Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmob

Being Able To Create Own Channels

The title says it all. Being able to create different chat channels, for example, for village or for certain group would be very handy.

There is team chat function already, yes, but that won't be easy to make if your buddys are otherside of the server.

It would be nice to create, for example, chats for your village beside the current village chat like other talk, elder, or chat for certain group of players, regardless if they are other side of the map. These chat channels would be saved after the players log out of course.

If it's too "risky" to add these otherwise, the channels could be max 20-25 players f.e. and the "moderator" could be the creator of the chat channel. The responsibility of talking within rules would be therefore with the creator.

Private chats are un-moderated anyway, so that side of things is covered.

I would like to see a remote team chat system - i.e. you don't have to be next to someone to invite them. Perhaps clicking on a name in alliance/village/friends/local should be enough.

Also, I've not tested - is it possible to be in more than 1 team chat at a time? I kind of assumed so.

• Like 2

Private chats are un-moderated anyway, so that side of things is covered.

I would like to see a remote team chat system - i.e. you don't have to be next to someone to invite them. Perhaps clicking on a name in alliance/village/friends/local should be enough.

Also, I've not tested - is it possible to be in more than 1 team chat at a time? I kind of assumed so.

No its not, if you get invited to a different team chat and accept, you leave the old chat and enter the new one.

You can create channels in private IRC

in console or autorun.txt:

irc
ircsay /join #uberawesomecoolchannelname

I would like to see a remote team chat system - i.e. you don't have to be next to someone to invite them.

Ditto.