Sign in to follow this  
Archaegeo

Looks Like Horse Shoes Got Fixed At Some Point (< 50 Ql Matters)

This wiki page says (or did say, just told someone about this so they may update it) that only shows with 50 QL or > matter for bonus.

http://wurmpedia.com/index.php/Horse_shoe

This isnt true.

Tested on a horse with no traits, QL 43, 33, 32, 31 shoes, horse went from 16.55 on flat ground to 18.00

Edited by Archaegeo

18 km/h is the fastest a non trait horse will run

I often use the same horse to ride, without shoes, the same weight (+/- 1kg) it can go 16 km/h one ride, 18 km/h another ride.

As I said earlier in the day, keeping the horse fed plays a large role in its speed, and being fully fed wont take effect right away, often a large delay.

I'd have a look again at a later time, say 12hrs from now, and see how the speed is, just leave it in a pen, and not personally hand feed it, then leave it another length of time, same conditions as above.

Interested to learn the outcome

I did this after feeding and grooming, and repeated test 3x. Shoes on 18, shoes off 16.55, 3x. shrug, but if 18.00 is the cap on non traited horses, who knows, maybe just pushes to cap, or maybe complete coincidence.

Edited by Archaegeo

My horse with very good gear peaks at 38km/h and only does this once per maybe 5 good long rides out.... as I dont travel much, it might even amount to once a week when that happens. I am far from understanding how horses speed function or what conditions affect it... but reaching the peak is arbitrary and can easily deter good test results without riding alot with each possible testable condition.

so, done a quick test today with horse shoes and horses.

the numbers are very wierd to say the least lol.

only a couple tests, less than 10kg on myself, using 2 venerable fat horses (wild horses) and the following horse shoes:

51.07QL 51woa

51.33QL 51woa

51.49QL 52woa

51.79QL 53woa

tamed first horse, fully fed it etc

max speed without shoes, 18.72km/h

max speed with shoes, 23.05km/h

tamed a 2nd horse fully fed etc

max speed without shoes, 18.02km/h

max speed with shoes, 23.04km/h

max speed with 3 horse shoes, 21.60km/h

max speed with 2 horse shoes, 20.86km/h

max speed with 1 horse shoe, 19.44km/h

(note the difference between 2 horse shoes and 3 is only 0.74km/h unlike ~1.4km/h for the other differences)

now, we know the wiki isnt an accurate source of info to go by. I have also provided a VERY small source to base my findings upon, but this is what ive found.

ill post another reply tomorrow, ill make 4 horse shoes to 40QL with no enchants and test the speeds, then test again at 50QL. hopefully i can get a set enchanted above 70 woa too for more testing.

Edited by Acaos

Testing on regular horses is not as credible as hell horses... So many factors.

• Like 1