Sign in to follow this  
yarnevk

Email Account Holder Before Disband

I just lost a large deed to disband because of lack of upkeep, because it is held by a mayour alt I do not play (workaround to lack of L shape deeds)

The CA found out by looking on twitter disbands, if you can post it there don't you think you could do the simple courtesy of sending an email to the account holder? Such a simple thing that could only increase upkeep retention.

Edited by yarnevk
  • Like 1

You could check the deed token. It tells you how much is in the coffers, AND when the deed will expire.

You could check the deed token. It tells you how much is in the coffers, AND when the deed will expire.

The thing is, is that it's not always so easy to remember to log an alt in that's only purpose is to hold a deed.

It wouldn't be a bad addition, I like it.

sorry saw it as a complaint post not really a suggestion... Saw it on the side bar on the main page as a new post, didnt see it in the suggestion forum.

Its an excellent suggestion and should be a no brainer, you want people paying upkeep.

I do see the frustration, but also it is really your own responsibility to manage your deeds :/

None the less, an email about the upkeep and such would be an excellent thing to have

Edited by Shrimpiie

I have 5 alts....2 alts are nothing but holders. The system sends messages to the holder in the event window only if you are logged in that time frame. My main is on that deed every day and polling the token is something the game should do for me, I have enough chores to do than climbing down the cliff the token (was) on. Especially should be possible to do this when I have to find out from the CA who read it on a tweet! Because I logged in after disband I was left wondering why I had lost allied shack access, no msg at all.

The only action I can take now is upkeep strike. Rolf is out 6s/mo from me. Be pretty stupid to pay for the deed twice after just a month.

Edited by yarnevk

My main is on that deed every day and polling the token is something the game should do for me,

im sorry but it was your choice on placement, and it takes maybe a minute of your time. I understand needing to do chores. I have managed a deed before, maybe not the same size ill admit.

I agree it would be nice to have an email sent out, BUT your posts still sound like complaints rather than suggestions.

It almost sounds like you just had the deed placed as a land-grabber. If you had walls on the deed, you would have noticed them decay, quite rapidly.

As someone who manages multiple deeds, you should be responsible for checking and putting upkeep into the deeds you own, whether that only is one, or 20.

It's an unnecessary feature that would clog up bandwidth, as many deeds are disbanded daily due to upkeep. If you know you are going to be away for an extended amount of time, toss enough money into your upkeep to ensure that it will last. Personally, I usually keep 2-3 months of Upkeep in mine in-case of any emergencies. Plus, I do not like the walls decaying with under a month of upkeep left.

• Like 3

I tend to like the idea of having a notification when a deed is about to expire, but you should've checked your upkeep, done the math, and written down on a calendar when it would be time to add more money to maintain your deed.

An ingame notification sent to all villagers would be nice as well. Similar to the notification you get when you are running out of premium.

[12:00:00] Super Deed has less than 1 month of upkeep remaining.

if you make a co mayor rank and give it to the toon you play in the deed he can do everything mayor can. thus not having to log alt in.

If there's less than a day of upkeep remaining, you will get event notifications warning you. I suppose this could be raised to a month, or even two weeks, at most.

Hey Xallo, out of curiousity, what language are the words in your signature written in?

Google says Norwegian, 'No mercy is given'

• Like 1

if you make a co mayor rank and give it to the toon you play in the deed he can do everything mayor can. thus not having to log alt in.

You cannot do that with alt deeds you can only be in one deed at a time. Even with same as mayor permissions the notices only goes to the holder. I have the deeds allied with permissions same as mayour and was never noticed.

Edited by yarnevk

It's an unnecessary feature that would clog up bandwidth, as many deeds are disbanded daily due to upkeep.

You failed to read the part where the CA found out about it disbanding, not from the server logs, but from the public server tweets. I got more emails from the forum about you posting to this thread then there are deeds disbanding. So if they can afford to send forum emails and they can afford to run a tweet log, they can afford the bandwidth to send an email especially when that email says give us more money or loose your deed.

The only one notified is the holder and you have to be logged on that alt to get that notification.

The game sends out low upkeep messages to all citizens, would be easy to send out the same message to all allies.

Would also be nice if allies could see the amount of upkeep in a deed left.

You can link your token to a twitter account of your choice, it will twitter your village chat, might also twitter some status messages, don't know if, but should be if not.

EMail notifiction would be nice too.

Edited by Keldun

Yes an allied msg would be nice as well, if the neighbors are willing to pitch in to save the deed, or in true wurmplay it informs them of the day for lootz.

I check fences and shacks daily as I have a number in butted perimeters (unavoidable in trying to make an L shaped deed) and they was fine the day before, including the mine shack on deed. Decay hits are random they are not an guaranteed indicator. On the other server I had one BSB take a hit out of many BSB and fences when it went into the quick decay before disband so I upkeeped it on time.

I just checked the server tweets, little over 2 emails a day for Indy would have been needed for disbands in the last month. This is not a significant bandwidth cost compared to the number of forum emails that are sent out daily.

Edited by yarnevk

Just check the token from time to time, what if the email gets sent but you won't check the inbox? :P

-1 it takes just as long to check your email as it does to log in the deed holder and check the token...

I hold 3deeds and always keep a few months worth in the coffer. Maybe allow alliance members to see coffer info.

So we dont have to worry about server lags due to sending 10+ emails a day per server

Edited by Ronnie