Sign in to follow this  
Ariexee

Water Monster

The water is a VERY safe place, beside bearsharks. when ever you are being chased by a spider or a hellhound running into the water is your best bet, but I feel the water is abit TOO safe.

I was thinking about how when I use to play maplestory I would go to the japanese world and find myself fighting these things

220px-Kappa_water_imp_1836.jpg

they didn't seam that scary untill you attacked one and they turned into something terrifying. The kappa is folklore, but is known to play mindgames on you, and usually only appeared at night, in fog, wile you where alone.

I was thinking what if they added something like this, that spawned within a 5 tile radius from the shoar, but than I thought of something else.

My idea would be a water monster, or a water spirit. they would have a 1-15 chance on spawning wile its heavy fog 20 tiles from the shoar. they wouldn't be able to go on land, but would be fast and would aim at players who are in boats. they would be ment to be terrifying and really hard to see/find so that way when you find one you want to GTFO

basically a monster that lives on the waters surface and only spawns in fog and is ment to scare you

• Like 2

I do believe your idea is going to take a screaming face dive as far as reactions go.

What happened to all the sharks ingame that teared boats to pieces?

water should be scarier, sure.

BUT

FOG MONSTERS...

i'm alright with this. make random monsters spawn in fog. Shades. Drakespirits, Lava fiends! YES.

im waiting for a fog to happen ingame so I can draw what it would look like =w=

you throw your line to fish

you get a bite

the fish pulls and you hear your rod creak

you feel an uncomfortable feeling.

you catch a catfish!

you feel like someone is watching you

you throw your line out

a cold breeze puts your lantern out.

an adolecent Water spirit claws at your back and harms it

an adolecent water spirit claws at your back and harms it

you are dead

Ehh, every time water mobs have been brought up there's been the general consensus of adding passive mobs, but aggressive ones have been shot down every time.

Sailing already sucks in low wind and to be perfectly honest sailing is more of an AFK activity. If you paired low winds, fog, and water mobs that attack people on boats then there's going to be an uproar.

I'd rather keep my peaceful sailing. It's the only time I know that I won't be attacked by something. And it's not that I couldn't take the mobs, it's just that it would be a huge nuisance and would remove the last form of safe travel for those with low FS.

You know, i like this idea to a certain point but then i think damn, id be mighty pee'd off if i died out at sea, with a cog full of items and no other boat to sail me back out to get it. Sure I'd like to think that there would be someone nice enough around me to take me back to my lost boat but that always isnt the case.

So its a +/- 1 from me.

I think we need sea storms with crazy waves crashing over the bow, winds that snap masts, ocean going vessels, water servers, sea monsters, actual ship-ship combat including boarding... all that.

• Like 1

you want to afk sail, that's your problem. improve sailing and make it more dangerous. Bring the survival aspect back to high end gameplay.

It is already a heck of a thing to sail in fog, and you would like to make it harder by giving chance to be attacked too? I think I'm good :/

We had sea serpents and huge sharks.. They were removed becuase they were too powerful. I wouldnt mind seeing those back if theyre toned down a bit :)

Annex%20-%20Chapman,%20Ben%20(Creature%20From%20the%20Black%20Lagoon)_NRFPT_20.jpgCreature from the Black Lagoon!!! :D Edited by Protunia

I'm up in the air on this, as its so deadly traveling already i would hate to have to worry about death while at sea, especially at low winds.

However it might give merchants cause to hire protection and add a cool element to the game :D.

Mostly leaning towards -1 if it wasn't implemented in a way that it wasn't super dangerous.

Aye Ive always felt water needs more mobs. Same for the skies too for that matter.

I don't like the idea of taking the only safe mode of travel and making it unsafe, just for the people that want it to be more dangerous. I do not enjoy having to run across a server and beg a lift from someone just to recover my corpse from some mob i couldn't escape and (if anything like those sea serpents were) couldn't even see before it attacked me. I choose sailing because it's safer. Want danger? Walk through the olive forests instead of sailing on the clear seas.

This is why I think non-aggro mobs like whales should be added to the seas, not more of these mobs only the high fs players can survive which will follow you for ages and end up surrounding every popular harbour.

• Like 1

It is already a heck of a thing to sail in fog, and you would like to make it harder by giving chance to be attacked too? I think I'm good :/

but but... what if the fog creatures just want to help you get home..... via bloody pool and body bag
  • Like 1

I don't like the idea of taking the only safe mode of travel and making it unsafe, just for the people that want it to be more dangerous. I do not enjoy having to run across a server and beg a lift from someone just to recover my corpse from some mob i couldn't escape and (if anything like those sea serpents were) couldn't even see before it attacked me. I choose sailing because it's safer. Want danger? Walk through the olive forests instead of sailing on the clear seas.

This is why I think non-aggro mobs like whales should be added to the seas, not more of these mobs only the high fs players can survive which will follow you for ages and end up surrounding every popular harbour.

XD wurm isnt suppose to be safe but true it is the safest way of travel if you dont run into bears, I know some hunters generally keep highways safe, this would just give hunters another area to clear for fun and skill

we can give water mobs some kind of bubble or surfacing animation as a warning (maybe also an aggro animation?)

Edited by shadowblasta
  • Like 1

this would just give hunters another area to clear for fun and skill

No thanks, they can stick to wherever they are hunting atm. No point introducing something that makes life harder for people who dont want to fight, to benefit those who do. Plenty of aggro mobs elsewhere!

• Like 1

We had sea serpents and huge sharks.. They were removed becuase they were too powerful. I wouldnt mind seeing those back if theyre toned down a bit :)

They were not removed, they were uniques that got hunted down already.