Sign in to follow this  
Sometouw

Reward For Stolen Horses

I am offering a 1s per horse reward for information on the current location of my stolen horses.

(all grey)

Fastbrisk

Mountainrolf

Dancenorth

Rainhop

They were taken from an unlocked pen (yes I know I thought it was locked.) at Grasslands x43,y44.

I would like to know where they are, and who took them. I would also like them back, but not hopeful.

Yes I do want the thief publicly shamed, just because the game rules allowed him/her to take them, that doesn't make it right, and they knew it was wrong and did it anyway.

Edited by Sometouw

2 ) You may not harass (sexually or otherwise), verbally abuse, threaten, berate, flame or cause unwanted distress to anyone.

Shame threads fall under this category, imo.

would agree with camberme, especially since there isn't a way you could absolutely prove the person 'stole' them from you.

Besides, half the people playing the game would take horses that weren't locked up if they needed some (which half of the players could in fact use some)

I had a similarly frustrating situation.. had a cart with over 80s worth of stuff loaded i was going to take to my boat to sail back up from release, someone took MY cart, off MY deed.. with my horses attached.. was someone who was friended to the character (which i bought) who owned the cart and i didn't realize.

It happens... even in my case.. its my fault.. move on bud, no point in letting it stew.. you'll be better off.

I say own your actions. You go into someone else's pen locked or not and take their stuff, if you get caught then why shouldn't you be branded as a thief? Only person who ahs been abused here is me. <edit>BTW this isn't a shame thread, it is me posting a reward for information about my horses.

Edited by Sometouw

Yes I do want the thief publicly shamed, just because the game rules allowed him/her to take them, that doesn't make it right, and they knew it was wrong and did it anyway.

sounds like a shame thread to me.

And you shouldn't be branded as a thief because they didn't 'steal' them. Had they actually stolen them you'd be able to get a GM to get them back for you (if i'm right, not speaking for a gm here lol)

Anyway, a few horses isn't a large loss, which is why i pointed out myself as an example. I'm sure i'm small time to what others have had taken from them for not locking their stuff up properly.

It happens, move on.

Besides.. if anything.. they'd probably just slaughter them and bury the corpses after seeing this thread lol

So, Roan let me get this right, your saying they didn't steal them because they went into an unlocked pen that didn't belong to them, and captured my horses?

I kind of always thought the definition of stealling, was taking something that didn't belong to you without permission. I din't give them permission, yes I did not have the house door locked, but just because they could do it doesn't make it right.

You say big deal 4 horses. I say yes it is a big deal to me, because those were 4 out 6 of my female horses. And the only 4 females on that deed. Why are you here defending them? If someone spots my horses, and collects my reward, (easy silver for them) I will goto the location where they are reported to be, verify the info, and then make it publicly avalible. Simple facts.

And as far as a shame thread, I will abide by a GM decision on that. But fact is plenty of "this person griefed me", and "so and so stole my cart" theads out there. I don't see how a "this player is in posession of my stolen horses" thread would be any diffrent.

And personaly I hope they do slughter and bury them. Then they will get the same amount of use out of them as I will.

I'm not defending them.

I do think it was wrong, but it isn't stealing, if it was it wouldn't be allowed.

All i was trying to say is that this stuff happens, and its easier to just get over it and move on. By all means, pay a reward, investigate.. scream bloody murder... i just think you're wasting your time and money. (you can spend those silvers on new horses. . . )

Ask around for horses, people give them away all the time. They're for sale on pristine for 20c, should be about the same price on release if you can't find someone to give you 1 or a few.

:ph34r: bring back limited pvp on freedom using alignment and outlaw methods from betadays :ph34r:
  • Like 1

What really struck me hardest, wasn't the horses being taken. But rather the general attitude on the freedom chat. Which seemed to boil down to, "Your gate wasn't locked, so its ok for anyone to steal them." It isn't just this instance either, it really seems to me that the freedom wurm community has become infested with "I'll do what I want, no matter how it affects anyone else."

I personally feel that players with those attitudes should be playing on a pvp server. Not skating by the rules, and freedom coc trying to get away with as much as they possibly can.

"Your gate wasn't locked, so its ok for anyone to steal them."

Its not about it being OK or Not OK, its about the game rules. If You fail your due diligence, the responsibility is on you for failing to lock the gate. If somone takes the horses from the unlocked pen, which is allowed by both the mechanics of the game and by rule, your issue here is a moral one and not one based in the rules of gameplay on the server.

I personally feel that players with those attitudes should be playing on a pvp server. Not skating by the rules, and freedom coc trying to get away with as much as they possibly can.

Again, the falt first lies with you. Under the Game Rules and the COC, this person has done nothing wrong.

People tend to apply their personal morals to the games they play, I do it too sometimes (I get really ticked off sometimes)...but if you disagree with the rule, please send a PM to the Lead GM with your concerns, but you are not allowed to try and push your morals onto other people here (i.e. Shame Threads).

Edited by Aodhan

All a mute point now, responsible party has been identified.

Will not be posting their name. Will be getting even in the end though.

Please close thread.

/me always chuckles when people don't look after their stuff and it gets taken.

If you found money on the ground in the street, you'd pick it up, even though it belongs to someone else, because they DIDNT SECURE IT.

If the pen was on a deed.... Then they just escaped from wooden fence bug maybe. If your deed setting allow anyone to lead animals then I'd say shame on you.

Stop using the word thief on the freedom cluster. Rolf disabled thievery here. There is only carelessness.

• Like 2

Also domestic animals can be branded to facilitate recovery in the event of theft.

Seems the writers of the Freedom CoC would disagree with that statement. Would also seem Rolf would disagree with that statement otherwise why would he add a feature to the game to help recover animals if they couldn't be stolen to begin with?

Want to blame me for leaving the pen unlocked, fine I accept that. I blame myself more than anything else. But don't come here all high and mighty and try to tell me my horses were not stolen. A player came onto my deed entered an off deed pen through my house, and led my horses off. Five in total, so they had to make at lease two trips. Why? Because they wanted them, and didn't want to buy horses, or just too dang lazy to go and look for them. I don't know and really don't care.

But don't come here, and urinate on me and try and tell me its raining.

By theft they mean if someone bashed into your enclosure, breaking the enclosure rules. If they can get into an area without breaking rules, it's not theft.

All a mute point now, responsible party has been identified.

Will not be posting their name. Will be getting even in the end though.

Please close thread.

Closed by OP request