Sign in to follow this  
Lotus1

Lotus Landing Public Market - Merchants Wanted!

I would post this in the market forum, but this is the initial start-up of the market as opposed to the actual market post. :)

The idea of this market is that it is at a location easily accessible from both Pristine and Sloping Sands as shown on the following map:

Lotusdirections_zps88ea83eb.png

There is a full highway from Spawn Lake to Lotus Landing. I have every intention of putting guard towers up along the desert near my deed to make safer travels. Even without the towers, I still get a fair bit of traffic from Sloping Sands.

So the details...

- The market is right beside the water right at where the highway meets the water (well maybe a few tile south of that :))

- As of now, I currently have 6 stalls being made (3 completed and ready for a merchant, 3 more almost complete)

- I have room for 50+ stalls with the willingness to expand further if it ever came to it.

- There will be no fee from me to set up a merchant and I have no intention of charging a fee later on. I want this to be a public market.

- There is also a clay pier being made at the north end of the market and I will make sure a tar patch is accessible nearby as well.

- I will also be setting up public buildings (ie. workshops, etc) so merchant holders will eventually be able to work on items at the market if desired.

Finally, I also am hashing out the idea of myself checking each merchant once every 1 or 2 weeks and notifying the merchant holders if their stock is running low. :)

If you have any question feel free to im me, contact me in game (my name is Lotus), or post here.

If you would like to place a merchant, simply head to Lotus Landing and place your merchant (although sending me a PM would be helpful if you intend on doing this ;))

• Like 1

We live very closeby (right by fisher's refuge) so we may set up a stall or two once we get settled in. will probably mostly be lowish-med ql stuff, but it'll give us incentive to work on our skills.

Thanks for the support so far guys. :)

Here is a picture on the progress so far. It's obviously a work in progress, but most of the land you see (the north half of my deed) will be dedicated to the public in one form or another.

wurm201303222008_zps3fdafb13.jpg

A little bit of an update, 6 stalls are now built and ready for your merchants.

What you get for having a merchant:

- Merchant placement is free, I don't care for charging for merchants at all

- A great location

- The market is on the waterfront, easy to get to

- The market has a highway to Spawn Lake (less than 10 minutes walk with no gear on)

- Notification when your stock gets low (I will be checking each merchant every 1 or 2 weeks)

- Future workshop buildings on site in case you wanted to mingle around without traveling back to your deed

- A dedicated mayor, I will expand and do everything I can think of to grow and maintain the market

My goal would be for the market to be a public market similar to Freedom Market on Independence. I want to create something that will benefit the community as a whole. :)

Edited by Lotus1
  • Like 1

Nice idea!

Edited by Jacra

Thanks Jacra

There is now a public trader on site. Still looking for merchants. Once enough merchants are around I will start advertising on the market forum. Feel free to come take a look and purchase your contract from the trader! :D

• Like 1

I'll be dropping a merchant there myself soon. Have to finish some orders beforehand though. Thank you for setting it up.

• Like 1

3 merchants at the market now. Will be putting up the page soon on the market. Thanks everyone for your support :)

Good market and very friendly deed owner Lotus.

Lotus helps me with my needs very good. I recommend to put your merchant here.

Thanks,

Asirtan

Lotus has two spirit templars on deed, and he should have his first guard tower within a week or two, so the area is pretty much secure despite the aggros from the desert.

Its a great friendly location. Ive been there several times helping him out and improvements will continue into the forseeable future.

Easy access to the ocean and fairly easy access to SS. Its a great spot for a merchant :)