Sign in to follow this  
Sergonius

Wurm Crashing Right After I Enter The World

I thought I'd play for a while again but I got a rather negative surprise when I opened the game again. Firstly, the place where I last played didn't have the house anymore, just some trees. I was lagging like hell and a lizard, a bear and a spider started chasing me. Of course, I died. After dying, I respawned and I couldn't move at all. The graphics froze, the client crashed, OK. I restarted the client and now I can't move at all, when the graphics start loading the game just crashes, I have waited for way too long and nothing helps. I set optimus to use my GT540M video card and played around will all the compatibility options, nothing is working and I can't go ingame.

Is this something anyone is familiar with or should I ask for a refund or something?

And if I can't play at all and I just bought the premium again yesterday, can I and where ask for a refund?

Your house may have decayed, especially if it's been a long time since you last logged in, and it's expected that aggressive creatures will try to kill you. Without additional information, I can only guess at the rest. I'd guess that you've got the settings turned up too high (What you describe as lag sounds likely to be a low frame rate.) for your system. The crashes may be getting caused by some combination of settings, bad drivers, hardware problems, or other things.

If you provide more information, people may be able to determine what's causing your problems, but without additional information that could be difficult. In particular, your console log and any crash log could be helpful. Your console log will be in the directory you installed Wurm Online's files to with a name of the form "console.<character>.log", such as "console.Sergonius.log". If you don't remember the directory you installed Wurm's files to, you can quickly locate it by searching for a file named "wurm.install", which will be in the same directory as your console log. If it's the client crashing, there may be a dialogue window with a crash log coming up immediately after the crash. If it's Java crashing, there will probably not be a crash dialogue, but will likely be a crash log file created somewhere on your system with a name of the form "hs_err_pid<number>.log", such as "hs_err_pid4293470123.log". You can find such Java crash log files by searching for a file with a name starting with "hs_err_pid" containing the text "wurm" (to ensure that the crash log files it finds are actually for Wurm Online, not some random application/applet).

Also, if you plan to be away from the game for a long time, it's a good idea to either make sure your deed has plenty of upkeep (if you own or are a citizen of a deeded settlement) or go with your most important belongings to a public section of a relatively safe deed (Starter towns and major public markets tend to be good choices, as they tend to stick around, and you're unlikely to be added to their KoS lists.) before logging off long-term. Either way, when logging off long-term I'd recommend logging off with a few of your most important items in your bank and most your important belongings in your inventory (If that includes lanterns, make sure to put them in your bank, not your inventory, as they can decay in your inventory even if you're logged off.). Make sure not to log off for three months or longer at a time on a character that has never had premium time, unless you want to risk it being deleted.

As for a refund, here is what the Wurm Online Terms and Condtions say regarding refunds:

Code Club AB is not under any obligation to refund through any mechanism for game time lost through any "downtime" in the Wurm Online Service. Code Club AB may at its own discretion credit player accounts using the "Sleep Bonus" mechanism.

THERE ARE NO FINANCIAL REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON.

While it is technically possible to get your money back through Paypal, doing so would likely result in game accounts associated with that Paypal account (and possibly your IP address also) being banned.

Send the hs_err_pid file and the console log file. Hard to give any help if we don't get specifics