Sign in to follow this  
Golddrakken

Can't Access Wiki?

When I click the tab at the top of the page for the Wiki, I now get a download window opening...when I try to download whatever it is, I get a message saying Windows cannot run the file?? I know little to nothing about computers, so haven't a clue what's going on...I was able to access the Wiki fine until a day or two ago.

Anyone know what the Wiki tab wants me to download??

• Like 1

There's a few posts knocking around already, I think Eir's working on a fix.

Not me this time, I went to check and found a note from the host. They had an unexpected emergency maintenance, As soon as they have it back up, I'll go in and give it a tune up. :)

• Like 1

Wiki is still inaccessible...any updates on why and when it may be available again?

I did receive the pop-up today about downloading the application PHP. I'm running Windows 7 and the pop-up happens on both Mozilla and IE.

Here's an extract of the pop-up message:

application/x-httpd-php5 (2.4 KB) application/x-httpd-php5 (2.4 KB)

Thanks to Neurochaotic, I understand now that this is php MIME types error - it's Greek to me but the programmers will look into it. Cornflake, you and Neuro are awesome for responding so quickly ingame. Mucho appreciato.

As a note of caution, please do NOT DOWNLOAD anything from this (or any unknown/unfamiliar) request received.

If you are getting the Coming Soon page in Firefox, a forced "Refresh Page" seems to fix it. I suspect something has gotten cached somewhere when we were having access problems a few days ago.

I get the same download. Using Chrome. This is what it says.

<?php

/**

* This is the main web entry point for MediaWiki.

* If you are reading this in your web browser, your server is probably

* not configured correctly to run PHP applications!

* See the README, INSTALL, and UPGRADE files for basic setup instructions

* and pointers to the online documentation.

* http://www.mediawiki.org/

* ----------

* Copyright © 2001-2011 Magnus Manske, Brion Vibber, Lee Daniel Crocker,

* Tim Starling, Erik Möller, Gabriel Wicke, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason,

* Niklas Laxström, Domas Mituzas, Rob Church, Yuri Astrakhan, Aryeh Gregor,

* Aaron Schulz, Andrew Garrett, Raimond Spekking, Alexandre Emsenhuber

* Siebrand Mazeland, Chad Horohoe, Roan Kattouw and others.

* This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify

* it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by

* the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or

* (at your option) any later version.

* This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,

* but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of

* MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the

* GNU General Public License for more details.

* You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along

* with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc.,

* 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.

* http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html

* @file

*/

# Bail on old versions of PHP. Pretty much every other file in the codebase

# has structures (try/catch, foo()->bar(), etc etc) which throw parse errors in

# PHP 4. Setup.php and ObjectCache.php have structures invalid in PHP 5.0 and

# 5.1, respectively.

if ( !function_exists( 'version_compare' ) || version_compare( phpversion(), '5.3.2' ) < 0 ) {

// We need to use dirname( __FILE__ ) here cause __DIR__ is PHP5.3+

require( dirname( __FILE__ ) . '/includes/PHPVersionerror.php' );

wfPHPVersionerror( 'index.php' );

}

# Initialise common code. This gives us access to GlobalFunctions, the

# AutoLoader, and the globals $wgRequest, $wgOut, $wgUser, $wgLang and

# $wgContLang, amongst others; it does *not* load $wgTitle

if ( isset( $_SERVER['MW_COMPILED'] ) ) {

require ( 'phase3/includes/WebStart.php' );

} else {

require ( __DIR__ . '/includes/WebStart.php' );

}

$mediaWiki = new MediaWiki();

$mediaWiki->run();

Edited by BrianFullblade

I am getting a download instead of the wiki opening with Google chrome every time i click the link that is on the wurm webpage and my bookmarked link.

I am getting a download instead of the wiki opening with Google chrome every time i click the link that is on the wurm webpage and my bookmarked link.

Have you tried a page refresh ?

when i refresh it takes me back to my homepage (google search)

Edit: it is like the link is to a download file not a website i never really leave the homepage/current tab but the download starts and i stay there.

Here is what i get when i right click and open in new window it downloads that file and will not refresh using F5 or the button from the browser. (google chrome)

*problem resolved for me took the screenshots out..thanks*

Edited by Kegan

I just did some checking, it seems fine. I can access the Wiki, blocked some spammers so it's working on my end. I notice Kegan, you have the www in front of your URL. Try taking that out and see if it works. Next clear all your cache, you may be getting a false page load. Other than that, I'm not sure what the problem is.

• Like 1

yes taking the www out worked maybe i need to run some security programs on this pc it has been awhile

I can access the Wiki if I type "wurmpedia.com" (without quotation marks) in my Chrome search bar, but when I am on the main Wurm Online page ("wurmonline.com") if I click the tab for the Wiki I still get the download as described above in Kegan's post #11.

• Like 1

The tab for the wiki from the website does seem to point to a www.wurmpedia.com rather then to just wurmpedia.com

Edit: I cleared my cache and restarted the browser and i am still getting the download when i try it from the website tab but i have created a favorites link using just the wurmpedia.com without the www. and it works fine from that it should also be said that if i Google wurmpedia and click their link to the site it also starts the download. I am thinking it has to be something other then us as it is more then one person having the same trouble.

Edited by Kegan

Aye, wurmpedia.com works but www before it doesn't seem to work. Any ideas as to the problem? :D

Bad links? Maybe change/update all the redirecting links that contain 'www.' at the beginning of the link. Two come to mind immediately ... the one on that tab at the top of these forum pages, and the one on the main Wurm Online website (Community page). For the moment though, I'd suggest people just update / create their bookmarks accordingly, and not use those old page links (at least not until they get fixed).

jmho

iirc there's two servers. The wiki (wurmpedia.com) and a caching server (www.wurmpedia.com) that tries to lower the load on the wiki.

If we can't access the caching server, then we have to link to the main server anyway, right?

I can understand not directly linking to the main server under ideal/normal conditions. I really can. But, unfortunately, conditions are not ideal or normal. :(

When conditions improve back to some semblance of normalcy, and we can use the links provided, people's bookmarks can be updated to reflect that (and reduce wiki load/lag).

Both servers work for me (and did like 8 hours ago). Apparently the cached broken page has been replaced by a working version already.

I disabled my java script and it worked fine. The redirect is amiss, methinks.

Thought I'd mention this. Trying to access www.wurmpedia.com does not work. same errors as above... HOWEVER.. going to http://wurmpedia.com...x.php/Main_Page does work... bad redirect ? Not into the web server stuff much.

Thank you very much this helped me to access the wurmpedia. Hopefully the other stuff gets fixed soon

thanx for the link Afira, that worked for me, and i did some research when this first started happening to me and one of the things i noticed is that the download is a *.part file, meaning, i think, that is is not even downloading the whole file for some reason.

www.wurmpedia.com is sending a correct page.

Either your browser has the broken page cached or the some proxy server in between still has an old page.