Sign in to follow this  
Archaegeo

Huge Art Update: What Do You Think?

The new nymph statues are nice here is a ss of a few of them with the new fountains..

3KV42Eb.jpg

• Like 1

The new nymph statues are nice here is a ss of a few of them with the new fountains..

Wow, that's pretty awesome!

I certainly like the theme the stone decorations are taking. I'm looking forward to dog and demon statues ^_^

anyone got a ss of the new pigs? i'm rather curious.

to Wox and other art devs: Thank you.

Beautiful work on the new nymph statues! Also the market stalls have a lot of nice new details to them if you look closely. Well done art team!

=Ayes=

• Like 1

the statue of the nymph complety sux. it totaly destroys the essence of the original and makes my shrines look totaly stupid now. wish they would reverse that that change and add the new sluty version as a new statue.

the statue of the nymph complety sux. it totaly destroys the essence of the original and makes my shrines look totaly stupid now. wish they would reverse that that change and add the new sluty version as a new statue.

I see where you are coming from, although Nymphs are supposed to be "Slutty"

They are a very sexual creature of lore, not to mention, didn't the term "Nymphomaniac" originate from that? Not sure, but its makes sense to make it look more sensual.

not saying I hate the new statue jsut that they made such a radical change instead of just adding the new one as new option, or sticking with the spirit of the original. she had head bowed, and was on a small square pedistal. Just add that back in as new statue please, rename it praying woman or something then I can smash these nymphs and make my shrines look holy again instead of the like the entrance ot a strip bar.

Very nice update on those statues!

Keep them standards high! :D

Thank you graphics team :)

ok on second thought I like them ok, but I still want the old ones as an option!

I would say the opposite about these statues actually: the old one could pass for a seductive Nymph.

This one looks more like a proud goddess looking down on the viever. It would actually work quite well for a Vynora statue.

Uploaded the new statues to the Wiki. You may need to refresh them to see the new ones.

Boy, Girl, and Nymph.

396px-Statue_of_boy.png396px-Statue_of_girl.png397px-Statue_of_nymph.png

Edit: Lol, I just noticed Kswords in the first picture.

Edited by Xallo

Those statues are just crying out to be done in marble......

• Like 2

yeah, it kind of sucks that the statues are on such high pedestals now.

It makes my pond shrine look bad.

I liked how my shrine previously looked like a family had been frozen and turned to stone.

With the higher pedestals, it ruins the immersion as clearly they are statues that have been placed there.

I agree, if we could have the option of the old statues too, I would be happy.

Or even just cutting some of the height off the pedestals would do.

Edited by nikkunikku

kswords at your place, xallo? he beggin for silver there too?

tables remain rather tall, they don't go well with chairs. Any chance of them becoming more proportionate?

Also the boy and girl statues artwork detail is fantastic! Much better than those previous bland looking models. And would be nice to be able to craft them from marble and slate too for more diverse textures. Hopefully the other statues will be redone along these lines of detail soon. Well done art team!

=Ayes=

Seriously the first time I heard the goblin sounds I was creeped out. Good job on those. Not to mention you can hear them from several tiles away. Very very creepy.

-Klever