Sign in to follow this  
Rathgar

The Horse Thief.

Hello, I just want to let people know, someone stole several horses from my place, a cow, a couple of foals and a champion deer. They were stolen from inside my enclosure (off deed) in the West Coast.

Regretably I dont remember the names of the few horses that I had, I do remember however, my favorite horse, an Aged Fat Osiostrong, gray horse, and a white Goldenwild, so if you see someone using those horses, well, you know not to trust that person.

Sucks... as a suggestion I would give lock your pen :) (If you didn't). And call a GM, they can track grounds for longer.

Just had someone tell me that someone bashed one of their off deed fences and took up to 8 horses. This occured south west/central on the map. I had found one wandering the area and returned it to the player but sounds like someone is up to no good here on Deli.

Edited by Lolly1

Did you do a /support? Off deed fence gates can also be lockpicked on Freedom so use gate houses for extra security, and I am sure GMs can check if the gate was lockpicked and by whom.

Sucks... as a suggestion I would give lock your pen :) (If you didn't). And call a GM, they can track grounds for longer.

Actually they can't "track" any better than a player, which i had to find out when a horse glitched out of it's pen.

They can however check the server logs for events like lock picking, bashing walls or leading horses away.

Well, since I didnt think it was a bug or some problem with the game mechanics I didnt call any GM´s and figured I would just count it as a loss and move on.

Well, there are rules that can't be automatically enforced by game mechanics, because they are too complex to easily define in code, but they are still forbidden and will be punished.

The enclosure rule is one of them. You need to call the authorities to deal with these issues.

dont repair the fences, do a /support for any bashed inclosures (Enclosure rules are posted in forum) and a GM will be able to get the person(s) responsible

Edit : http://forum.wurmonl...c/7-game-rules/

if your fence falls under enclosure rules do a /support

ASAP

that doesn't help when they bash it to 90s damage and wait for decay or the one i keep seeing is bashing the fence right before a server restart(as all logs are deleted and the GMs can't find out who did it)

Edited by Deth666

Yes i did lose 8 horses , thanks Lolly for returning that 1, i guess they could not handle all 9 and lost 1.. i was working on my deed and decided to make a temporary fence with gate and lock on my perimeter. 1 wall was bashed and all 9 horses gone. I did a /support and since i didnt have a house attached to fence they could not do a thing.. i understand that. it was a lesson and i will move on and get new horses, but its a warning to others.. If lock was open it would still be legal to just walk in and take them, that person would not be concidered nice, but i would be able to look the other way, but to BASH a fence on a perimeter (still legal) the person who did it is a peice of ######.

if they bash it to 60+ you will see a graphical change and have time to repair, if you want complete protection i suggest getting a deed :/ im not trying to be mean or anything but that really does protect you better

Yes i did lose 8 horses , thanks Lolly for returning that 1, i guess they could not handle all 9 and lost 1.. i was working on my deed and decided to make a temporary fence with gate and lock on my perimeter. 1 wall was bashed and all 9 horses gone. I did a /support and since i didnt have a house attached to fence they could not do a thing.. i understand that. it was a lesson and i will move on and get new horses, but its a warning to others.. If lock was open it would still be legal to just walk in and take them, that person would not be concidered nice, but i would be able to look the other way, but to BASH a fence on a perimeter (still legal) the person who did it is a peice of ######.

its not legal if its part of an enclosure, travel around and see if you see any familiar horses

I did a support, but not all the house-gates belong to me, and one of those was unlocked, so whoever took my horses and champ deer and cows, etc. did it without bashing any walls or anything, and is actually covered by the rules. Animals were inside 2 enclosures (the internal ring is always unlocked). So when I did a support to get at least some info on the problem no one came to see anything and I was dismissed inmediately.

BUT! Like I said, I just posted to remind people not to be so light on security as I was, and not to trust just any stranger, since theres a guy out there who entered two perimeters to take animals from my farm wich clearly is not abandoned, I work there every day, and it wasnt even a huge breeding operation, I had 5 horses and a couple of cows/bulls, and a champ deer that a friend gifted me.

this really sucks..but is also why i keep mydeed locked no matter what...i let the citizen throught and allies..but other then that..only i can let a stranger in...

The horses were found, as well as the champ deer, and all animals were returned healthy and with their equipment on. They were being held inside a stone house VERY close from where they were stolen. Overall, it was a happy ending, and all the other neighbours, like Andraste, Frostymug, Lothren, (and others) were incredibly helpful and supportive. thanks !

PS: Should I post the name of the player and the deed he belongs to ?

Edited by Rathgar

PS: Should I post the name of the player and the deed he belongs to ?

I think you should spill the name of the village. I recently had a batch of Pumpkins stolen from my lands (Not as major), no luck in finding out who though.

Something like this, I would share the village name. Keep the name of the player unmentioned unless you wish to release it.

that doesn't help when they bash it to 90s damage and wait for decay or the one i keep seeing is bashing the fence right before a server restart(as all logs are deleted and the GMs can't find out who did it)

Not true. However, the more promptly something is brought to our attention, the more ikely we are to be able to get hold of the culprit.

Not true. However, the more promptly something is brought to our attention, the more ikely we are to be able to get hold of the culprit.

thats what enki has told me....get the support call in before a server restart as after that there is no way of telling who did it