it and put it in my player directory but hadn't tried it out yet. Trying it out now. :P

It looks like the program is seeing a difference +/- in the millionths decimal place compared to what the game is reporting with skill updates set to 'always'. Not a huge deal because of the astronomically small effect it would have on skill reports but worth noting.

Seems good so far, though. Looks like it'd be really useful to easily and accurately track how much skill you get from certain activities and exactly which skills and/or characteristics a certain action affects without having to log out and back in for every test. :)

Edit: Could be that there's some rounding involved in the 'Change' that the game reports when you hover over a skill. If that's true then I suppose everything's working right.

Edited by Laiwyn

Ill give it a go tonight :) Nice tool If It does what I think it does and you say it does :D Gonna have some fun testing things out with that.

Any chance of moving this to a 21st century GUI? Great work though!

• Like 1

Aww come BWG, this gui is awesome! But I guess yeah for most people it should be changed to something newer, either way, i'm going to use it like this.

• Like 1

Grabbed it, might give it a shot tomorrow. Looks like it could be useful. :)

It is a 21st century GUI

In windows (yes even 8) , press the windows key and type in CMD (in xp -> its start run , Vista + 7 its start , search box , and in 8 its windows key , CMD and click command prompt.)

This is command prompt (also referred to as DOS as it looks like old dos.) , Thus even today its still used (we use it to Ping and tracert)

http://en.wikipedia....working_utility

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Traceroute

But on topic.

A nicer more graphical gui might be nice , now that the base coding is there,

Downloading now , will test on Win 8 Pro 64 bit , Win 7 Ult 64 bit.

Edit:

Works on Windows XP mode (Virtual PC - 7 Ult) with access to the player folder while wurm runs in 7 Ult.

Works on Multi-Monitor systems (its on Mon 5 of 6 on my main system now)

Edited by axeblade346

It is a 21st century GUI

In windows (yes even 8) , press the windows key and type in CMD (in xp -> its start run , Vista + 7 its start , search box , and in 8 its windows key , CMD and click command prompt.)

This is command prompt (also referred to as DOS as it looks like old dos.) , Thus even today its still used (we use it to Ping and tracert)

But on topic.

Wow... thanks for turning my joke into a derogatory comment.

I use *nix daily, have an rpi and have a bunch of batch files which I use for scheduling jobs on my work machines - console isn't just limited to the DOS command prompt, but thanks for the lesson.

Can you add an option to check test server logs too, This will be VERY nice for my HFC test on there in a few weeks.

Wow... thanks for turning my joke into a derogatory comment.

I use *nix daily, have an rpi and have a bunch of batch files which I use for scheduling jobs on my work machines - console isn't just limited to the DOS command prompt, but thanks for the lesson.

Not my intention , Was more an informative comment.

Thanks everyone for giving it a try!

It looks like the program is seeing a difference +/- in the millionths decimal place compared to what the game is reporting with skill updates set to 'always'. Not a huge deal because of the astronomically small effect it would have on skill reports but worth noting.

Seems good so far, though. Looks like it'd be really useful to easily and accurately track how much skill you get from certain activities and exactly which skills and/or characteristics a certain action affects without having to log out and back in for every test. :)

Edit: Could be that there's some rounding involved in the 'Change' that the game reports when you hover over a skill. If that's true then I suppose everything's working right.

I noticed the small differences I assume it is a rounding thing I may be able to fix it.

I would very much like to create a nice GUI for it but I've got very little exp with win32 apps but sooner or later it may have a gui.

It is a 21st century GUI

But on topic.

Edit:

Works on Multi-Monitor systems (its on Mon 5 of 6 on my main system now)

Thanks for the feed back!

Can you add an option to check test server logs too, This will be VERY nice for my HFC test on there in a few weeks.

I will look into this. Edit: This should be a pretty easy addition but it'll have to wait till tomarrow or possibly the next day(sick atm). I had a small update in mind anyhow so I'll do both of them.

Edited by Maximillian
  • Like 1

Update: I just added support for the test server and should have fixed any flickering if anyone was having some. If you want to use it for a test server account just add ; after your type in your name (ex. Maximillian;). It's not tested but should work fine.

Edit: Also, I am looking into making a nice gui for it since it seems to be working right for everyone so far.

Edited by Maximillian
  • Like 1

Edit: Also, I am looking into making a nice gui for it since it seems to be working right for everyone so far.

I don't mind the command prompt at all, how's the saying go, Keep it Simple Stupid?

Looks like a useful program. I unzipped Expcalc.exe to my wurm\players folder and typed my name in and it says "unable to open file".

My Wurm players folder is at "E:\wurm\players" not on the C drive, could this be causing the problem ?

This is a really nice program :D Fun to experiment with too thanks for making it

I don't mind the command prompt at all, how's the saying go, Keep it Simple Stupid?

True but the main reason I want to add a gui is for some needed functions I'd like to suppost. Right click to copy a line being one of the important ones.

Looks like a useful program. I unzipped Expcalc.exe to my wurm\players folder and typed my name in and it says "unable to open file".

My Wurm players folder is at "E:\wurm\players" not on the C drive, could this be causing the problem ?

It shouldn't matter where the player folder is because the app finds it's directory automaticly so as long as it's inside the player folder and the character you're trying to use has it's own folder (ex. wurm/player/maximillian) it should be fine. Be sure you spell the name correctly. If that isn't working make sure that your character folder (player/(your name here)) has a log folder and a _Skills.2013_3.txt file inside that. There may be a setting in wurm to turn off logging you'd just need to make sure you allow log files, I'm not 100% sure on this.

Edited by Maximillian

Mine wasn't on C:\ either Explora and worked fine. Also, i haven't tried yet, possible to run multiple instances at once for diffrent characters?

Hey, although the idea is cool, I am having some issues here,

first it does recognize ticks but all my skill gains are 0.000000, PM , total exp and aver tick...

secondly the flickering is unbearable...it is VERY eye straining.. had to stop the program after 164 seconds (try not to clear the window before you update the stats but just 're-write' it so you dont have the black stage? just an opinion)

this being said,i find the project great :) just needs some tweaks

btw tested on: Win 7 Pro x64 German

Regards,

Thor

Program is at E:\wurm\players\Expcalc.exe, my Player name is Explora and I have daily skill logs at E:\wurm\players\Explora\logs\_Skills.2013-03-29.txt

entering the name "Explora" still gives an "unable to open file" error

Is it possible to change the error message to display the name of the file it can't open ?

Thanks for your help

Hey, although the idea is cool, I am having some issues here,

first it does recognize ticks but all my skill gains are 0.000000, PM , total exp and aver tick...

secondly the flickering is unbearable...it is VERY eye straining.. had to stop the program after 164 seconds (try not to clear the window before you update the stats but just 're-write' it so you dont have the black stage? just an opinion)

this being said,i find the project great :) just needs some tweaks

btw tested on: Win 7 Pro x64 German

Regards,

Thor

I'm not sure about flickering as I have non, is this a issue for anyone else? As for the rest please copy and paste a few lines of your skill log for me to see.

Program is at E:\wurm\players\Expcalc.exe, my Player name is Explora and I have daily skill logs at E:\wurm\players\Explora\logs\_Skills.2013-03-29.txt

entering the name "Explora" still gives an "unable to open file" error

Is it possible to change the error message to display the name of the file it can't open ?

Thanks for your help

Ah, I didn't know you could do daily logging. This will be a easy fix just gimmie a bit and I'll get it going for ya.

Edit: When using daily logging does it add a 0 if the day is less then 10 (ex. _Skills.2013_03_09.txt) or just 2013_03_9?

Edited by Maximillian

Update v1.2: Added support for daily log files so it'll work with monthly and daily now. This feature happen automaticly.

When using daily logging does it add a 0 if the day is less then 10 (ex. _Skills.2013_03_09.txt) or just 2013_03_9? I'll need to know this before 4/01 or it may have a bug! Thanks in advance. :)